FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Solved: MSN Error 800401f3

paskall
I have been busy with this problem bout a week now. Somehow my msxml3.dll file was infected.

The signs of this problem; - your msn doesnot start automatically, you have to re-write your username and password anytime you restart your pc.
- When you type your username the MSN freezes and after a little while, all the characters you typed comes all sudden.
- After clicking on login button, you get an error box with the code "800401f3".

Resolution; we need to reregister the components.

For Vista
*click START
*Then type regsvr32 "c:\windows\system32\msxml3.dll" in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

For XP
*click START
*click Run, type regsvr32 "c:\windows\system32\msxml3.dll" in the Open box, and then press ENTER.

***CAUTION If you receive the "LoadLibrary(msxml3.dll) failed - The specified module could not be found" error, then do these:

*Visit the link on Microsoft Web site:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/xml/SP/3.20/w9x2kmexp/en-us/msxml3sp2cab.exe
*Open, and then click Yes to accept the License Agreement.
*Click Browse, click Desktop, and then click OK twice.
*On the desktop, double-click the msxml3.cab file, right-click the msxml3.dll file, and then click Extract.
*To select the destination, click the C:\WINDOWS\System32 folder, and then click Extract.
*Now you are ready to perform the first steps, do the steps I told above and reregister the msxml3.dll component.
*If these steps do not resolve your problem, you have to reextract another component from the cab file we downloaded. Every time, replace Msxml3.dll with the files in the cab which are:
Msxml3a.dll
Msxml3r.dll
Msxmlr.dll
*Then reregister msxml3.dll file as shown above.
Craeft
I haven't had this problem, but on behalf of people who have or will have the problem, thank you for this post. Very detailed instructions on how to resolve an issue. Thanks. Smile