FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Playing with Gimp

flyfamilyguy
This is a pic of my beautiful wife. We just got our new camera from QVC, and were going crazy taking pictures! I took this shot while she was folding laundry (That's my undies she has wrapped around her mouth, LOL!). It's so wonderful that no matter what she is doing, or how she looks into a camera, she always looks like a model! I doctored the image up a bit with Gimp (highlighted her eyes, and added a glow effect). I love this Pic!

I added a canvas effect to this one.

Oil paint effect.
Kashinilaya
The first picture is great! The other two need some more work with the special effects (in the humble opinion of a non-expert). The hair seems too white, aging the model. But they are nice too.
flyfamilyguy
Kashinilaya wrote:
The first picture is great! The other two need some more work with the special effects (in the humble opinion of a non-expert). The hair seems too white, aging the model. But they are nice too.

Thank you my friend!
I DO agree that her hair in the original pic is much darker, but it was suppose to be that way. In the other two pics, it is not "white", but 'Blonde' (which is her natural color) I used different settings on my camera to achieve these affects.
flyfamilyguy
I think this one would make a nice background image huh?
TomS
Too bright, man. But still a nice image Wink
flyfamilyguy
TomS wrote:
Too bright, man. But still a nice image Wink
Yeah it would be a little too much, but I think if I were to fade the image it would work nicely.
Ghost900
Nice images, I like the first one he best, her eyes look so green. Smile

Keep playing around with Gimp, I use it and it has some nice tools. Very Happy
b4r4t
Seriously? ... for me - nothing special ... but it's maybe only me Smile It's just a filter + canvas ... 1-2min in photoshop Smile
But keep trying - it's the only way to become better and better Smile
Fatality
I haven't played with gimp that much...More of a photo shop guy myself, but looks like your just doing this as a hobby like myself. First one is great and I'll have to agree the other ones do need a little more work. Keep us posted on your works man, its always nice to see how people develop their skills.
flyfamilyguy
I agree, and Disagree with you, 'b4r4t'. Although I DID use some filtering, I also spent several hours zooming in, and zooming out with a paint brush, air brush, and blending tool. The second, and third pics suck because I put forth zero effort, (Pure Filtering). The following is a 'Before', and 'After' shot. Can you say again, "nothing special"?
TomS
Wow. This one is really really good.
Can you give hints, what filters you used.
I would appreciate this very much.
flyfamilyguy
Ghost900 wrote:
"her eyes look so green". SmileVery Happy

They ARE green, I just enhanced them.
flyfamilyguy
TomS wrote:
Wow. This one is really really good.
Can you give hints, what filters you used.
I would appreciate this very much.

In 'Gimp' Colors>Colorize
flyfamilyguy
My friend, it is not just 'filters', but much time spent using 'tools'.
TomS
Yeah. I guess. Than what are the tools? Wink
I understand you drew her extra large exelashes. And tipp for doing that?
The original looks like a "I don't wanna be fotographed"-picture and the second one, like a professional photo shooting. Again. I like it, it's a really good job, you've done there.
flyfamilyguy
TomS wrote:
Yeah. I guess. Than what are the tools? Wink
The original looks like a "I don't wanna be fotographed"-picture and the second one, like a professional photo shooting. Again. I like it, it's a really good job, you've done there.

Quote:
The original looks like a "I don't wanna be fotographed"-picture
LOL! You are absolutely right, she had NO desire for me to snap a pic of her looking her worst, (Disclaimer; that's her opinion, not mine.)
Quote:
This was done with the paintbrush/airbrush tools. All work really was done with these two tools, plus a little smudging. I'm glad that you like it, thanks for the kudos!
flyfamilyguy
BTW, if any of you are interested, I would be glad to add some of YOUR art work to my Gallery on my web site. The site is basically finished, but I really need to add some more interesting content to it. Email your work to me, and I'll credit your work to you plus link to your site if you have one.