FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ANDYS ART

how do you like it?
Great!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Niiicee
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
ok
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
eehh
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
not at all
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

andysart380
Hi, My name is Andrew Vatcher. I am a young aspiring photographer and web designer.

Please check out my site, at least whats done so far just one page, and tell me what you think of it so far.

http://www.andysart.frih.org/

thanks
Andy
Ghost Rider103
It's not too bad. Brown isn't really my color, and you have used quite a bit of it, probably more than you should have.

Anyways, I think if you made the most outer background box rounded, you would have a much more appealing web design going on for you, and it would look a little more web 2.0ish. That would be the only thing I would round off, this website is too small to do it to anything else, otherwise it would probably be overdone. Except what you have rounded already would be fine I think, but leave the menu.

I think you should lower the opacity of the shadows a little bit, your making the content boxes pop out a little too much.

I am not really liking the text/image on the bottom right. It just makes it look unprofessional. My opinion on that would be to ditch the image, use a smaller regular font, and center it.

Just my opinions though, and just trying to help you out.

Hope some of this helps.
andysart380
i had that origonally...the text in the center....and i also had the shadow oppacity down...ill change it back thanks.
GB
I like it so far, but none of the links work for me. And why do you have a forum? I thought this was a portfolio site. Are people going to discuss your photography? I might try first building a solid content system and then worry about the forum.
JessieF
GB wrote:
I like it so far, but none of the links work for me. And why do you have a forum? I thought this was a portfolio site. Are people going to discuss your photography? I might try first building a solid content system and then worry about the forum.

I agree. If people were to request your services they can simply contact you.

The links don't work for me either. I suggest getting all your work up, fixing your links, and making some kind of form for people to contact you. It can be in pop-up form after they click "Contact Me".
andysart380
like i said its a work in progress...i've already changed it a lot from that...it'll be up fully functional in a week or so.
jylan
Just from looking at the overall I think there are too many borders everywhere, around the main content container, surrounding the nav menu, the updates text and shot of the week. I think everything is too closed in. Also I don't like all the dark browns and the big black background.

If I was you I'd probably lighten the whole design with some different colours, throw a whole lot more white in, and also remove a lot of the borders.

Hope that helps Smile.
andysart380
threw some more color in for ya but my borders stay..i just lightened the shadows
tass_
I'm not sure I'm too fond of the huge black border above the website content.. it looks awful on screens that are using 1024x768 resolution. Creating a very much unnecessary vertical scroll-bar. And why the caption "sitework2"? Change it to something more proper. : ) The menu, I'm quite fond of, it certainly works, well, it doesn't link to anything right now, but still.

Just try find a computer with a screen resolution of 1024x768, and try to make the content box stay in the center of the website. You do know how to make objects centered in CSS, right? That way it will look good in most resolutions. : )
DeviousMUD
For the most part it looks very clean and organized, a good base for your site! Just add a bit more content and it will look like a angel made it!