FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Change the featured discussions

Da Rossa
Hi!
Since August or September I always see exactly the same topics in that "top 5" list. Some people could even think that this forum is not sufficiently dynamic (not so well visited) and lose the motivation. Particularly the people that visit less often.

Thanks for attention!
truespeed
There is a Suggest a featured discusion thead,but it rarely gets used or added to.

I think only Bondings can edit the featured discussions,so if he is busy,then it just goes unused.

Featured discussions is a nice idea in theory,but if its not updated then like you say it makes the forum look inactive.

Just looking through the list,a lot of the earlier ones are forum topics,but recently it seems to have been used for mostly frihost announcements,so maybe another suggestion would be to change its role from featured discusions to Frihost Announcements.
ocalhoun
I'd like to see it become automatic...
Perhaps it should show the top 5 topics that were started in the last 5 days... (by word count: post count would put too many 'whats your favorite' topics there).

Come to think of it, word count would be a good way to define quality topics (when limiting to ways a machine can understand) in most circumstances, especially for the larger threads.
_AVG_
ocalhoun wrote:
I'd like to see it become automatic...
Perhaps it should show the top 5 topics that were started in the last 5 days... (by word count: post count would put too many 'whats your favorite' topics there).

Come to think of it, word count would be a good way to define quality topics (when limiting to ways a machine can understand) in most circumstances, especially for the larger threads.

Yes. I agree. Perhaps we could have topics pertaining to different subjects. For example:
1. The latest Announcement of importance
2. The latest quality General Chat Topic
3. The latest quality Scientific Discussion
4. The latest quality Sports Discussion
5. The latest Political World News of importance
6. The latest popular Contest

What do you think?
Donutey
At this point the featured discussions are kind of sad, since they are so out of date, and then there is the "stranged" one...