FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Comic Heroes

deswyt
Do you like film that create from comic heroes story ?
memsa
It is certainly a fashion these days:
Superman. Spiderman. ,BatmanThe Hulk. Fantastic Four, and the eccentric or even underground and other ...not to mention the spoofs like the Incredibles and Sky High.

I have like some and not liked others. "The Hulk" was particularly disappointing.
alonamid
i think the films ruin the comic heros. for example look at the hulk, or the fantastic 4. two great comics that were made into lousy movies. they also break the illusion of the comic heros by making them too real.
gh0stface
The Hulk was a so-so comic book based movie. I thought the Fantastic Four wasn't that bad. Mildly cheesey but still pretty entertaining. All the core characteristics were developed pretty decently and hit pretty close to home; Johnny the hothead playboy prankster, Ben the sad/angry monster with a heart of gold, Reed the "works too hard/need to fix everything" genious and Sue, the glue that brings/holds this family together.
Bickering_Blonde
Yeah they're alright.
necron-lord
You're right
Also the animes are so bad designed Crying or Very sad
SilverDogg
those i have seen have been dissapointing ;/. so i cant say i approve of it, but the movieindustry do as they want!
52tease
I don't know if the characters are well fleshed-out in the movies. These are characters, many of them, based on several decades of character development in the hands of many different writers who have all tried to put their stamp on someon else's product.

Sure, it's easy to represent the fantastic four as their archetypes, but that doesn't make good filmaking. The best films are those that are nuanced, where you aren't positive whether or not you want to strangle a character you might grow to love throughout the film.

By definition, film adaptations of long-standing, super-hero comic books are never going to translate well, as the fan base will never be fully satisfied.

Want to see a good comic book adaptation? Rent Ghostworld, based on regular people, and enjoy the nuance that one can include in a film based on a comic book (it helps that the comic in question wasn't a series, just a one-off).
dragonflame
You guys forgot to mention constantine, swamp thing, punisher, xmen, league of extraordinary gentlement, sin city, hellboy...etc.

spiderman was really good. Superman and Batman begins are obvious successes. I think the more the movie sticks to the comics, the happier I am.
Twikki
spiderman was a great film but fantastic 4 was too scientific and batman was a bit lousy