FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any way to downgrade from Word 2007 to Word 2002?

PatTheGreat42
Problem: So I was futzing with the family computer when I discovered that although it had come with Microsoft Word 2002 pre-installed (or 2000 or whatever the previous version was), the system disk that had come in the box with the computer had Word 2007 on it. So I upgraded. My dad, however, prefers his old-timey programs, and would prefer if the computer had back on it instead Word 2002. So, without a disk, does anybody know a handy way to downgrade to Word 2002 from Word 2007, or at least know of some menu option so it looks earily similar?

System Data: Running Windows XP Professional Edition (Version 2002) w/ Service Pack 2

Synopsis: Computer had Word 2002. Upgraded to Word 2007. Would like to downgrade again, don't have Word 2002 disk, anybody know how?

Thank you!
brokenadvice
If you have legally purchased a copy of Word 2002, you can download a copy of the disk from an "online source." Burn it to a blank CD, and you should be in business. I do not recommend you go back, though. Like it or not, the ribbon is Microsoft's new interface; we will be seeing more and more of it in the coming years. Learn to use it and you should be golden.
ocalhoun
brokenadvice wrote:
the ribbon is Microsoft's new interface

Why let Microsoft dictate to you what kind of interface you have to use?
Download the proper version from the internet (legal because you own a license), uninstall 2007 and install 2002. (I don't think the 2002 installer will work right until 2007 is uninstalled.)

Make your computer the way you want it; don't let Microsoft boss you around.
KHO
Or download Open office, completely free forever, no ribbon, looks just like the 2003 format and you can even configure it to save as a .doc rather then the oppen office format or just save as everytime.