FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Timeout when submitting to forum discussions

shenyl
I am recently getting timeout when I submit to the forum.

It will show Post, but with a blank screen.

I open another window to check my posting, and it is not there.

But I am still recognized as a login user, so I return to my other window, click the back icon, to return to my input screen for the forum and click submit again. Then I managed to lock in the new item into forum.

Is this normal?

Thanks. Sad
deanhills
I've been through lots of this, and do not want to say it loud, but for the last week it has been improving. I doubt it is anything special I am doing that I have not done before. All I can do though is to give tips on how to deal with the posts when you are being timed out. I used to copy the posts I write, so that when it timed out, I could easily log in again and paste the posting.

Two days ago I had something that happens every few days. My posting duplicates itself, however when it duplicates, it does not add an extra number posting. I.e. you get one additional posting, however when you delete the duplicated posting, it subtracts one, so that in effect you have done a posting that you did not get credit for in points or number of postings. So probably when that happens, one should not delete the duplicated posting if you do not want to loose the credit for it. I delete it anyway as duplicated postings don't look great. Also, sometimes it will come up with critical error screens, and my posting would crash in front of me, however, when I log in again, the posting would be there, however uncredited. The points will be the same as without the posting. This does not happen often, but sporadically.

But there has been an improvement in that I am at least staying logged in for longer periods of time. Hopefully it will keep on improving. The situation has been both with my dial-up at home, system at work, and Internet Cafe's, so think it is not only my system, but has to have something to do with settings both at Frihost and my Internet provider. Maybe firewalls? I am hoping that someone will come up with a very simple solution to solve the problem one of these days.
sana618
i too have been having this problem about the time out and also post duplicating itself, and as deanhills said it does not look nice.
so here's what i've been doing to stop the post from duplicating...... when i get the time out page.... i clik the back button and wait for a minute and then clik on the submit button. the post goes as it should.
this works for me and i hope it works for others too.
deanhills
sana618 wrote:
i too have been having this problem about the time out and also post duplicating itself, and as deanhills said it does not look nice.
so here's what i've been doing to stop the post from duplicating...... when i get the time out page.... i clik the back button and wait for a minute and then clik on the submit button. the post goes as it should.
this works for me and i hope it works for others too.

Thanks for the advice Sana. Will certainly try it when it happens again.
shenyl
I guess it is normal, from the many who faces the same issue.

Yes, I once resort to copy on a text file, for every post, just in case I have to repost.

Now, I use the navigation back button, and the multi-tab function of Firefox.

I have not encountered duplicate post, but since this is possible, I will take a closer look next time.

Thanks for sharing your solutions.

With regards.