FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your Strategies against lazyness?

Ioana
In for example situations like having a lot of work to do but not a real final date... just wanting to finish within some weeks/months. What do you do against thinking every day, that today is not the real day to start over again. Even if your work may be interesting once you really get into it?

Everybody is asked post his personal strategy.

Thank you!
boringest
normally i blast hard trance into my ears, and that kinda numbs my brain for awhile...and then i can concentrate fully afterwards.

you can increase the effect with red bull and coffee =)

also a calendar is very useful with everything planned out like 2 weeks b4 the deadline.
Jamatu
While I was at school I used to leave everything too the last minute and get up really in the monring or do my work on the bus to school. But it used to give me alot of worry about not getting it done on time etc and the work was sloppy. Now I try and do everything as soon as i'm told what to do, so once it's done I don't have to worry about looming deadlines etc.

To combat the laziness just think of all the stress and hassle you won't have if you do the work asap.
S3nd K3ys
Sleep works well for me Cool

I don't consider myself lazy, I consider myself effecient. Wink
hive
hehehe
Well, here in brazil they sell a amazonian fruit called guarana, it gives you lots of energy...Some people say that it increases you sexual appetite too, but most people use that to keep disposed to work or partys...
It΄s natural and really works.

seeya
carlokes
Im very lazy when I don't have anything to do and I dont even try to fight back my laziness.
Howerver when i have responsabilities I do what I have to do...
Monkeydog
To lazy to fight being lazy.
Razz
bigdan
In the words of a certain shoe..."JUST DO IT!" Very Happy
Tasadduq Khan
I am too lazy to think that what are my strategies against laziness. Very Happy

Anyhow I am kinda efficient with my work except studies Very Happy And my stratgies are ..................... Rolling Eyes
mr.e
I make lists with specific stuff that i need to finish for that day, It usually helps me from procastinating.
xorcist
My coach's are all over my back when I dont do something. He always know when I got something to do and when its due or hes just going to take me out of the games.
SNES350
Jamatu wrote:
While I was at school I used to leave everything too the last minute and get up really in the monring or do my work on the bus to school. But it used to give me alot of worry about not getting it done on time etc and the work was sloppy. Now I try and do everything as soon as i'm told what to do, so once it's done I don't have to worry about looming deadlines etc.

To combat the laziness just think of all the stress and hassle you won't have if you do the work asap.

Good strategy, that's also what I do.
monty
life is never easy for me....
frozenhead
When I have to do projects and sometimes get lazy, what I normally do is just to sit infront of my PC, put on my big headset and just listen to my MP3 archives..(with loud speakers set into max volume).. in that way I can stay alert even if I'm working midnight till dawn! Idea

Magical step-by-step plan that I devised myself -
  1. Act brave.
  2. Act wise.
  3. Act realistic.
  4. Quit acting, give up and go to sleep !

Laughing
Jeff_vella_leone
lol im the laziest guy on earth dont have an idea lol
if u have tell me lol
but i like to be lazy so it realy gopnna be a good idea lol
Jeff_vella_leone
lol im the lazyiest guy o earth and i surly have no idea how to help u man lol
im lazy and i like to be lazy lol so if u got any idea how to solve it better be good lol else its hopeless for me lol
hedgehog2
I don't have this problem, because I am not lazy, so sorry, can't help you there buddy.
rzu
That was my problem today. I had about 4 hours of programming to do today, I started about 9am, but there was many things... breakfast, dinner, phone call, soccer match on tv, blah blah... I've finished it at 10:30pm. Blah.
MistaKiula
Humans are lazy. For those who aren't, they figured out a way not to. It's as simple as that.
onyx
heh well i don't have any strategie. If i did i'd prolly make a lot more then i do now Smile But I am soooooo lazy. If i figure something out I'll post it here Very Happy
Nameless
My stratergy against being lazy is that usually I'm too lazy to put it off. Or promise myself not to eat until I've started it. Or ask someone to kill me if I don't. j/k.
goutha
Simple... at the moment you feel lazy... just stand up... and walk... walk... jump... do something to wake up your brain!
skygaia
It is very difficult for me to fight against my lazyness.
But I have to do that. So I would like to make a schedule a day.
I mean I'm trying to set a goal everyday and chek it out frequently.
Then, I can find out how i am lazy.
That makes me encourage ^^

But it's still difficult ...
Slick
im terrible... i have all these things that need doin i dnt knwo where to start so i dnt end up starting anywhere haha!
alkady
I know this problem all right, I am a bit the same. Thats why when I'm a bit lazy what I do is;

a) Drink Coffee and Energy Drinks (Guru, Monster & Red Bull, Sometimes I also try a shot of Hype) that keeps me awake and concentrated.

b) Music, Don't know why but it works.

Thats really all, But I look forward to try some of the tips other Frihosters have posted.
shwetanshu
to overcome my laziness, i listen to some muzic
Rmgk
....ritalin
saiyeek
Easy way to get out of laziness...

Take a good rest during your period of working.
Liu
I refer to Anne Frank's quote when I'm feeling lazy, yet have plenty to do:

"Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction. "
DeFwh
mountain dew or cold air
billybob
Money motovates me Very Happy If i know im getting payed for doing somthing I always seem to compleate it faster....
photoman
Personally I have found that if I leave myself just enough time to get something done then it will be as good as i can make it and I will work effectively on whatever it is. Of course everyone works at different speeds so you need to a) have enough to do so that you always have something to do and b) learn how long it takes you to get things done.
Wynand
You only need to think about the ample time you will be having left once you have completed your work.

Just think this: The stress will be gone once the work is done and you can go on and do something else.
ifmr
i basically follow two famous quotes
first one is "laziness is our biggest enemy"

the second is "we must learn to love our enemies"
pjv
wash your face with cold water. think about your future. that will do the trick Laughing
jabapyth
i dont have any Embarassed
this is something i need to work at too Rolling Eyes
kronso.23
Keep your responsibilities to a minimum... that way laziness isn't a problem Very Happy That's why I quit my job, so I can play warcraft all day Razz
xorcist
When I'm lazy I get up and do what I gotta do I get something to drink or something and then when I get it I do w hat I have to do.
The_Gamer294
just do everything u want to do first as fast as u can then u have nothing on ur mind while ur working, but then theres the times u forget halfway through what ur doing and end up blowing it off....... for that i just throw something on the floorlike a lampshade, something out of place
ifmr
take a huge educational loan..the best motivation for a person to keep working 24*7Smile)
Ray Gravin
I try to put things into perspective as far as what I need to accomplish
then I realize that nothing matters and I take a nap :(

I get enough done to survive though.... anything else is a tough one for me.
luoleh
If you think you have too much to do and end doing nothing -- like me -- then you might need to make life simpler.

I recommend this book: 30 Days to a Simpler Life by [/i]Connie Cox & Cris Evatt.

Once you have a simple life, you may find it's easy to do what you like to do or you need to do.

Good luck!
kazza
hehe...I'm too lazy to read that book!

Anways, to stop my laziness...I create an illusion of fear. maybe, fear of what will happen if I don't do my work now. I guess people are different and don't necessarily agree with what I say. It's how u use fear that matters. But I thrive on it! I use it to create something.

Another way to stop my laziness is to do my work at uni. That way, I have fast internet connection and can get things done quickly. I'll also want to work faster because I just want to get out of the place before it starts getting dark - which is what I fear....
pecad0re
I drink coffee, do exercise, XXX with girl friend LOL
guissmo
Ioana wrote:
In for example situations like having a lot of work to do but not a real final date... just wanting to finish within some weeks/months. What do you do against thinking every day, that today is not the real day to start over again. Even if your work may be interesting once you really get into it?

Everybody is asked post his personal strategy.

Thank you!

Um... I personally work when I know the thing is 'hard' and 'needs time'.

When it's just an extremely small homework (or work, in your case), I just cram it when the time is needed.
[FuN]goku
Jamatu wrote:

hehe i use to leave it till the last minute to.. but no i just do it before i go to bed the day before its due and its perfect Smile
alexcheng
Here's two very good ways to combat laziness or procrastination.

1) Write down your goals

What i mean by this is, write down why you need to be doing what you have to be doing. Why are you trying to finish this project or assignment? is it because you want to get good grades? If so, write down WHY you want good grades.

Example would be

"I want to get good grades so my mom will give me 200 bucks for christmas"

"I want to finish this job assignment fast so my boss will like and give me a raise."

"I want to goto the gym so that I can have a fit body for the summer & the beach."

Then, tape this onto your mirror in your bathroom, or somewhere that you'll see it near the beginning of your day. Keep reminding yourself of your goals is key.

2) Write down the steps needed to achieve your goal.

Alot of people have said this one already, basically schedule yourself. Do it in an as detailed manner as possible without wasting time on stupid things like "1:00 - 1:05 pm washroom break".

You want to quantify your time as much as possible so that you know if you don't do that task RIGHT NOW, you're not going to have time to do it the next day, or you will have time to do it the next day but it'll be much crappier work.

This is important, schedule in your entertainment time as well, so many times, we just get stuck on the internet for 5 hours and then not even realize it. If you give yourself deadlines all the time, and you use your goals to keep yourself motivated to keep to them, then you'll find yourself finishing stuff ALOT sooner than if you left it last minute.

Not only that, the quality of work will be much higher, and by such, your quality of life will hopefully increase as well.
Ljsk
boringest wrote:
normally i blast hard trance into my ears, and that kinda numbs my brain for awhile...and then i can concentrate fully afterwards.

you can increase the effect with red bull and coffee =)

also a calendar is very useful with everything planned out like 2 weeks b4 the deadline.

<I>This.</I>

Although it works with all music/noise.
yaashop
I will keep being lazy XD I'm a lazy guy (for real) I always put my works for last minute. i really wanna change but i cant XD now i have a good reminder (wife) so my habit become better hehe.