FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Amazing artist

Afaceinthematrix
Check out this artist. He's amazing. His name is Julius Beever. He does chalk art in the U.K. and his work is so amazing! From certain angles, his images appear to be 3D.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Incredible_Beever

I found out about this guy a few months back in an art history class that I took at my university. I still can't get over the amazing skills of this guy. That would be an incredible hobby.
Magicman
I've seen many pictures of this type of art and I'm still always amazed. So much work must go into each of these pictures and there's a good chance they won't last for much longer than a few days. It takes so much dedication to get one of those photos.
Keran
Amazing ;o very realistic, I wish there was something like this on the streets where I live.
It's kinda scary if You accidentally bump into that kind of hole and get think You're gonna fall down, would scare me lifeless ;p
Afaceinthematrix
Keran wrote:
Amazing ;o very realistic, I wish there was something like this on the streets where I live.
It's kinda scary if You accidentally bump into that kind of hole and get think You're gonna fall down, would scare me lifeless ;p

That wouldn't happen because it only appears like that from certain angles; it's all about perception. Here's an example (look at both of these in the order I put the links):

http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/swim.htm
http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/wrongview.htm

P.S.
I found another site that had some more of his amazing chalk drawings.
http://www.moillusions.com/2007/12/julian-beevers-new-3d-sidewalk.html
lethaltriad
wow those stuff are truly amazing. I wish we had that sorta art form here in Jamaica but i'm sure it wouldnt last as long. Very creative though, makes me wanna think outside of the box with my ideas.
hamza1122
Oh so that's his name! I saw his mad artworks a couple of years ago and they were mad, however i never got round to seeing them again as i didn't know his name!

His artworks are really impressive!
bonestorm74
Yeh pretty amazing stuff. Must take a lot of time, energy and talent to figure this kind of stuff out. It's the kind of thing I'd love to get into but unfortunately not many of us have what it takes to pull this kind of thing off.
jessicawalker
That's really great stuff. Thank you for sharing. If you like him, you'd really like Kurt Wenner. Google him. He's brilliant.
Cddhesh
Amazing art, really amazing, I think it requires great knowledge of Graphics and Geometry.It looks like Julius Beever possesses good knowledge of both fields. Having such drawings on road can be really dangerous thing, that can cause accident. He draws it so accurately that it is very difficult to find any mistake, its difficult to know that these drawings have been made on footpath/road.
I found "Dive"drawing most amazing and real.
killerqueen
Very amazing indeed. We had him come to our country last year, to draw the one of leaf-cutter ants. The "M" is for "Movistar", a cellphone service.
tchaunt
I love this guy's art!
I never knew his name, but I see pictures of his works all of the time.

My favorite piece of his is probably the laptop he drew...I think for Dell.
I admire this guy's patience.

Could you imagine drawing on the hot concrete for so long, just to have your art washed away in a matter of days?
Rosabelle
Wow... I've never seen his artwork before. That's just amazing, as most everyone else has said. xD It really does look real! I know that if I saw one of those in the street, I'd definitely avoid going towards it. Especially if it was one of those holes... Just wow. I wish I could see one for real.
Zombie
That art is very unique... I like it and hate it at the same time.
miacps
I've seen this guy's art online before, it's really amazing how he can create those pieces. Applause Now if only I could see one in real life!

I wonder if he calculates his art mathematically or just pictures the angles in his head?
r4inm4ker
wow, what a great artitst! He's a very good perspective concept...I wonder if he did some calculation before applying his works...
wab11287
That is so cool. I cant even imagine what type of thought is put into art like that. I wouldnt even know where to start or how to plan it but I sure would love to see that in person. I love the one where he is drawing a reflection of him self. That just blows me away, along with all of the others of course!
corycaly
it's really amazing! the colors, dynamics and perspective are really incredible!
I wish I could make such art!
jabce85
pretty cool stuff.. but do you think people complain about him taking up the sidewalk? you know there must be people that do, bc some people don't appreciate anything in this world
andysart380
if i saw him drawing id ask him to come to my house and make a trick door to a room and see how many people try to walk through it. Laughing
ParsaAkbari
Not bad he seems to be quite talanted.
imera
How amazing, this is true art, some of them looks so real, well, not real but like the holes on the ground, that is really wonderful. Of course we need to stand on the right side to see it but it's amazing

Such colours and shading
beauty
Wow! Julia Beever is amazing. Thank you for sharing.
pmehta51
Wow….again WOW!!! That is the only word I have to say. That is an amazing art. I mean what a great idea it is. And than definitely the way he has done it is great. Each of his paintings are great. I am sure this takes really really long time and really really hard work. Some of the picture looks like so real. All the pictures he has drawn are wonderful. When you have first look at it, it seems it is not really a picture drawn on road. It seems it is being modified using computer, but after reading the article and seeing more of this artists picture you will realize it is too amazing to believe. I mean I was so much surprised. Now I have craving to see this picture in real. I mean to go there where ever it is being painted.
ravikanth
Does some one know how to create such 3D stuff? I am interested in learning these things. Can some one give a pointer to these things?
peyote
He is the singer in Coldplay.... and the rapper Cassidy.
00hamster
cool art, I prefer darker art though...
hamza1122
Ooh! I saw his artwork through a chain mail. His work is just AMAZING!
kriszara
I've seen pictures of his work before and am always impressed by it.
I love the ones that look like a piece of the street has been removed or chipped away.
I have no drawing ability at all, so this kind of talent amazes me.
wanshi
really amazing^O^
Kashinilaya
Yes, he is really great! he has a special ability to foresee the virtual 3D image his 2D drawing yields. Trully remarkable!
michaeljscott93
He's totally awesome!!!
andysart380
you should watch the video half way down the page i never watched it before it shows him making the fountain of youth picture..very interesting how he does it.
tchaunt
This guy never ceases to amaze me.
roadmouse
I first saw his work a couple of month ago on Flickr. I've been folling his work since. Never seen any other artist do something like this. What this guy does is amazing!
tony
That is so crazy! Actually I got an e-mail once with some of these photos; wish I could do that - usually if I have sidewalk chalk I'll just make a smiley face Smile
littleladyluck
I have received some emails showing his artwork. Really amazing!! and realistic. He has a fantastic imagination and his artwork has perspective, whereby you got the impression that for example, he's holding something or that a particular thing is real. I say two thumps up for the artist!
supernova1987a
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
Check out this artist. He's amazing. His name is Julius Beever. He does chalk art in the U.K. and his work is so amazing! From certain angles, his images appear to be 3D.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Incredible_Beever

I found out about this guy a few months back in an art history class that I took at my university. I still can't get over the amazing skills of this guy. That would be an incredible hobby.

Wow! Wonderful work! actually i had seen some of the pictures forwarded to me in email but i didnt know who did all that, and had not seen other pictures. they look so real. lol
i don't have much patience to paint like that.
guissmo
I wonder if anyone does these types of work in our country.
It would be amazing to see one soon. Very Happy
carlospro7
Oh yes, I've seen this guy before. I would really like to find one of his pieces one day and take a picture next to it.
Marcuzzo
this is amazing.
I would love to see his work on the streets
nebunaticu
tare de tot
soljarag
amazing... i cant begin to figure out how he figures out the correct perspectives to draw so it looks that real.... the hose pipe one is my favorite!
azil
can't say isn't interesting...
LittleBlackKitten
I've seen his work before, but every time I do, it's like "whoaaaaa..." my brain tries to make sense of why it looks real and gets all buzzed. Lol.