FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

plz help

Blazethehaze
im not very computer literate but i do no i have a problem
im trying to run a game and its literally unplayable extreme lag, delay .. everything even hurts my eyes trying to play it
wut im trying to figure out is if i get a new graphic card will this fix the problem because i installed it and got in game and saw how bad the lag was went to options , graphics and overall graphics was set to high so i clicked a detect hardware settings to have it choose my graphic setting based on my hardware and it set everything to very low and i did actually see a difference in the lag but it was still unplayable
if someone would tell me wut is actually causin this problem itd be much appreciated
btw i dont no wut any of this stuff means so ^^ help is needed

the recommended specs for the game:
intel pentium 4 2.8 ghz or equivalent, 1gb memory, disk space 12gb, video card 128 mb nvidia, geforce, fx6800 or ati, radeon, x850 directx, 9.0c

bare with me but i think this is my system:
dell dimension dim3000 intel(r) pentium 4 cpu 2.80ghz 2.79 ghz, 512mb of ram
modem: d850 56k v.9x dfvc modem, i think this is my graphic card: intel 82865g graphics controller, i do have windows xp, and i already have the game installed with my leftover space at: 26.6gb

like i said i dont no wut im talkin about but i think thats everything n any help or insight on my problem will be much appreciated
Helios
You probably need more RAM, but your top priority is the graphics card, which you don't even have at the moment!
Blazethehaze
so should i just get one that they recommended above? how much u think the price ranges for wut i need atm
ocalhoun
Blazethehaze wrote:

bare with me but i think this is my system:
dell dimension dim3000 intel(r) pentium 4 cpu 2.80ghz 2.79 ghz, 512mb of ram
modem: d850 56k v.9x dfvc modem, i think this is my graphic card: intel 82865g graphics controller, i do have windows xp, and i already have the game installed with my leftover space at: 26.6gb

You practically need a whole new system!

CPU: barely meets minimum requirements, which means it will still be slow.
Memory: You only have half as much as needed for a minimum! I would suggest 3 or 4 times as much.
Video: I can't find the specs of the one you have, but I'm guessing it sucks. You'll probably need a new one of those as well.
Modem: If this game involves online play, you won't be participating with that one. Online gaming is basically broadband-only.

You either need to fork over hundreds of dollars for upgrades, pay even more for a new gaming PC, or give up on playing that game. Your choice.
Blazethehaze
damn seriously? i dont understand, how do i need more memory if after its fully dloaded i still have memory left over

with my modem if i thought i had broadband just an older modem would that dilute my connection or would there generally be any difference then if i had a broadband modem? if there is 1
i took a speed test but that said my dload speed was 3908kbps upload speed: 1054kbps but then on the broadband test it has said 9791kbps and upload 1281kbps .. not sure what n e of that means though?( http://www.auditmypc.com/internet-speed-test.asp )

and i was planning on gettin a graphic card tomorrow still trying to figure out which kind i should get

can anyone tell me how to figure out what kind of motherboard i have i read i need to make sure the graphic card is compatable with my motherboard?

thanks
william
Dimension 3000? I think I've taken that apart before, and it doesn't have any AGP or PCI-E slots. So, the best card you can get is a Geforce 6200. A fine card, but it's not going to run that game much at all. RAM is crucial to pretty much any task. I think you may be confusing RAM with hard disk space. When you fire up the game (granted your other components are up to running the game), you'll be using over 510 MB of RAM easily. As for the modem, those speeds you mentioned are by no means something a 56k modem can do. You definitely have broadband (ie. just fine for online play).

Anyhow, my suggestion is a brand new system. You can bring some life into that computer, but not nearly enough for gaming. As a matter of fact, you could probably put together a better computer for less than any upgrades you make to your current one.
ForceRun
Yeah, there comes a point were other than not having the slots, that you cpu and memory are holding you back. It is really only fisible just to get a new computer.
rhodem24
Try upgrading your Video Card.
cyberbuddy
this is problem due to poor RAM and ithink u need to upgrade u r Video card .It also depends upon how much basic graphics is been supported by your motherboard ,i mean on board graphics !!!!.........increase atleast upto 1 gb ram for playing games but to play latest one u need graphic card ,but it depends upon the games also and also u need to install directx if it is not there in your system or else you have older version of direct x installed ....
-LuZ-
Your system rig is old. I have p4 before and hd3850 gc and when i play game, the game is still lag. Use P4 is really bad idea to play game. When I use amd athlon, its all better than P4. So change you processor, buy a new ram and buy a graphic card