FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Education system in Kerala

chatrack
Appart from the conventional Education system, here we are now in "Student Centered" education.

The new education system implimented in Kerala :

1. Teacher is a guide not Guru.
2. Students and Parents deside the quality of teachers.
3. Students have to reffer books from and find answers to problems, with the help of parents.
4. Mother toung and Literature has little importance.

What you think about the new system of Education?
natilovesmike
I am not sure what are the key points in the new systems. I think students should have a role in their education. But I think those are not main points, but how you "teach" a kid something and make him love what he is learning. I truly believe that what you learn is not important as long as you have passion for it.
snedan
student orintated education is great, but in practice it doesnt work that well. I was reading befor about this school that was following "give students what they want" and guess what happened? their accadamic performance dropped drastically, and plus many students lost motivation to study, where in fact this program was designed to improve this factor. I cant recall exactly for what but it was something to do with reducing dropout rates.
Cddhesh
Everything has become money oriented dear. Teaching is business these days. Tuition is surplus.
Students require good teacher to learn.I am not saying student cant learn by themselves.Its like this
"I can go far! with coach i can go further !"
Everyone has power to proceed but somebody should be there to give proper direction.
I agree with your new education model, I am observing it at many places.One thing is for sure smart students will never remain back, let education system keep on changing its dresses.
nivinjoy
chatrack wrote:
Appart from the conventional Education system, here we are now in "Student Centered" education.

The new education system implimented in Kerala :

1. Teacher is a guide not Guru.
2. Students and Parents deside the quality of teachers.
3. Students have to reffer books from and find answers to problems, with the help of parents.
4. Mother toung and Literature has little importance.

What you think about the new system of Education?

I think this is a new step in the field of education and i feel it is innovative and great...Because it would ensure that the students get a chance to realize their potential and they would work hard themselves...!! The students have to find out the answers to the solutions by refering to the books and thus they get a chance to display their abilities in front of the world and they can prove themselves in front of others...!!

I stongly feel that this is a good system and hope let it be a huge success...!!
yagnyavalkya
Very good I like th esystme
wich the systme can bring abour change inthe great stateopf Kerala
ptpmonitor
Well, I think it is a good system if we can applied it successfully. But I don't understand why literature and mother tongue got less importance in this system. Their was no problem if they gave the same importance on it like before. A nation can never prosper if it is not developed in literature. Though i am a student of math but I feel it. The another things looks odd. Why students will select their reference books? Its not suitable for students of primary and secondary education. Good part is teachers will be guide, not a "guru".
yagnyavalkya
Deleted