FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Winter Solstice

deanhills
Looks as though we missed the Winter Solstice in the forum (or did I miss it)? Psychologically has always been a good day for me, especially in Vancouver, Canada where the nights in winter are REALLY long and it gets dark around 4:30 p.m. and when it is raining it just looks drizzley, grey and gloomy. So at least from 21 December I could visualize longer days coming. Winter days are waning Smile

Here in the UAE we have relatively longer days, slightly cooler ones (ideal ones actually), sort of Goldilocks Weather. But for me the day is much shorter and I like to have them longer, so 21 December for me is also a kick-off day here for looking forward to longer days.
coolclay
I am with you on that one I love the winter except for the whole short days thing. So I am also excited to see the winter solstice. Longer days make my job easier too. I am a marine science instructor, we take kids snorkeling and things and with the shorter days we loose the sun much earlier because it goes behind the mountains and snorkeling isn't near as much fun when it's dark, and not sunny.
haloworld
i agree i love winter