FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Online Video Radio?

DJonDemand
My friends and I are thinking about starting up an online Video Radio, it would have it's own DJ (my friend who has turntables,vinyls,ect.) so he would go on once a week, it wuold be like a television show, except it'd be a radio, he would probably wear crazy colors and stuff and we would take requests and stuff, and all the old "shows" would be posted in the archive, it would be called "DJonDemand" I just thought of all this last night, but I believe it would have a major market. Ps I am a business student on my way to getting a BA in Commerce with a marketing degree. Let me know what you think, it would probably end up being www.DJonDemand.com
DJonDemand
Not very happy...DJonDemand.com is takin by some stupid website, doesn't expire for 11 months..
Star Wars Fanatic
DJonDemand wrote:
Not very happy...DJonDemand.com is takin by some stupid website, doesn't expire for 11 months..

Looks like they're camping the domain, don't expect in 11 months to be able to buy it, they will renew it.
DJonDemand
Yeah, i'm not even sure why it's valuable to them though...who honestly types in DjonDemand.com in their browser..oh well
Ghost Rider103
DJonDemand wrote:
Yeah, i'm not even sure why it's valuable to them though...who honestly types in DjonDemand.com in their browser..oh well

You Laughing
DJonDemand
ahaha yeah that's true, anyone have any comments on my website idea?
PatTheGreat42
Isn't video radio television?

Also, video killed the radio star. That is all.
DJonDemand
There's no shows that show a DJ DJing.
lpgotti
Being as that would be a very broadband demanding website, it'd probably be very hard to make any real money off of. You would more than likely end up paying more money back in hosting bills than you would affiliate commission. It's a nice idea and by all means give it a go, but I would be careful in choosing how to go about monetizing the site and also figure out funding before launching. It's never fun starting a website and watching it fail due to funding issues.
snowynight
this website looks cool,
but with no real content.
that's it.
DJonDemand
lpgotti wrote:
Being as that would be a very broadband demanding website, it'd probably be very hard to make any real money off of. You would more than likely end up paying more money back in hosting bills than you would affiliate commission. It's a nice idea and by all means give it a go, but I would be careful in choosing how to go about monetizing the site and also figure out funding before launching. It's never fun starting a website and watching it fail due to funding issues.

Thanks for very much for being the only person who actually gave meaningful feedback, much appreciated and will look around for hosting and prices, ect. Thank you!