FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GmailFS (shell extension) problem

coolclay
Hey guys does anyone else use Gmail FS a shell extension used to simulate a virtual drive that uploads files into your gmail account.
Mine doesn't seem to be working anymore. Whenever I try to open it it says invalid username/password. Even though it is the right username and password. Does it work for anyone else, or has google done something to stop it from working? Thanks for the help.
orno
Quote:
10 Sep. update: Download is currently unavailable. Google changed their login procedure again, and the tool is unable to log in. Please have patience while a new version is being worked on.

from http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm

Just wait for the new version I guess Smile
coolclay
Yea sounds like it unfortunately, oh well, guess I'll just have to wait. I guess Google doesn't appreciate people taking advantage of all that space.

My actual guess is that they don't really have as much space as they advertise, and if everyone maxed out there accounts then they would have tons of issues.
Dustwars9
Ya google probably doesn't want you to use there email storage for non email files. Probably in a year or so they will have some new beta thing that you will beable to upload lots with space like gmail gives you.
coolclay
That would be just plain kickass, if they did.
dick60
I downloaded the new version of the gmailtool but it didn't work either.
Wahat a pitty, it was a good tool
Neus
im surprised google doesnt offer web hosting yet... probably only a matter of time Wink lol...
progman89
I had basically the same problem; you just have to update to the latest version and everything works fine.
mostarac
Hehe I never get this thing to work Wink

Quote from their website

Quote:
10 Sep. update: Download is currently unavailable. Google changed their login procedure again, and the tool is unable to log in. Please have patience while a new version is being worked on.