FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nikki on location

bjwok
Second shoot with Nikki. We had this plan to go to this beautiful white sandy beach we once went to a long time ago, but damn it, we got totally lost!! hahaha!!

this was the best beach we could find!

this was my first location shoot and i would appreciate any thoughts, comments and criticisms from the one other photographer here on frih! (you know who you are!)

set up was 5D, with either 24-70 f/2.8L or 70-200 f/2.8L IS with 580EXII on camera plus another off camera (on some)

lethaltriad
Yeah its me again lol. Did you use a filter.. polarizer for your shots? the water looks really inviting, especially with Nikki in there Smile Love all of the shots though, alot of times when you get lost you get some of the best pics and you proved it with this shoot. Would have loved to see a couple shots without her glasses on but I really love em all. She looks super comfy with you and that always results in the best pics. I'm a sucker for the pose in image 5 and I also love the last image as well.
bjwok
nah no filter, no polarizer, bare naked lens for me!

yeah nikki and i get along great and the shoots are more fun than anything else. we have plenty more shoots planned, including her plus another model (maybe male or female not sure yet).

interesting, the sunnies were left on to go with the whole beach theme, next time we will take them off!
i recon the last shot is the best personally...
lethaltriad
yeah same here, I just use the monster of a lens hood that comes with them lol. wanted to get a polarizer though cuz sometimes i'm forced to shoot near midday and I dont wanna carry my strobes out all the time. But the filter sizes on those lens are big so the filters are like 100-300 bucks depending on the brand and coating Sad So bare lens for me for a very long time lol

I can definately see the chemistry between you 2, awesome stuff, look forward to future shoots planned Razz
deanhills
From a technical point of view the photos are perfect, just the compositions are a bit too traditional, maybe a little boring. For example, if you could have cut off the head in the first photo up to the lips, so that it would be just the bottom part of the face together with the torso, that would have done something for this photo. With the next one you could have cut off the top part including the head up to about an inch or so above the bottom of the right breast (facing you on the left side) so that the top end of the photo would end here, think that would do something for the photo. From a composition point of view I liked the bottom one the best. The subject did not connect with you, gave the photo a special ambience and quality. I also liked the lighting in the water.
bjwok
thanks dean, interesting points you put forth. i gotta say tho, those composition changes you have suggested are not my style. i'm not disputing that they wouldn't be interesting or creative, just not something i would do with my photography. call me traditional!
Afaceinthematrix
I agree with Dean. The pictures are great, but the positions are a little boring. I do like the pictures, though. My favorite ones are the third and last. The reasoning for that is the use of water in those. In the third picture, she is lying down and I think the blending of water and her makes for a good effect. I also like how in the last one she is deep in the water. The water just adds a nice effect.

One thing, perhaps you can put NSFW (Not Safe for Work) in the title? I opened this up at a place that I shouldn't have opened it up yet. It's a good thing no one was walking by to see the somewhat revealing pictures.
bjwok
thanks for the comments man. i must say nikki does all her posing without direction from me. i think as i get better at this i will start directing her and hopefully correct some of those issues you brought up. as for NSFW, yeah i guess i could have added that, but then you prolly shouldn't be checking these threads while at work!! haha! unless you work for yourself that is!
Afaceinthematrix
bjwok wrote:
thanks for the comments man. i must say nikki does all her posing without direction from me. i think as i get better at this i will start directing her and hopefully correct some of those issues you brought up. as for NSFW, yeah i guess i could have added that, but then you prolly shouldn't be checking these threads while at work!! haha! unless you work for yourself that is!

Well I wasn't actually at work! I was on my laptop using wireless internet out in public. If I had seen NSFW, I would have just checked the thread when I was at home. I would not ever willingly check a thread like that in public because you never know when a child, or even an adult that gets offended easily, may just happen to walk by. To make matter worse, I was in a library lol!
bjwok
fair enough! probably should take care opening any of my glamour work... Smile