FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can computers read your mind ? Is technology that advanced ?

rexrae
This link takes u to a site where the server, i think is a MagicMan.

Just follow the instructions carefully to get to feel the supernatural. Shocked

http://www.petrix.com/magic/index.html

Anyone knows what is happening? - i don't know.
php_wizard_l33t
OMG everytime I tried this thing it proved me! It always got the right card, even when I didnt whisper the name of it! This is some freaky $***!
nik
yes it's nice but it's old one look carefully all of the cards got changed
tidruG
That's a very very old trick
Like nik said, look carefully and you'll notice that all the cards have been cleverly exchanged. Very Happy
Dimaod
Cool Cool Cool
Guys its old trick
First set of card

Second

At all other cards Wink
rexrae
nik you are an eye opener.

anyway my brain was spoiled, surfing 48hours continuously.

Thanks alot.Now i will sleep.
snowboardalliance
nik wrote:
yes it's nice but it's old one look carefully all of the cards got changed

wow that really amazed me at first.

It's a simple trick really, all of the replaced cards are so similar, you don't notice since you concentrate on your card
lockwolf
I hate card tricks!
Bashur
lockwolf wrote:
I hate card tricks!

We shal have nightmares for many years to come!
Che
Man! I thought this was going to be a tremendously interesting topic til I saw it was refering to a card trick.. Rolling Eyes
wistom
why, what happened, the card which i have selected gone. does it real have the computers can read my mind ? anyone can tell it what happened.
Monkeydog
I was so confused for a minute.
I was sort of afraid that the computer was reading my mind...or someone was watching me 0.o
Sunny
Computers can't yet. But one person who can do that is David Blaine. I saw one of his episode street magic. This guy is totally amazing. Apart from several cards trick the literally lifted himself off the ground.
rexrae
Hey sunny

DavidBlaine is not the only one.

Have u seen MondoMagic,used to air on AXN in Asia.

Two magic guys Tall and short.Though their tricks are not always captivating
i have seen a few like
1.melting a spoon held between the fingers to break them into two.

2.same card trick:So many cards are spread at the base of a cubical flat vessel which also is filled with water and a gold fish is swimming in it.here a bystander strongly concentrates on a card,and he is standing nowhere near the vessel..Now the magicman rings a bell,then the gold fish swims to a position so that right underneath the fish is that same card the bystander was thinking abt.It does this over and over again,with the magicman ringing the bell.

and so many others.

But DavidBaline still rocks.He only made 3 1-hour long specials and he has included everything that one can Never think of.

One day i too will have such POWERS.If one human can do it,any human can do it.
bigdan
I hope computers can never read my mind...I think they'd be shocked at the mind I've got! Shocked Laughing Very Happy
xorcist
After doing that and then reading what yall wrote I feel so dumb.
mOrpheuS
php_wizard_l33t wrote:
even when I didnt whisper the name of it!

Are you serious ???

You actually whispered the first time ? Shocked
xorcist
mOrpheuS wrote:
php_wizard_l33t wrote:

Are you serious ???

You actually whispered the first time ? Shocked

lol I never thought anyone even whispered .
Thumpercats
I heard from the discovery channel, that there is a man that is paralized. They made a computer that they essentially plug into his head and he can play pong on it! Just insane that they can read human impulses to let people control the motions of computer!
ptfrances
I don't think computer can read minds for the moment but maybe one day they could.
It's just a question of time in my opinion
Wink
rehana
i dont think that it is Possible for Computer
carlospro7
Apparently, computers CAN read your mind.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-95047.html
standready
Time warp back to the year 2005. Idea
Computers still can not read your mind although some can anticipate through software "intelligence" (LOL).
Afaceinthematrix
This trick fooled me for about 30 seconds when I first saw it ten years ago (when I was 8; now I'm 18). My dad showed it to me and about 30 seconds later it clicked to me: all the cards are changed. I wasn't too impressed after that.
rufa
Hehe, yeah, it's a nice trick. Really screws with your mind if you aren't that attentive. I already knew what was coming though so wasn't surprised ^_^. If the person just remembers one more card from the first set then it is doomed to fail Razz.
FriBogdan
I saw something similar some time ago. The "magic" is not so interesting, but the idea behind it is, the algorithm applied to get the same result no matter what card/image/etc you choose Razz. So... computers can't read peoples minds, but people can Very Happy
ocalhoun
FriBogdan wrote:
the algorithm applied to get the same result no matter what card/image/etc you choose

The 'forced choice' has been a standby of magicians for a very long time.
James_Hicks
I caught onto this the first time I saw it a few years ago. I noticed the cubes weren't with the same number and thought "SCAM". But it is fun to show it to the lesser thinkers. Freaks them out and boost sales and labour on the construction of foil hats. Just send me your dome measurements and the type of origami animal you wish to have on top of your custom foil hat. This should be your power animal to insure the computer can't get in-tuned to your natural instincts.
IceCreamTruck
James_Hicks wrote:
...Freaks them out and boost sales and labor on the construction of foil hats. Just send me your dome measurements and the type of origami animal you wish to have on top of your custom foil hat. This should be your power animal to insure the computer can't get in-tuned to your natural instincts.

It's a wide open market, how could you fail? Could I interest you in my foil hat assembly line designs?!?!? Smile

That's too funny! Email the admin of the card trick page, please, and ask him to add a little bit at the end of the card trick about making sure to get a foil hat as soon as you can…you can order online, of course. Preferably with power animal on top! LmFaO!!

mOrpheuS wrote:

php_wizard_l33t wrote:

Are you serious ???

Seriously... mOrpheuS!! ok, I had to go to the site and see what it said here to make php_wizard think he actually had to whisper...here's what the card trick page says

Quote:

"And now, whisper the name of your card. Please don't skip this part, it is very important."

So, there you have it, mOrpheuS! It's very IMPORTANT that you whisper the name of the card!!

php_wizard_l33t, stop!! lol...you are going to hurt yourself! I laughed so hard when I read this mini conversation.

You guys really need to learn that if it seems too good to be true, then it almost always is too good to be true. Question everything!!
deanhills
Maybe this is then not really about "Can computers read your mind"? But a card trick. I still think that with the rate at which computer technology is improving that one day it could be possible for a computer to read your mind. Computer geeks are becoming more brilliant by the day with their codes. Just imagine a superbot one day that can access all your information that is on the Internet in one go, and I am sure the more active you have been especially like in this forum, perhaps the easier it will be to read your mind? Perhaps the Superbot can assemble the information along "fingerprint" (computerprint) lines?
theHKN
This reminds me of an episode of South Park.
[FuN]goku
Why yes computers can read your mind.

http://emotiv.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotiv

Hehe, my IT teacher showed me this before the year was over. I've gotta get myself one. Would be really trippy.
pmehta51
I don’t think it can read your mind. Or it will ever be able to read your mind. Actually this is a topic of philosophy. Are we all sure that we know that what is going on inside my mind. I mean we our self know our self really well. We don’t know what we want. Who can know our self batter than we, except God. So we sometime don’t know what we are thinking. Don’t we say “I don’t know what I was thinking?” If we are not sure what is going on inside our mind, how can computer can know. So that is never, ever happening. And they are machine. Whatever they can do today is because of human. We give them power. But we forget that. We become so lazy that start to depend on them for everything. But whatever computers can do today is because of human. But human themselves don’t know how to read mind than how can he teach that to computer. So no that is not going to happen.
[FuN]goku
pmehta51 wrote:
Don’t we say “I don’t know what I was thinking?” If we are not sure what is going on inside our mind, how can computer can know. So that is never, ever happening. And they are machine. Whatever they can do today is because of human. We give them power. But we forget that. We become so lazy that start to depend on them for everything. But whatever computers can do today is because of human. But human themselves don’t know how to read mind than how can he teach that to computer. So no that is not going to happen.
Uhm, brainwave patterns Smile
jsarnold
Yes, computers can read your mind. It's not fiction, but scientific fact.

Here's one story, for example:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4396387.stm

And that's only one of many. Numerous trials are being run at the moment to enable paralysed people to control a mouse moving on the screen, click, and even type letters and numbers.

We're only a few years from being able to adequately use a computer to a decent standard.

Of course, the implications of this science are enormous. Imagine all of us being able to have a chip implanted in our heads that allows us to interface with a computer. Gamers will abandon their mice and keyboards for mind control - much faster, naturally!

This conjures images of gamers sat, apparently motionless, staring at a screen.

But what of the reverse? If the computers can read our minds, will advertisers start to use this technology and mental interfacing to send adverts straight into our heads?

"We interrupt your thoughts to send you these brief messages from our sponsors..."
[FuN]goku
jsarnold wrote:

But what of the reverse? If the computers can read our minds, will advertisers start to use this technology and mental interfacing to send adverts straight into our heads?

"We interrupt your thoughts to send you these brief messages from our sponsors..."

Man that would suck, i'd be like... screw this i'm not using it rofl. As for the gaming part, i think i'd keep my keyboard and mouse Wink
jsarnold
Of course, if computers were able to read your mind, it would make lie detectors and courts very much simpler.

Mind you - let's all hope that Microsoft don't get the contract for brain chips.. can you imagine...

"Your brain has performed an illegal operation and will now shutdown. Please make sure you have saved any memories."

"Unable to save memory - insufficient brain space"

Then of course there's the irritating forced wake up at 3am whilst your brain downloads critical updates.

And what about hacking? A whole new perspective on going to your doctor with a virus.