FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Weirdest or Most Unique Hobby You've Heard Of?

gandalfthegrey
What is the Weirdest or Most Unique Hobby You've Heard Of?
badai
paying for useless text editor

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-101210.html
jwellsy
Cockroach Panoramas
Unknown1312
Would this be a hobby?
Try to scream as loud and as long as you can in public?
Wink
b4r4t
I know a guy, who collects 1gr coins (it's polish curracy ... it's like collecting 1c coins in USA) ... WHen someone will p*ss him off ... he will go and pay using those coins maybe Very Happy
And ... he have about 2000 of them Smile
Zombie
the weirdest hobby i heard of is toilet seat collectibles
TomS
Zombie wrote:

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-101489.html&highlight=

Man. I wanted to write this. Now I have to think of a new one Sad
jsfdan
Zombie wrote:

*shudder*

This.
sana618
i once saw in tv about a man eating live snakes, it was way too gross.....
another eating only scorpians ......yak.... do you think these are hobbies???
Afaceinthematrix
sana618 wrote:
i once saw in tv about a man eating live snakes, it was way too gross.....
another eating only scorpians ......yak.... do you think these are hobbies???

As long as you cut the stingers off, scorpians aren't too bad. I can't vouch for snake, though, because I've never eaten live snake. I'd imagine that would be worse. But scorpians aren't too bad. Most bugs aren't too bad, either. Yes I'm weird, I guess. But I'll try almost anything once. And it's not like I did any of this just to do it. Every time I've eaten something weird, it's been in front of friends while trying to show off my "manhood."
flyfamilyguy
gandalfthegrey wrote:
What is the Weirdest or Most Unique Hobby You've Heard Of?

Kissing a stranger!
Crinoid
Collecting used plastic toilet seats.
Previous year champion was collecting ... mmm, barfing bags during air flights. Hopefully unused Laughing
atul2242
i know this guy who loves sniffing farts....
soljarag
I know a guy who collects hotel keys... you know, the plastic cards they give you to get in your room.... he has them in a box, and I bet he has over 500 of them.....

I think they are good to scratch stickers off, or get into locked doors.. but dunno what he is going to do with 500 of them... its not like they look cool or anything to display out in the open

---
I wonder what the guy did with all those toilet seats...
mikakiev
A friend of mine likes to wash and polish things, such as kitchen walls, fridge.
She says; it makes her mind clear and calm when she's tired and stressed.
What a useful way in such an occasion! I'd like to have a person like her in my house.
pho3nixsky
Its not weird but its nice. Free Hug campaigns.
mikakiev
There was a guy who was collecting the dust and hairs from people's navels.Even made a "research" which kind of rubbish can be in someone's navel folders.I think it is quite a strange hobby.
Chinmoy
collecting dry leaves from different trees! I mean thats' totally ridiculous! My friend does that..
mejo1900
I enjoy drying flowers and making pictures out of them..I don't know if you would consider it super weird...but the person above me said collecting dry leaves so I thought of this.
silverdown
Driving all over and collecting bra's from clubs/bars..... im a little germophobic Embarassed
chaity
the wierdest hobby iv ever heard is collectng dung samples of animals............its really a wierd one.........
Flakky
This closely links to the many fetishes people have, which are suprising. But let's keep it decent Wink

My dad likes to play Age of Empires 2 and farm. He does not go to battle with the enemy, instead he will farm till the entire map is out of resources and beige on the minimap. xD
D'Artagnan
computer virus collection, he actually had a folder full of infected files ...
goutha
Well maybe that you'vre heard about last week, but the Weirdest or Most Unique Hobby is collecting VCRs.

Have you seen the youtube video of this guy? :

gtsmatrix
ant farm collections.... 1 ant farm isnt bad but 7 is too much.
daredninja
That toilet seat collecting is one of the most disturbing things I have read about..

A friend of mine growing up used to iron his dollar bills every sunday which I thought was rather odd.

He became a really successful businessman though so who know!
Alpha118
Metal detection maybe, or tornado chasing xD. Last one sounds dangerous tho:P
socceraggie
I don't consider myself a hoarder but I do have some collections of items that I treasure. I say this because my following statements are not intended to be derogatory towards people who collect things; just things that I find strange.

What's the deal with the tiny decorative spoons that people collect and put in those wall hanging display cases? I never did understand why someone would want to collect a spoon from someplace and then display it on their wall. I enjoy collecting items from places I visit but to me a spoon just seems weird. Does anyone know where this habit/tradition/idea originated?

Next, what is the appeal of hummels? Those little ceramic (or whatever they are made from) figurines. I just find them creepy! I had a friend who's mom collected those. I picked one up one time to look at it closer and she just about jumped over the couch at me. You would have thought I had threatened her son or something. just plain weird!