FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

People Will Be On The Internet Than Ever Next Year?

the-guide
Do you think due to the weakened economy, more people will be on the Internet next year than EVER? It may seem hard to believe but I think that's the true! They'll be using their computers for everything as many as they can. Question
wellerchap
it's possible....more people will see it as an "escape" from everyday "real" life, some will use it as a commercial tool as high street shops struggle more for sales & online selling gets more popular.
leontius
Now that internet is getting cheaper and everything is getting more expensive, people would want to make some money off the unlimited internet connection they pay...
Fatality
I think the number of internet users grows from year to year by a large amount anyway, however the economic situation may fuel more users to use the internet to buy/sell etc. Many online stores are much cheaper then the average mall store. Plus it is easier to use. If gasoline goes back up to $4+ a gallon I think more people would use the internet to do what they could to save on gas prices.
deanhills
Definitely. The Internet is an important tool for searching for jobs. More people will be logging into Jobs Search Engines. More people who are savvy to exploit the opportunities of the Internet will access the Internet more regularly. People will also search the Internet for solutions to their problems including discussion groups.
Arty
More and more people are able to use the internet every day, so yeah.
ankitdatashn
Ahh well I didnt get you quite clearly brother. I guess you are saying that because of recession people would be using Internet for their work and cut conveyance, and human resources, is it. If thats what you are saying I would not agree to it coz thats much unpredictable, People would definitely cut the human resources but they will not change their workstyle much coz people get used to their work style., thats what I think...
erlendhg
I believe that more people will be on the Internet every month. The user mass is constantly growing, that's why they have created IPv6 to take over when there's no more IP-adresses left in the IPv4 protocol.
Seiji
Things are much easier when internet is available. I know I use it for about everything, even ordering food. Now they have all these smartphones, so I'll be connected even more.
Ghost Rider103
It is very likely. More and more jobs are opening up on the internet, and with millions of people loosing their jobs, its more than likely some of the online ones will be taken very quickly.

But with people loosing jobs, it is also possible that people will get rid of their internet to cut down on the cost of their living.

It's kind of hard to say, there are two good sides of support for anything to happen in the future.
missdixy
Sure, as long as they can afford it. I know that when I didn't have a job I definitely spent more time online.
shkhanal
In my country, its very possible that next year the number of internet users are going to be doubled or three folded. Since the project of installation of Fibre Optics for National Highway has been over and started to implemented, our one of the major ISP started ADSL and the next one has reduced the charge more than 50%, the new commers are rapidly growing. The fast speed internet and lower charges are really encourating every students and households to connect to internet.
the-guide
ankitdatashn wrote:
Ahh well I didnt get you quite clearly brother. I guess you are saying that because of recession people would be using Internet for their work and cut conveyance, and human resources, is it. If thats what you are saying I would not agree to it coz thats much unpredictable, People would definitely cut the human resources but they will not change their workstyle much coz people get used to their work style., thats what I think...

Thanks for all comment and thanks for yours "ankitdatashn". I agree with you that peoples will not change their work-style due to this recession (unless someone who meet an accidental retirement). What does I mean is peoples will change their lifestyle such as living, shopping and also entertaining in order to save their hard money and the best way to do that is using the Internet.

What made me think like that? I've found that my online sales during this season significantly increase compare to last year while my conventional (offline) shop (this is not in US) got hard time to take profit than ever. However, I don't know how about in US but some of my online stores which sales directly to only US area also got better orders than last year.