FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is Freemasonry the worshipping of the Devil???

andredesignz
I have read some info about freemasonry but i really don't have a full understanding about it ... what do u think about it??? it is really about the Devil
evilgeniuself
The Freemasons descended from the Templar Knights who fought in the Crusades from 1066 to the 1400s, and fought on the side of Catholicism, so saying they are the devil would be rather odd. They are basically a fraternity of "truthseekers", as they put it, and freemasonry is not actually a religion in itself as freemasons have had different worships in the past. They pretty much just collect and research masonic knowledge, from what I can tell. They also have built some amazing structures, and have had many influential members (along with a few founding fathers, although I am not sure which ones)...
Of course, I may be wrong, but this is all I know about the Freemasons and their practices.
standready
All I know is my dad is a member. How? Why? I don't know. He certainly is not a "truthseeker", just a bum.
Donutey
In modern contexts it's more of a somewhat secretive fraternity for men. Definitely not devil worshiping, just wikipedia them if you're really interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasons
andredesignz
standready wrote:
All I know is my dad is a member. How? Why? I don't know. He certainly is not a "truthseeker", just a bum.

Does u'r father wear a ring..... his he a business man.... base on what i've read its most business wise pple join it
{name here}
andredesignz wrote:
I have read some info about freemasonry but i really don't have a full understanding about it ... what do u think about it??? it is really about the Devil

To some people, it could. In Freemasonry you must believe in a higher being. How that higher being manifests itself is a matter to the member, and no members can question your philosophical interpretation of a higher being. This means that some members can be so-called "devil-worshippers" equally as much so as they can be deists, christians, jews, muslims, hindus, or gnostics.
andredesignz
{name here} wrote:
andredesignz wrote:

To some people, it could. In Freemasonry you must believe in a higher being. How that higher being manifests itself is a matter to the member, and no members can question your philosophical interpretation of a higher being. This means that some members can be so-called "devil-worshippers" equally as much so as they can be deists, christians, jews, muslims, hindus, or gnostics.

ohhhh thx alot i think am getting it now
DoctorBeaver
{name here} wrote:
andredesignz wrote:

I know a couple of masons who are atheists. I also know Jewish & Moslem masons as well as Christians.

People have very much the wrong idea of Freemasonry. For a start, you would not believe how much they do for charity.

That they were originally Knights Templar is far from proven; it is just 1 theory. Another is that they adhere to the religion of Ancient Egypt (the Masonic symbol is the sign of Ptah the builder). Personally, I do not think so. They have much more in common with some Gnostic sects.