FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


5 different charities





geriav
Hey there! Next month we will start a new project at our University, involving the contribution to 5 different charities. We already found 3 organizations: one that deals with protecting wildlife, another one that is about building schools in various countries in Africa and the last one has to do with recycled products. My question here is: does anyone know another good cause, but from another field than the three we already have? And more important: ways to collect money for charity? Any idea is welcome!!!
friuser
Probably may not be very popular cause it may be considered political but I would participate in charities that help with civil liberties and separation of church and state. The charities you listed as feel good projects. It's harder to convince people to do the right thing than raising money or buying stuff. But than the "right thing" is subject to people's wims.
erlendhg
I think about something that would protect the rain forests (if that is not already a part of the recycling charity).

This project sound like a really good thing to do. Good luck with it.
sana618
well, how about helping a kid with his or her illness. you know there are hundreds of kids who suffer from some serious illness and unfortunatly for some reason their parents can't afford to treat them in spite of trying very hard. you can find about such kids from the government hospitals or some charity founditions who are trying to help these kind of kids.

i feel that this is also a worthy cause just like saving the wildlife. Smile . God help and bless you in your worthy causes.
Gonzalo
Testicle cancer is not something to take lightly and to laugh about. There are many issues of the kind concerning society in my area. Please take a close look, you may be interested in having it shown for a good cause.
Thanks.
Wolf1918
If you are considering something that will benefit the planet and the worldwide population as a whole, (human and animal) I think your best choices will be environmental charities. I agree with one of the other posters on this one, protecting the rain forests is extremely important considering the amount of oxygen those forests create for us and the rapid rate that we are foolishly destroying them. These forests are old, they are not something that can recover quickly, not even in a few human generations. We need to protect the rain forests that still exist, stop the unbridled spread of agriculture into the rain forest areas, and the logging as well.

Not only does it destroy the very trees that provide us with life giving oxygen, those trees also help scrub the filth from the air that we pump into it by the millions of tons every day, and help to regulate and maintain a moderate climate ... not to mention loss of habitat for endangered species of animals and plants. And the extinction of plant species that may well hold cures for serious diseases.

The same case can be made for charities that support the protection of our seas and oceans. The plant life there also produces an abundance of oxygen, and supports the other sea life and fishes that we heavily depend upon for as a major food source. If our oceans fail, we die. Period.

So there you have two that benefit the planet as a whole, not just humankind.

My 2 cents,
Chad
geriav
friuser wrote:
Probably may not be very popular cause it may be considered political but I would participate in charities that help with civil liberties and separation of church and state. The charities you listed as feel good projects. It's harder to convince people to do the right thing than raising money or buying stuff. But than the "right thing" is subject to people's wims.


Good day Friuser,

I agree with you that it's hard to convinced other people, the most important that we share our ideas and thoughts.
geriav
erlendhg wrote:
I think about something that would protect the rain forests (if that is not already a part of the recycling charity).

This project sound like a really good thing to do. Good luck with it.


Hello Erlendhg,

Thanks for your reply and your appreciation is much appreciated.
geriav
sana618 wrote:
well, how about helping a kid with his or her illness. you know there are hundreds of kids who suffer from some serious illness and unfortunatly for some reason their parents can't afford to treat them in spite of trying very hard. you can find about such kids from the government hospitals or some charity founditions who are trying to help these kind of kids.

i feel that this is also a worthy cause just like saving the wildlife. Smile . God help and bless you in your worthy causes.


Good day Sana,

Your ideas is nice and useful, helping street children is a good cause especially now a days lots of children on the street.

Thanks again.
geriav
Gonzalo wrote:
Testicle cancer is not something to take lightly and to laugh about. There are many issues of the kind concerning society in my area. Please take a close look, you may be interested in having it shown for a good cause.
Thanks.


Good day Gonzalo,

Thanks for your ideas and we will do our very best.
geriav
Wolf1918 wrote:
If you are considering something that will benefit the planet and the worldwide population as a whole, (human and animal) I think your best choices will be environmental charities. I agree with one of the other posters on this one, protecting the rain forests is extremely important considering the amount of oxygen those forests create for us and the rapid rate that we are foolishly destroying them. These forests are old, they are not something that can recover quickly, not even in a few human generations. We need to protect the rain forests that still exist, stop the unbridled spread of agriculture into the rain forest areas, and the logging as well.

Not only does it destroy the very trees that provide us with life giving oxygen, those trees also help scrub the filth from the air that we pump into it by the millions of tons every day, and help to regulate and maintain a moderate climate ... not to mention loss of habitat for endangered species of animals and plants. And the extinction of plant species that may well hold cures for serious diseases.

The same case can be made for charities that support the protection of our seas and oceans. The plant life there also produces an abundance of oxygen, and supports the other sea life and fishes that we heavily depend upon for as a major food source. If our oceans fail, we die. Period.

So there you have two that benefit the planet as a whole, not just humankind.

My 2 cents,
Chad


Good day Wolf,

This is really a good and remarkable ideas and advice. Thanks for sharing this with us especially now a days we need to take good care of our environment for our own good and safe.

I'm really thankful with your ideas. Thanks again and have a wonderful day.
tony
To collect money, one thing you can do is bake cookies and sell the cookies at high profit. Make sure you specify that the money is going to a good cause though.
Related topics
Should Obama and Dems Limit Charitable Giving?
cs pic
Guitar, Who plays it?
Are you blocking ip address of banned users?
How Many Forums do you post at?
redirect...???
Math Equation Editor and Computer Algebra for Students
How to use outlook to several email accounts?
E-mail is down...
Mame arcades
does anyone do myspace layouts?
A debate of religion, science, and more
[*RESOLVED*] Please close for me.
Whats your Internet Home Page ?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.