FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Canada is white

kody
For the first time in 40 years, ALL of Canada will have a white Christmas this year. This is only the 3rd time since weather records began that this has happened.

So what are you waiting for????? Go build a snowman!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile
Afaceinthematrix
Ahhh... I hate the snow. I've always hated it! It's so wet and squishy and soft. It makes driving harder and more difficult. It closes roads. But then again... we really need to get snow because that's where a lot of water supply comes from... So I'm thankful for the snow (even though I hate being in it... but that's okay, it doesn't snow often where I live - although it snow nears where I live).
kody
Snow rules...

supposed to get another 30 cm tonight... ye gods!
malcolmpreen
That's great news.... we are off skiing in a couple of weeks... wish we had more snow here... but then again, having seen the Brits drive in snow perhaps we are better off with rain !!

Malcolm
Nick2008
I like the snow, since I rarely get any around here. A heavy snow storm every year or two makes me happy. Very Happy

But the last time we got a lot of snow here was in 2002.
kody
Was sledding this afternoon after gifts and lunch! Wicked Christmas!
adri
I love snow but I rarely go and play in the snow (sledge or just throwing snowballs at (inocent) people Razz ) due to the syndrome of Raynaud (don't know if it's the correct translation...) which give me "dead" fingers....

Greetz

Adri Very Happy
kody
adri wrote:
I love snow but I rarely go and play in the snow (sledge or just throwing snowballs at (inocent) people Razz ) due to the syndrome of Raynaud (don't know if it's the correct translation...) which give me "dead" fingers....

Greetz

Adri Very Happy

The snow gives you dead fingers?
deanhills
Snow in Vancouver, BC is fun stuff, as it does not snow there that often. I've heard from friends that they had a snow storm even worse than the one in 1996, when we had to virtually dig out the streets. Our fellow Canadians from other Provinces laugh at out attempts to deal with the Airport constraints and de-icing planes etc. Vancouver is certainly not used to snow. Xmas snow is exciting however, but within days everything is turned into mush and messy, so have to be very careful how you walk. Fortunately our Municipality is quite quick to salt all the areas most frequently used, so it's business as usual pretty soon. But exciting though and nice to have a White Xmas for the folks back home. Smile
kody
Are you from Vancity? Me too.

North Vancouver is still pretty buried in snow. Side streets are quite slushy, and parking is practically impossible on the sides of the streets. Oh well, it's excellent weather for staying inside and watching tons of hockey! Smile NHL, Spengler Cup, World Junior Championships... Awesome...
coolclay
Thats awesome congrats all you Canucks! It's been quite a winter pretty much everywhere in North America. I love it!
Tom112
I like the snow wery much, but...

Right here in the central parts of sweden we don΄t have so much

snow that we used to have. All snow seamed to have droped down in central Europe Sad

Why is it like that? Its the global warming yeah right. So what can we do about it? I want that snow

right now....
kody
Global warming could make Sweden extremely cold in the near future if these steps happened...

a. Polar ice caps melt (happening right now)
b. Salt concentration in the northern sea drops and disrupts the gulf stream patterns (where warm water comes up the atlantic near the surface of the ocean, then drops and returns the cycle when it cools down).

IF the gulf stream "shuts down", then basically all of nothern Europe will lose its winter heater...
tony
kody wrote:
For the first time in 40 years, ALL of Canada will have a white Christmas this year. This is only the 3rd time since weather records began that this has happened.

Awesome! I didn't know. Where I am though, it is normal Razz Razz
kody
tony wrote:
kody wrote:

Awesome! I didn't know. Where I am though, it is normal Razz Razz

Is it still white there now?
tony
I'm surprised at how many there are who replied this post with unhappiness about the snow! I love the snow Razz and I live with it all the time :O :O

Don't you like to ski and sled???
kody
tony wrote:
I'm surprised at how many there are who replied this post with unhappiness about the snow! I love the snow Razz and I live with it all the time :O :O

Don't you like to ski and sled???

And snowboard!

Snow does indeed rule...
matam
Snow is a part of life. It is beautiful!
ciureanuc
I didn't see much snow in my country during the last years.
20 years ago, when I was kid, it was PLENTY of snow couple months of year. Now, couple of weeks or couple of days a year. I feel terrible.

40 years ago, my mother said that the snow was so big that buried the houses!

Global warming indeed works. And I don't like it.
kody
ciureanuc wrote:
I didn't see much snow in my country during the last years.
20 years ago, when I was kid, it was PLENTY of snow couple months of year. Now, couple of weeks or couple of days a year. I feel terrible.

40 years ago, my mother said that the snow was so big that buried the houses!

Global warming indeed works. And I don't like it.

You'll like it even less if predictions become true. They say that the melting ice caps will change the salinity of the ocean in the immediate area, and completely disrupt the Gulf Stream - the source of heat that keeps northern Europe from freezing over. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_Stream

So, enjoy the heat while you have it. In another 40 years, you may be covered in snow 1/2 the year! Better keep that snow shovel handy...
mattyman
ITS GREEN Very Happy ahaha jks