FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your Best Anime

sayhitoarvind
everyone , tell us the best anime you liked ever

The one wch i would luv forever is DBZ
albuferque
Kanon by Mariko Shimizu
Parkour_Jarrod
The HellSing Series (cant remember who did it Confused
bogger
Umanosuke Iida directed it, the show is by gonzo, the studio, they also made trinity blood, a quite good series indeed.

however, I'm more of a fan of Blood+
it's a series adaptation of blood, the last vampire, by Production IG, 50 episodes, well worth watchin
bloodrider
For me, the favorite is Naruto Very Happy
crimson_aria
For me, it is prolly Code Geass. It's not the best and certainly not perfect but I like it most. Its second season kind of fell compared to its first. But, it had, still have, the greatest impact on me like no other anime. and Lelouch is just so fabulous, my favorite character.

Yu Yu Hakusho is also one of my favorites cause it's what got me into watching anime. It'll always be special.
bogger
sorry, but I had to steal this image:

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/5499/animehis1.jpg
(it's too big to show, so click the link)

so, there ya go Smile
amperx
wow now thats alot xd,
best anime for me would be
soul eater
bleach
gantz
school rumble xd
dbz
bogger
do you REALLY think bleach is good?

I watch it, but I know it's crap, I just watch it anyway.

that list is kinda long, not QUITE as long as my movie list of 500 films, which could take a bit longer to get through
jsfdan
I like to read Boys Be. Surprised
evilgeniuself
I enjoy fantasy and mystery, so I would probably have to go with Pet Shop of Horrors for the best Anime in my opinion. Either that or Noein....
Iskauasten
My best cartoon film is casper Very Happy
ghost casper:D
ddukki
Gotta be Cowboy Bebop. First series I ever watched in full, on DVD, in Japanese with English Subs, mutually exclusive and inclusive. Got me started on Anime, really, if you don't count the initial experience with Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal that got me hooked two days before it.
blk3
Yu yu Hakusho, Samurai X, Naruto and Dragon Ball. Also there are some more, a lot more actually, but these are what comes to mind first.
dude_xyx
There are many,

Bleach
RoboTech (Old ass Anime)
Naruto
To Love Ru
nocturn98
I cant bellieve nobody mentioned Hajime No Ippo.
shybovycha
The best anime I've seen are nearly 30DVDs... But the most exciting were: Air, Kanon, Clannad (may be, not everywhere, but it's rather good one), Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Great Teacher Onizuka, Devil May Cry, Furi-Kuri (FLCL; It's one of the most crasy and the most exciting anime, I've ever seen!).
-LuZ-
I like bleach, naruto, air gear and DBZ of course.
Hogwarts
ddukki wrote:
Gotta be Cowboy Bebop. First series I ever watched in full, on DVD, in Japanese with English Subs

Heretic! Evil or Very Mad

There is no other way to watch anime besides in Japanese (give or take subtitles). Never mention that there may even be another way to watch anime, lest the world implode Surprised
ddukki
Hogwarts wrote:
ddukki wrote:
Gotta be Cowboy Bebop. First series I ever watched in full, on DVD, in Japanese with English Subs

Heretic! Evil or Very Mad

There is no other way to watch anime besides in Japanese (give or take subtitles). Never mention that there may even be another way to watch anime, lest the world implode Surprised
Haha, yes, I was young and ignorant. You have to realize that I watched the original Dragonball in Korean when I was about 6 and that was the only experience I had with anime until I saw Samurai.
Arseniy
The Grave of the Fireflies (that's not series, that's movie)
Naruto
Hellsing
and I don't like Bleach
j00gotpwnd
My favorites include:

Black Lagoon
Ergo Proxy
Hellsing
Rurouni Kenshin

I am currently watching Death Note and Black Cat which are also very good!
j00gotpwnd
My favorites include:

Black Lagoon
Ergo Proxy
Hellsing
Rurouni Kenshin

I am currently watching Death Note and Black Cat which are also very good!
Nameless
Death Note (although, the manga was better, natch), Serial Experiments Lain and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Can YOOOUUU spot the odd one out of those favourites? Laughing
deadswan
Ummm...
I havn't really watched many but I do like:
DB
DBS
and I havn't yet got round to watching DBGT...

Oh and I watched a film one called ummmmm Ninja Scroll, that was quite good I thought

Mr. Green
amperx
Soul Eater, but it just ended, but really great anime Very Happy
crimson_aria
I cannot believe I actually for got to mention Rurouni Kenshin. Definitely on my best list. It's the only anime I watched dubbed in my mother tongue, in English, and in Japanese.
crimson_aria
I cannot believe I actually for got to mention Rurouni Kenshin. Definitely on my best list. It's the only anime I watched dubbed in my mother tongue, in English, and in Japanese.
dude_xyx
crimson_aria wrote:

I was told Rurouni Kenshin but I haven't started watching it. I'm more into action comedy type Anime.
crimson_aria
dude_xyx wrote:

I was told Rurouni Kenshin but I haven't started watching it. I'm more into action comedy type Anime.

but Rurouni Kenshin is sort of an action comedy type. if by action you mean fights, then RK has tons of them. and there are really funny episodes. the series is long but it's great. I hope you can try it out some time. ^_^
amperx
yeah, the best one that i cannot forget is dbz,samuraix(rk),and trigun
clydejaw
Fav chars of all time:(love never dies even if i take them off the top favs list)
Chichiri ( fushigi yuugi)
L(Death note)
Sesshoumaru ( Inu Yasha)
Maes Hughes(FMA)
Alphonse Elric (FMA)
Lantis (Rayearth)
Seto Kaiba(Yugioh)

and characters not from anime that i love too~
Vincent Valentine(FF7)
Laguna Loire (FF8)
Link(Legend of Zelda)
Delia (Pandect.tk)
Boromir(LOTR)
Sam(LOTR)
Captain Jean-Luc Picard (ST:Next Gen)
Seven of Nine (Voyager)
Spock(Star Trek)
Agent Smith (the Matrix)
Dean Winchester (Supernatural)
dude_xyx
My favorites are,

Bleach
Naruto
To Love Ru
Green Green
Umisho
Love Hina
zero no tsukaima
Mai-Hime
Full metel panic
Queen's Blade
Onegai teache
Asu No Yoichi
He is my master
Sekirei
Ai Yori Aoshi

Most of them are Comedy or Ecchi. I like this type of Anime because they are simple and fun to watch.
amperx
just finished watching this anime named tengen toppa gurren lagann, and it replaced my previous fave dbz with it, its an anime worth 27 episodes of pure win Very Happy
amperx
princess mononoke
howls moving castle
spirited away

for a series then that would be

tengen toppa gurren lagann
ato784
crimson_aria wrote:
dude_xyx wrote:

but Rurouni Kenshin is sort of an action comedy type. if by action you mean fights, then RK has tons of them. and there are really funny episodes. the series is long but it's great. I hope you can try it out some time. ^_^

Rurouni Kenshin is one of the best show that i have watched and it is really funny, what it had going for it was how long it was. since they got to develope the characters.

the best however is not Rurouni Kenshin, it is gungrave for me, since the story is so serious and the background so intreging to me.
bymenchek
i want a good anime. now i havent a anime
Kirara
vampire knight and Las guerreras magicas
jigoku05
I've watched over 250 diff anime series (not including ovas and movies) that it's so hard to pick one. But what got me hooked into anime is Rurouni Kenshin.
paskifire
One piece!
cherry-pie
Sailor Moon, Full Moon wo Sagashite, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, Hellsing, Kuroshitsuji, Saint Seiya, Shurato, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Neon Genesis Evangelion
amperx
i would suggest this one too, to those watching this anime, next weeks going to be the ending episode for the anime,

its FMA: Brotherhood, God i've never been so amazed at the author of a manga/anime one since one piece(hail echiro oda), fma:brotherhoods story is soo broad and deep, and filled with question that get you asking, yeah why is it like that etc. etc., I suggest this anime to everyone Very Happy
Starrfoxx
This is a hard one to answer, because I love all kinds of anime. We recently watched "Ponyo" and that was really cute. I love the old "Macross" and I like "final Fantasy Unlimited". I also like "Spirited Away", "Castle In The Sky", and the other movies made by that same director.
rayxzero
FMA - Brotherhood
SOul Eater
Ponyo
Sword of the Stranger
rayxzero
The best anime for me is Trigun. Though it's a bit old already, the combination of comedy, love action and tactics makes me love this anime with "Love and Peace". It also has lots of lessons so you can recommend this to the kids you know.

Second to this anime for me is One piece. Same with Trigun, they not fight just for power but for their friends, protect their love ones and for their dreams. This anime is also a combination of comedy and action with a bit of drama. I love how Luffy was able to withstand all the trials and obstacles in his life, and how he was able to defeat his enemies because of his one goal, to be the king of pirates and get one piece. Pretty childish but it's what makes people strong - having dreams and having these animes inspire them.

Enjoyable, educational and inspiring animes. Very Happy
nigam
one of my best anime is Meet the Robinsons... my child watched this movie everyday for many times...i and my son likes this movie very much..."Keep Moving Forward" is my favorite line
Dragon ball series is best too during my childhood days...i never skip to watch this too...i also have CD's....
Delzon
i like comedy XD,

-K-ON!!
-School Rumble
-Angel Beats
-Toradora
dbase
There are many,

Bleach
RoboTech (Old ass Anime)
Naruto
To Love Ru

Smile Smile
dude_xyx
@ dbase : I like all those Anime. Smile

Bleach
RoboTech
To Love Ru
Love Hina
Naruto
Cheeldash
For me the best anime is Death Note, though i haven't seen many of the best animes. I like a lot One Piece and Lupin III; when i was 7-8 my favourite was God Mars, everytime i saw it i was thinking 'this cartoon comes from the future!' while it had already 10 and more years.
kitsrock
Speaking strictly of anime, I definitely enjoyed Cowboy Bebop. In my opinion, one of the best anime ever created.

For other anime I enjoyed (I keep a separate list for manga)
Samurai Champloo, Black Lagoon, Gundam Wing + Endless Waltz, Azumanga Daioh, FMP! Fumoffu, Gankutsuou, Hajime no Ippo, Berserk, Love Hina, Welcome to NHK, and Full Metal Alchemist to name a few.
miyustar
Best anime will be Full metal alchemist brotherhood, Chrono Crusade and hunter x hunter
macky
sayhitoarvind wrote:
everyone , tell us the best anime you liked ever

The one wch i would luv forever is DBZ

naruto is my all time favorite...
Shiny
If I have to choose only one favorite anime, that would be Aria.
ivanegues
jigoku05 wrote:
I've watched over 250 diff anime series (not including ovas and movies) that it's so hard to pick one. But what got me hooked into anime is Rurouni Kenshin.

For me is the one I like the most, even i haven seen as much as i would wish. I wonder if someday it would came out more stories about kenshin.
There are some unanswererd questions like the fight with SAITO. At least in movies or television, I dont know about the printed anime.

I like also is Cowboybeebop and Evangelion. (and another one about a little girl and her computter, i have the song on my head but i cant remember the series name Confused )
And Musishi!.

Its amazing the doors that anime open to expression in society.
ato784
bogger wrote:

so, there ya go Smile

WOW all of my top 5 anime are on that list.

(in no particular order)

Baccano!
Gankutsuou
Deathnote
Monster
Haibane Renmei
Foxygirl05
For me it is Darker Than Black.
But One Piece and Fairy Tail are favorite anime too.
TenshiMaster
bogger wrote:

so, there ya go Smile

wow.. great animes!. Thanks Smile
mochipie
Delzon wrote:
i like comedy XD,

-K-ON!!
-School Rumble
-Angel Beats
-Toradora

This, definitely, though to be honest I also enjoy a variety of more serious anime (if Code Geass or Naruto could be considered "serious", anyways.)
akun
Rellay many shojo are nice also for me any movie of ghibli are great ^_^ for example Tonani to Totoro or Hotaru no haka