FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Toastmasters

teachmetmc
Anyone here a toastmaster? I am Smile

Its an excellent hobby to have.

Quote:
Toastmasters International (TI) is a nonprofit educational organization that operates clubs worldwide for the purpose of helping members improve their communication, public speaking and leadership skills. Through its thousands of member clubs, Toastmasters International offers a program of communication and leadership projects designed to help men and women learn the arts of speaking, listening, and thinking.

The organization grew out of a single club, Smedley Club Number 1, which would become the first Toastmasters club. It was founded by Ralph C. Smedley on October 22, 1924, at the YMCA in Santa Ana, California, United States. Toastmasters International was incorporated under California law on December 19, 1932. Throughout its history, Toastmasters has served over four million people, and today the organization serves over 230,000 members in 92 countries[1], through its over 11,500 member clubs

Staff edit - Please use quote tags where posting copied text.

Quoted form Wikipedia

Best,
Hari
deanhills
Toastmasters is a very good hobby to have. Can help you in all aspects of your personal and professional life. Build lots of self-confidence, help you communicate better, put across your points of view in an organized way, become less self-conscious with presentations. It is also an opportunity to meet other people, connect with others, and use it as an oportunity for networking and establishing contacts. Since it is such a positive environment with focus on self-development, it is an ideal opportunity to learn from your mistakes and accept criticism in a constructive way.
davidfromoz
Not to mention its a lot of fun.
jwellsy
Attending Toastmaster meetings is an excused absence for a couple of hours at my work place each week.
dude_xyx
Well I'm not a member but once I made a web site for a Toastmaster society. It sounds fun yes.
Garga
really does provide a useful club.A people career development