FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Historical suicide missions

Klaw 2
I'm looking for examples of missions soldiers recieved from wich they (most likely) wouldn't return. Like the kamikaze pilots in WOII. Several attacks on trenches during WOI.
However they have to be missions instated by armies, who belonged to a certain country not terrorists.

Does anyone know somemore?
deanhills
The Dirty Dozen Laughing More seriously though, you probably did check Wikipedia? They list a number of military missions in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide
Klaw 2
I knew that page and the kamikaze pilots are just about the inly ones I can use. Most other are not a part of some army.
lagoon
Surely the taliban can be considered an army of sorts?
atul2242
What about the LTTE in Sri Lanka though not a country yet they are fighting for a Tamil Homeland and even the Kashmiri Mujjahadin.... who are all branded as terrorists in India
ronbarak
Klaw 2 wrote:
I'm looking for examples of missions soldiers recieved from wich they (most likely) wouldn't return. Like the kamikaze pilots in WOII. Several attacks on trenches during WOI.
However they have to be missions instated by armies, who belonged to a certain country not terrorists.

Does anyone know somemore?

Off the top of my head:
The Charge of the Light Brigade [url]en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charge_of_the_Light_Brigade
[/url]
King Leonidas and the 300 Spartans [url]en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae[/url]
British RAF against the Luftwaffe during the battle of Britain [url]en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Britain[/url]
The USMC during the battle of Guadalcanal [url]en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guadalcanal_Campaign[/url][/url]