FRIHOST ē FORUMS ē SEARCH ē FAQ ē TOS ē BLOGS ē COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

do you feel the job is hard to get

yuxuan
my roommate is going to graduate,he is trying to get a job all days,has to attend all kinds of job fair,but the result is disappointed,he still cann't find a suitable job.
deanhills
It is probably hardest on graduates to find work as usually there is a requirement for a certain amount of work experience, which obviously they cannot offer. A good idea would be to do voluntary work somewhere as that could give you some experience, as well as indicate you are willing to go the extra mile. I have heard of cases too, that the person looking for a job offer his services for free for a month on a probation basis with no obligation for the company to appoint him at the end of the month period. But if the company is happy with his services, they could offer him a position afterwards, but are not committed to do this. It has worked well in many cases I have heard about.
yuxuan
it's a good idea Very Happy b
jwellsy
The military would probably take him as an officer.
jabce85
ha.. this is my exact situation currently.. with the economy the way it is, no one is hiring entry level engineers.. anyway, i have had offers for volunteer work in order to get some experience..... so things are not completely lost! hah
Faraz
I think it depends on the type of job you want to get. If you are into software development, and have done projects working as a free lancer in your free time, then you will easily get the job, since you'll have the experience of working on real projects.
wab11287
You know what gets to me about trying to find a decent job right out of College is the fact that a large amount of companies require experience in the field you are applying for. For me I graduated in 2006 with a associates degree in Culinary Arts and before I was finished with school I started to search for a job to work. I wanted something a little nicer then the every day place to go and eat. I wanted to be able to show off some of my abilities that I have learned in the two years I went to college. A lot of the restaurants that I applied for all stating that they required X amount of years of experience in that certain job field to be able to get hired. Now when I see that I think to my self, how do they think someone is going to get the experience if no one will hire them and let them get it in the first place?

In my eyes I feel that makes finding a decent job out of college a struggle. Another obstacle to have to get around just to finally make that job that you have been wanting to get all your life in reach of being possible.
nigam
for my part, it was a very difficult to get a job when you're in 30's already...most of the companies will prefer in the 20's and single...i think it is not fair on us...
Cddhesh
These days it is very difficult to get job for a fresher but still tell him to think of some innovative idea in his field. Tell him to try out something which has never been done before.Other wise he will be same as of other guys who are with him.If it is affordable for him to go for further education let him do.
shkumbin
As a fresh graduate is very hard to get a good job, because all the companies want experience in the field if they want to hire you, it sucks im going through the same phase now cant find a job..... yet Smile
imera
The problem with most freshly graduated students is that they want to have a great job at once that pays well and is something to be proud of.

Try to think how the companies think, they canít hire fresh people because they donít want to spend a lot of time showing them how things are done and so, they want someone that can almost jump into it without having to spend a lot of their time and money.

I was lucky I got my apprenticeship, because I didnít even care about working, I also live on a small place so it wasnít such a problem. I think they love to have me here because I volunteered to start early, do a lot of things that they ask me for and try my best at helping them at things I might now that they donít. I would love to try out as a PA (personal assistant) in the future, but until then Iíll probably try different things in different companies, only because itís better for me to have experienced different things, I know that.

I donít say you are whining, but try to think a little and take different jobs until you find the perfect one, be happy if your job donít contain washing toilets or old people. I would do it if I was in need but as long as I manage to have other jobs I'll avoid it.
nivinjoy
As a fresher it is a hard thing to get a job... I know it better because i am going through that phase in my life now... I am gonna complete my degree in this March and i am struggling to get a job.. As the world is going through a global economic crisis<it is still more difficult to get a job... The companies have reduced their intake and they are giving lay off to those who exists...!!

So it is a tedious task to get a good job with good salary and incentives even if you are highly talented or not... Moreover luck matters...!!!
nigam
yes....it is really hard to get a job at first starter but when you have lots of experiences, got a nice background of those companies, and by the time you want another job, new companies will hired you easily...

but as of this moment, it is truely hard due to recession...
Parkour_Jarrod
Its hard ive been hunting for my first afterschool job for almost 6 months now and no- one will hire me Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
nivinjoy
I think the situation would get more worser as many companies are now sending out many of their existing staffs and have stopped fresh recruitments...!! The economic crisis is turning out more and more critical...!!! Don't know where it will lead us to...?? Question Question
Triple_7
Its no longer hard...its almost impossible Rolling Eyes

My job is on its way to the chopping block soon and I've been looking for something else before that time comes. The past 3 nights I've spent scouring the internet, papers, employment agencies, etc...literally thousands of ads all over the country, probably made over 100 calls as well...I have no problem relocating if needed and would actually prefer too. But there's nothing anywhere. Its always something that knocks me out with every one. Every place wants 1-5 years experience in something, but its hard to get that experience if no one will give you a chance Mad Mostly what I'm used to and would prefer to get into is farm/ranch work, but every ad there is a list of requirements, most of which I meet. But the ones I've called its always that 1 thing out of 20 that I don't have the experience in...therefor they wont even consider me. Mad

Getting really sick of this job market, the jobs I've had in the past I got simply by walking in the door, they didn't care about experience. Now there's nothing in a 1000 miles of here. Tired of barely getting by...every time I get a little ahead something else comes up and takes me farther into debt. Its pathetic, and there's no sign that things are going to get better anytime in the near future. You know its bad when the un-employment offices here had to hire extra people just to keep up with demand Crying or Very sad
amfriendsforever153
yes its hard to find a job becouse some of my friends who r graduates and well qualified they are searching a job & not getting there job, due to population of our country.
soljarag
I'm in the EXACT situation..... I graduated a few months ago, and I see no jobs................
Magicman
I can't say for certain since I have a few years left until I graduate, but as I see it, the best way to ensure a job when you get out of school is to get an internship at a company while you are still in school. Some companies basically treat their interns really well because they want them to come work full time after they graduate. If you don't end up working there its also just a great way to get experience. Unfortunately, this advice doesn't help those that have already graduated and can't find a job. I really hope the economy gets better before I graduate, so I won't have as tough a time finding a job.
deanhills
Magicman wrote:
I can't say for certain since I have a few years left until I graduate, but as I see it, the best way to ensure a job when you get out of school is to get an internship at a company while you are still in school. Some companies basically treat their interns really well because they want them to come work full time after they graduate.
This is so true. The German technical schools are very much focussed on internships as well. They do things the other way round, i.e. plan the technicians they need in any given sectors, and then get their interns on that basis from the schools.
shilixiang
it is not easy to find a good job, but it is still not that difficult to find a job. for young graduated students, it is more important to start your working. after some time, if you have some working experience, it should be easy to find a better job. everything will be fine!
taksan
I think it depends on your profession.

For example, those from medicine and engineering usually get jobs easily around here. But if you major in chemistry or physics, you'll only be able to get jobs in an university. And, as you know, the amount of teachers in limited in the university...

As for me, I'm a computer scientist, so it is usually pretty easy to find jobs. Even now, I'm leaving my company for a new position in another company..
forkei
taksan wrote:
I think it depends on your profession.

For example, those from medicine and engineering usually get jobs easily around here. But if you major in chemistry or physics, you'll only be able to get jobs in an university. And, as you know, the amount of teachers in limited in the university...

As for me, I'm a computer scientist, so it is usually pretty easy to find jobs. Even now, I'm leaving my company for a new position in another company..

i agree with you ,so you must have lots of ability