FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Issues with Xbox 360 Controller...

Spartan
The controller that came with my Xbox 360 Elite (black controller) seems to have an issue... It recently started to disconnect and immediately re-connect to my Xbox. I use the Play 'n' Charge kit, and having it on the wire connected to my 360 does no good, it STILL disconnects and immediately reconnects... Does anyone know why this is? Is it my controller as a whole, or just my batteries?

Oh, and another matter relating to this, I guess... My Xbox 360 wired headset that also came with my 360 sometimes doesn't work. It's plugged into my controller, but it just won't work! To make it work I keep on unplugging it and re-plugging it in, and moving it around until I find an angle for it to work! This is really, really annoying when playing online. Could this also be related to my controller?

Thank you for your replies.
FunDa
How long since you bought it ? has it been like this from the very beginning ? Better contact the place you bought it from and get it replaced. Sounds like a serious defect to me.
weableandbob
Ya, doesn't sound like something you could fix yourself.
blk3
Sounds defective to me , better have it replaced if its still under warranty.
Spartan
It's been almost 7 months. I'm going to try getting it replaced today, maybe a new controller as well while I'm at it. :'[
And no, this wasn't since the beginning, just around mid December.
Flarkis
My friend had an issue with his wire connect thing for the controller. He ran out of batteries so he started using the wire thing, but the problem was, the wires inside must have been frayed or something because we'd have to move the wire around and hold it awkwardly for the controller to work O.o
Spartan
Flarkis wrote:
My friend had an issue with his wire connect thing for the controller. He ran out of batteries so he started using the wire thing, but the problem was, the wires inside must have been frayed or something because we'd have to move the wire around and hold it awkwardly for the controller to work O.o

Well, I didn't replace my controller yet. Seems to work "better" with batteries. My problem is similar to yours, I believe, Flarkis. I don't know for sure yet if it's my wire or my battery, but I think it was my rechargeable battery :'[

EDIT: No, it turns out to be my wire. Same prob as your pal.
Kelcey
Well if you're using your headset on a controller that keeps connecting/disconnecting, then your headset won't exactly always be functional.