FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Forum hosting?

ParsaAkbari
Hi guys, i reccently bought Serif Webplus and i was pleased to see that it had its own login which could be used with its forum ( the forum could be stuck in any of the webpages) or i could use the login to only let in registered users.

But then i noticed they only allow a 515mb mounthly bandwidth. Evil or Very Mad

So i was wondering if it was possible to somehow "upload" the forum to a ftp server, then link that to my website.

Ideally i would not want to use frihost because i dont want to destroy my frihost bandwidth. The only other half as good host i know is Microsoft and they do not support PHP.

PS Anybody got the code for a unique visitors hit counter?
LukeakaDanish
For the PS bit:

This what you're looking for? http://tinyurl.com/6gmgsn
ParsaAkbari
Thanks but i am still looking for some way to host my own forum Smile
iyepes
Microsoft does support PHP, but it has to be enabled at IIS level. Your hosting provider has to do the job, but usually they don't want to.
rvec
1gb/month wouldn't do that much damage to your frihost bandwidth and would double your bandwidth.

I don't think you can transfer the forum, you'll probably have to set up a new one.

You're not allowed to talk about other webhosts on the frihost forums, any posts mentioning other hosts will be edited or removed (just a warning up front).
riccopt
rvec wrote:
1gb/month wouldn't do that much damage to your frihost bandwidth and would double your bandwidth.

I don't think you can transfer the forum, you'll probably have to set up a new one.

You're not allowed to talk about other webhosts on the frihost forums, any posts mentioning other hosts will be edited or removed (just a warning up front).

isn't there an option of PAYING to keep the sites hosted with FRIHOST?
this could be an option for some people who don't have the time to keep posting... but want to have a good and reliable hosting...
rvec
if you have time to manage your website you have time to post. Those with not enough time to post wouldn't be able to manage a website anyway.

Also this has been suggested a lot of times, it won't happen.
riccopt
rvec wrote:
if you have time to manage your website you have time to post. Those with not enough time to post wouldn't be able to manage a website anyway.

Also this has been suggested a lot of times, it won't happen.

I agree, but not everyone is like me...
I run about 100 sites...
and still find the time to be on boards posting...
and this board is one of the best boards... since we can talk about lots of topics...
ParsaAkbari
iyepes wrote:
Microsoft does support PHP, but it has to be enabled at IIS level. Your hosting provider has to do the job, but usually they don't want to.

Whats ISS level?
rvec
the server admin has to do it.
iyepes
ISS stands for Internet Information Services, which is the equivalent in windows to Apache Server. So as rvec said before, you have to be an administrator of the server to make PHP work for your site.

If you really can get those priviledges, I could send you some links about how to do it.
t0t0m1C
Thanks but i am still looking for some way to host my own forum
ParsaAkbari
iyepes wrote:
ISS stands for Internet Information Services, which is the equivalent in windows to Apache Server. So as rvec said before, you have to be an administrator of the server to make PHP work for your site.

If you really can get those priviledges, I could send you some links about how to do it.

Unfortunatley i cannot get those priviliedges.