FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Has anyone used OSCommerence

ImpacTV
I am wonder if any one have used oscommerence and as tip on getting the pages to rank well. I have looked a few of the Mods on there site but who like to talk to some one with some first hand experience.

deL
newaira
Well I guess I'm not the guy for that 'cause I have no experience with it. However, just today I came across this site which you may find useful.

http://www.opensourcecms.com/

A guy there said this:
Quote:
You can spend days or maybe weeks killing your self with OSCommerce or sell stuff with Zen. Don't be fooled by the larger number of forums and other OSC stuff. It has it because you need an army to get it running and support it. Only to find out after you have gone blind that it is only about half as good as Zencart. Remember I warned you. Sorta of like the Mac guys always saying Mac is better. Sure if you live in a cacoon.

So I guess there is something better than OSCommerce.
srijit
you can also take a look at www.cmsmatrix.org Wink
statusfashions
I am using zencart . i tried oscommerce previously but due to its complexity i had to leave it within a week. i am comfortable with zencart now. its amazing.
its easy to use. go for zen cart.
if u are looking for lot of support try virtuemart by joomla ( mambo family) the only thing that kept me away from it is that i am not comfortable with the template of ts. if you know php and stuff and create your own template then i would say go for virtuemart. but if you are amatuer designer like me stick to zencart.