FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HDRI Imaging

How would you rate these pics?
1 star
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
2 star
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
3 star
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
4 star
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
5 star
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

john2
Hi Everyone,

Here are some of my HDRI Images I took in Australia. I am looking for a web hosting so I can put up all my pics. All pics taken in Perth, WA, Australia.

From Wikipedia this is what HDRI is:

"In image processing, computer graphics, and photography, high dynamic range imaging (HDRI or just HDR) is a set of techniques that allows a greater dynamic range of luminances between light and dark areas of a scene than normal digital imaging techniques. The intention of HDRI is to accurately represent the wide range of intensity levels found in real scenes ranging from direct sunlight to shadows.

High dynamic range imaging was originally developed in the 1930s and 1940s by Charles Wyckoff. Wyckoff's detailed pictures of nuclear explosions appeared on the cover of Life magazine in the mid 1940s. The process of tone mapping together with bracketed exposures of normal digital images, giving the end result a high, often exaggerated dynamic range, was first reported in 1993[1], and resulted in a mathematical theory of differently exposed pictures of the same subject matter that was published in 1995[2]. In 1997 this technique of combining several differently exposed images to produce a single HDR image was presented to the computer graphics community by Paul Debevec."
prithvi
Like both the images.......especially the light info in the second one
The first image would suit an evening mood.

Are you going to make panoramic shots too?
Ghost900
Very nice images, they look great. You must have a very nice camera. Very Happy

One helpful note, use "Quote" coding when coping from Wiki or some other site.

Example:
Quote:
Just click the Quote button above the text box when posting
legion
I like the first image because of the sky and the field's color. Great details on those clouds. That's why I like HDRs. You can see more details than in a normal photo.
dickyzin
Can I use my Canon S3 to create HDRI pictures? If so, how can I do it? I've read the I'll have to take the same scene several times with different brightness or something. Another question is, how can you make sure you get the exact same shot after each setting is changed? I can never take a shot that is exactly the same even with a tripod because you press the buttons, it moves or shakes a very tiny bit. This makes a huge difference to objects far away. So what's the best way to overcome this?