FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what if i forget to keep my posts current

titus1972
I have built a site for a non profit womens group for free and they do not have money for a hosting package. I was very grateful to find you and your forum I have had many questions answered and even answered a few myself but I worry about forgetting to keep my posts updated as I am away quite often. I got a warning from frihost saying you must keep posting or your account my be closed. Does this mean the women's group would loose their web site? Would my account be lost or my data? Please clarify for me I am a little worried I spent some time on this for the group and I would hate to loose it.

Thanks,

Titus
eznet
I am pretty sure that you are correct in your assumptions. The policy states that if you do not keep your posting obligations met, that Frihost will cancel your account at their discretion.

Now don't quote me on this, but Frihost is very lenient and often times will show great grace and restraint before bringing the delete key down on your account, sites and data, but ultimately, they give us a lot of free resources and request our forum participation in return - thats our payment for not having a monetary cost for these resources.

As you have said, this site is apparently of value and is likely valuable to preserve - if you are unable to compose the posts directly, can you not have people who are benefiting from your and FriHosts services create the posts for you? Seems like a small price to pay for such great hosting! Very Happy
sonam
Quote:
Does this mean the women's group would loose their web site? Would my account be lost or my data?

I am preety sure answer is YES. But it is quite easy to find some interesting forums and post few good post per week. Calculation is quite simple, with one good post you can get up to 5 points what mean you are free next five days. Below your avatar you can see how many points you have. Each point is for one day. For example I have 45 points in this moment and I cannot post next 45 days (but I will Wink ). Posting is really small effort for this great free hosting.

Sonam
rvec
eznet wrote:
Now don't quote me on this

Twisted Evil muhaha
eznet wrote:

As you have said, this site is apparently of value and is likely valuable to preserve - if you are unable to compose the posts directly, can you not have people who are benefiting from your and FriHosts services create the posts for you? Seems like a small price to pay for such great hosting! Very Happy

Those people would also need access to your account.

Yes your account will be deleted and all data will be lost if you don't have enough points. This'll probably be somewhere near -20 for now but we'll keep your account longer if you have more posts.

To be sure you should always backup all data and keep positive points.
eznet
rvec wrote:
eznet wrote:
Now don't quote me on this

Twisted Evil muhaha

Har! Yea, posting "don't quote" within mere centimetres of a button as inviting as this is a tall request Smile