FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ECS GeForce6100PM-M2 Motherboard

KHO
I received my ECS GeForce6100PM-M2 Motherboard yesterday and set everything up today (brand new computer build) When I tried turning it on, I didn't recieve video through my GeForce 7300GT, so I figured that was DOA, so I unplugged it and tried plugging the monitor cable into the onboard video.... Nothing. I looked in google and found that some others had received this error too, though no solution. Anyone have some ideas? I get absolutely nothing from the motherboard, no beeps, no errors, I can't access the BIOS because I can't see it, nothing.... I would love to avoid sending this back as DOA, that will make it a good month or so before I get this machine working =[

any ideas?
Donutey
Do the lights/fans on the motherboard come on (like the ethernet port etc?). Try turning it on with the minimum required hardware attached (video, cpu, ram) or even with the video card not connected, because it should at least give some beeps then.

A motherboard usually will be silent if the CPU is not correctly installed, although it might just be DOA unfortunately.