FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

History In A Nutshell

truespeed
This isn't a serious thread,i got the idea from this post in this thread.

You can choose anyone or anything from history. I will start.

Jesus.

Born in a barn to his virgin mother,apparently Gods child. (Joseph believed her story anyway).
Became a carpenter.
Became the Messiah.
Got Crucified on a wooden cross (I wonder if being a carpenter he could at least appreciate the workmanship)
Crinoid
Anything:
History is a written history, starting from work of Ancient Greece historians. It was a big news for me and this is quite recent.
Anything before that is prehistoric.
Many thousands of years of the different cultures, some of them had written/stoneworked sources, most - not.

Not many of them bothered to glorify themselves and diminish competitors on not perishable materials, so thousands of years later other people will know how high opinion one had about himself Laughing

Is it worth of studying? Unless one plans to make it a profession, rewritting and glorifying.
Considered this myself, though Rolling Eyes
deanhills
History of United States in diplomatic terms started in 1776 with the Declaration of Dependence after War. Before then quite a number of explorers had visited the United States, but technically it was formally occupied by people of the United States in 1776. This has been followed by a rich history of a developing nation with wars to sort out issues from time to time. It is a miracle country as it is able to manage itself peacefully even when it has grown into 50 enormous states. Every State has its own Government, but there is also a Federal Government in Washington DC that masterminds federal issues such as representation abroad, the economy and the military.
WhistleTurning
Always remember that much of the history of any country tends to be written by those who won some conflict or other. Hence you get "good" kings and queens who won battles to get the crown and "bad" ones who lost
ozerib
Knowing history will show you the gate of the future.
flyfamilyguy
laumalta
Quote:
Knowing history will show you the gate of the future.

Well... only if you believe that history is round... not linear...

...cause as far as I know... history is about the past... has nothing to do with the future...