FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Australia

deanhills
Anyone seen Australia yet? Have heard rave reviews about the movie.
dickyzin
Haven't seen it yet but apparently it's awesome. Some say it's equivalent to Titanic!
vanbakl
you also see it the same movie Titanic, but also to the poor Very Happy
deanhills
I finally got to see Australia and am not sure what to say. Perhaps because I expected something totally different. I thought it was going to be an epic covering the whole history of Australia, instead it was only the period immediately before and including a couple of years of WW2. It was a nice human story and Nicole did well. Interesting story. Not a DVD that I will buy for keeping however. One viewing is enough.
socceraggie
I was surprisingly disappointed in the movie Australia. I'm not sure if I was just expecting something different or if I just don't like Nicole Kidman. I thought the entire movie was boring and predictable. The only scene that had me on edge was when the little kid was almost run off the cliff.

I would say it wasn't even worth watching unless you are in love with the actors in the movie!
Veteran
OVER THE RAINBOW.... I LOVE THIS MOVIE. AMAZING.
deanhills
socceraggie wrote:
I was surprisingly disappointed in the movie Australia. I'm not sure if I was just expecting something different or if I just don't like Nicole Kidman. I thought the entire movie was boring and predictable. The only scene that had me on edge was when the little kid was almost run off the cliff.

I would say it wasn't even worth watching unless you are in love with the actors in the movie!
I don't like Nicole Kidman either. Don't know why. I was also disappointed maybe for the same reasons. Smile
dickyzin
I've seen this movie and it is not that a great movie as they talked up to be. It is entertaining but it didn't hit the mark for me.
rogue_skydragon
I loved this movie. It's a little long, but the cinematography is just gorgeous.
socceraggie
rogue_skydragon wrote:
I loved this movie. It's a little long, but the cinematography is just gorgeous.

Everyone was raving about the scenery in this movie but I was actually disappointed. Specifically, I didn't find the cinematography all that special or challenging as it was just a bunch of scenery. The art of lighting and camera choices didn't seem to be that important with this film.
Rajiev
I've havnet been to Australia. SO I cant say I watched Australia Sad

Just Kidding,
Watched the movie. Great movie. Liked seen Logan On a horse (and on a Women :p )

I cant see why people dont like this movie. Perhaps they are from Australia and do not like how the movie interprets the "whites" handled the Native people. But thats the bitter truth ha. All around the world< new Invasive Races invade land and chase away Natives. It has happened since the man kind were Apes . Sad