FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google predicted in 1964

truespeed
Well not exactly but its interesting anyway.

Click here to read about "The answer machine".
Nick2008
That's pretty cool, thanks for pointing that out. Smile
guissmo
This is interesting. Maybe in these years we should be predicting about 3D stuff and holograms already. Smile
Magicman
I figure that many of today's technologies could be considered to have been predicted in the past because technology tends to be built on what people dream of for the future. That is a really interesting find though.
Vladalf
Hah, that was very interesting. The Answer Machine was very tought about in the past but noone tought that it will work with the contribution of billions of people.

Vladalf
pll
Haha that's nice.
I mean nobody could imagine something like that in 1964. Laughing
But now we are there so the question is : WHAT'S COMING ?
achowles
Thanks for sharing. Interesting find. Not only because they predicted what technology now makes possible, but also because they've even got the large flat screen monitor there too. That's something that even most 80s sci-fi neglects to include.
LostOverThere
That is amazingly cool. Thanks for the post!

Also, that answer machine looks like an LCD TV hung from a wall. Who knew it would predict that too. Razz
pashmina
haha funny.
yep i agree on every line. google has become some useful that it is needed for like everything we do.
i even like to order prints, pizzas, book and every other thing i like which is located near my area.
so google rocks.
tony
Haha; is that real? If so, that's awesome!
SRBuckey5266
Wow, never knew about this. Awsome!
jabce85
huh.,. cool stuff, never knew that.
j_f_k
that's an interesting article. although we're not quite there yet. AI is one of the mega disappointments of the computer science world - especially given the kind of AI solutions they had in the early 80's with the limited computer power then havn't been matrierially improved upon in the last 30 years despite huge increases in available computer power - notable exception being chess and those sort of strategy games.

While google does indeed score a direct hit with the phonograph question - a lot of the time you have to sift trhough a lot of rubbish to find the answer you are looking for.

For those sort of academic questions - you're probly better off with wikipedia than google
Faraz
O_o Awesome!!! That's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.
Rosabelle
Ooh... That's interesting. It wasn't on-the-dot right, but wow... Our future sure has gotten close to that. xD I mean, using Google and other search engines do the same thing, just not as THERE, if you know what I mean.
Fatality
That is indeed very interesting. Thanks for sharing. It sure is funny how much many of us take Google for granted and how much it has developed and revolved over the years. I use it for almost everything on a daily basis.
SpellcasterDX
Very interesting indeed. Nice find. Thanks for sharing that. Who knew our predictions could come true, even more, they're spot on. Wow. So let's predict the flying cars and holograms now, so that in 40 years they'll exist. lol Razz
PatTheGreat42
Maybe it's a case of "you guess enough things and something will be true?"
Agent ME
That's amazing - that idea (thinking from the perspective of back then) seems outlandish compared to many other predictions about today, but its one of the few that were spot on. Sure google isn't so much an intelligent 'answer machine' but a search engine that leads you to the answer.
airh3ad
what if or Who knew our predictions could come true?
mtorregiani
Great stuff. I love the book scan... and the final part... when it says that you can keep the machine on with a picture in the background for decoration purposes Laughing Laughing Laughing
carlospro7
It's cool when predictions like that become reality. Google really is an answering machine. I get a lot of help for my homework from Google.
pll
LostOverThere wrote:

Also, that answer machine looks like an LCD TV hung from a wall. Who knew it would predict that too. Razz

Yeah, the printer seems to be integrated in the TV Did you notice ?
AdamBeck
This just makes me excited for the future! I'm love Google and I really don't know what I'd be without it. It still amazes me because I feel Google IS the Internet. Almost every of my Internet sessions starts with heading to Google. Wouldn't be here without it Very Happy
shkumbin
WOW!!! That article was amazing, I mean the answer machine is really cool Smile
snowynight
How interesting!
By the way, I think google is the best search engine.
But as for films, I prefer isohunt..... Very Happy
standready
pll wrote:
Haha that's nice.
I mean nobody could imagine something like that in 1964. Laughing

The first electronic computer was in 1942 and by '64 they were commuciating with each other so why not?
apple
haha

this is interesting...the 'answer machine' Laughing Laughing
slashnburn99
Is it me or does she also have a

Wall mounted Plasma flat screen 42" Sony TV aswell

Imagine going around that house now 2009, what they got now
CosmicDisturbance
Lol I don't think anything like that could of even been predicted in 1964. It's strange how we advance so quickly.
tchaunt
That's pretty cool. If it's not legit, which I think it is because of the corny/ugly graphics, then it's a hell of a good job on it. That's just amazing how stuff like this comes up.
bigsarg7
Interesting read, thanks for sharing it. I wish I was older and had invested in the internet when it was up and coming. My great uncle lives in Tulsa and his friend worked in advertising and was employed by Bill Gates when he was starting up. Now he is a multi millionare!
jsarnold
Interesting post.

The great thing with long term predictions is that, one day, almost any bizarre but useful solution will be created in one form or another.

And if it isn't, well you'll be long dead anyway and no one will care.
hypnotize191
Lol, thats kinda cool. I never knew that. Kinda scary if you really think about it.
tchaunt
bigsarg7 wrote:
Interesting read, thanks for sharing it. I wish I was older and had invested in the internet when it was up and coming. My great uncle lives in Tulsa and his friend worked in advertising and was employed by Bill Gates when he was starting up. Now he is a multi millionare!

The friend is a multi-millionaire? Dang. I wish I could get money like that some day!
pho3nixsky
That's interesting. Nice share mate Wink I never really thought about it.
ft09
WOW. as someone said, many of what is created these days are just very clever innovations on previous ideas or previous technologies. (vinyl to tape to CD to MP3). This however is extremely visionary as it is something that we all use... and for thsoe very reasons.