You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ftp layer in joomla 1.5

There are many posts on this topic so I will ask specifically has anyone resolved the:

JFTP::login: Unable to login
JFTP::write: Unable to use passive mode

Ftp layer issue in Joomla 1.5 in relation to the Frihost server? I know I can turn it off and use it the other way but I am having no luck installing extensions and plug-ins ect. I have had to install everything locally and upload the entire site.I am trying to resolve this and find a way to upload the extensions to the frihost server.

So I ask again has anyone had success with getting the Frihost server to take extensions uploads without error problems and if so how. I am stumped and it would seem so is everyone else I have followed in our forum. also I have an ftp account with my website setup in dreamweaver, it works fine there but that's it.Thanks
I'm having the same problem, it isn't possible to activate FTP in Joomla (v1.5.14). Am I doing something wrong? I created the ftp user needed, restrained to that domain, and filled the information correctly, at least I think...
It's because some functions were disable on PHP, to protect Frihost?

Two printscreens of the errors: