FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GTA IV (4)

zyd666

Grand Theft Auto IV is a sandbox-style action-adventure video game developed by Rockstar North. It is the ninth title in the Grand Theft Auto series and the first in its fourth generation. The game was preceded by Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Grand Theft Auto IV was released for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Australia, Europe and North America on 29 April 2008,[16] and in Japan on 30 October 2008. A Windows version of the game was released in North America on 2 December 2008 and in Europe on the 3 December.Two episodic packs are being developed exclusively for the Xbox 360, the first of which is entitled The Lost and Damned and scheduled to be released on 17 February 2009.

The game is set in a redesigned rendition of Liberty City, a fictional city based heavily on modern day New York City. It follows Niko Bellic, a war veteran from Eastern Europe, who comes to the United States in search of the American Dream, but quickly becomes entangled in a seedy underworld of gangs, crime, and corruption. Like other games in the series, GTA IV is composed of elements from driving games and third-person shooters, and features "open-world" gameplay that gives players more control over their playing experience. GTA IV is the first console game in the series to feature an online multiplayer mode, which contains fifteen different game types.

A major commercial and critical success, Grand Theft Auto IV broke industry records with sales of around 3.6 million units on its first day of release and grossing more than $500 million in revenue in the first week, from an estimated 6 million units sold worldwide.] As of 16 August 2008, the game has sold over 10 million copies. Grand Theft Auto IV received overwhelmingly positive reviews, becoming one of the highest-rated games of all-time on the aggregated review websites MobyGames and TopTenReviews.
joomla
I reallly love the game, especially the detailed animation inside the car and people hanging on cardoors and stuff. apart from being the highest-rated games of all-time .. it wants a pretty new pc
hearurscream
I know I may be in the minority, but I didn't like GTA at all. I should have rented it before I bought it for $60. The game play is fun for a while but just ends up getting dull.
Kelcey
I don't think you're in the minority. The game disappointed a lot of people (me included). I thought it was fun at first too. Then it took a major dump downhill and just got boring as heck.
casben79
same here, but then i discovered online GTA, takes it to a whole new level, walk around liberty shooting people and they shoot back!!! turf wars, races tooones of games to keep pple occupied!
CosmicDisturbance
Well, I never got bored of GTA3... If I had this game there wouldn't be a chance I would get bored. Ever.
Nutteloos
I think the game just makes you do stuff you're not looking for in a GTA game. Hang out with your friends, watch TV, take your 'girlfriend' on a date... what are we playing here - The Sims? Confused
lavitran
WAOW GOOD GTA(4)
spinout
I really think this thread is a duplicate, there is a GTA 4 thread already.

DID a mission with packie yesterday - 4 people raiding the maffia - I have just lost before since some of packie-staff gets killed - but this time I was the first person to attack and took some hits but the staff behind was healthy - then we escaped in a boat - yeeee the first boat mission for me!
speeDemon
GTA 4 is the best game of the GTA series of all times, till date...

With the release of GTA SA, well, the whole gaming world got a great sensational game, which was supposed to be the best of the best...

and in my mind, I can only think, that the only game capable of giving San Andreas competition would be GTA 4..

Though I've heard that Super mario galaxy is the most played game right now... suprising...

But anyways, I have a Wii, not a PS3, so, I'd go with Mario Galaxy anyway... but still I have great respect for GTA 4..

I think that if you make a sandbox type game, then it should be really real....

I mean you should be able to interact with everything... even if the game isn't really that realastic.. but interaction with various things is always fun... even that small can of pepsi kept on the table should be something you can interact with....

San Andreas gave the gaming world a new window to see through... but GTA 4 has given the whole house!! not just the window!!

I wish I had a great computer or something... but anyways, I am happy with my Wii!!

Cheers to gaming!
isnawan
i never play this game b4, but its look gr8
spinout
I can be more realistic! I flew 100 yards after smashing with a motorbike - yep I survived!! Laughing

But that really makes me laugh !

I shot 30 cops (its true ) at the station and managed to outrun them!!!! Only 4 stars...
Diablosblizz
Could be a bit more realistic, I mean you're going about 100 mph then you hit a wall, and then you smash out of the window and don't die?

Bit weird, but pretty fun.
David_Pardy
Since when did anyone play GTA for realism?

The game is meant to be enjoyable and FUN. If it was supposed to be 100% realistic then it wouldn't be any fun. Flying through the windscreen carries a risk, but you're still able to jump back into a car and finish the race rather than getting annoyed as hell having to reload yet again. It would get old really fast if that was the case.

Mafia did a really good job of a 'realism' based GTA style game. Car accidents hurt and were more likely to damage the car beyond usefulness quite easily. But that realism was integral to the enjoyment of the game. It wasn't a "drive as fast as you can all the time" game. It was as much strategy based as it was a shooter.

I'm still enjoying GTA4, it's currently not in my 'game I'm into phase' - which is currently occupied by Fallout 3 when I'm not obsessing over getting skinny again. But I still enjoy playing it - I've had access to the second area for a little while now.
spinout
Hm, I always wonder why it is no offence to drive by a cop in 160mph?
Or running against red light? ok - i guess less attention is good BUT as soon as I missto pay 5$ at the toll YEP smokie is on my tail Shocked
Blazole
spinout wrote:
Hm, I always wonder why it is no offence to drive by a cop in 160mph?
Or running against red light? ok - i guess less attention is good BUT as soon as I missto pay 5$ at the toll YEP smokie is on my tail Shocked

this is the only thing that does my head in on the game. When you speed all you get is like a little siren. I love the game, just hate this.
timrangar
Good game, but I greatly hampers. Now I think to buy the prefix! The game certainly is very good!
Rdogg112
i play iv its awesome its like the best game
Whong
I've played it at a friends place and it's really great! The multiplayer mode is fabulous too. Very Happy
Great game! Very Happy
Dark_Jedi06
I bought it for the PC...it was an ok game, but it was incredibly easy and focused far too much on cut scenes; I felt like I was watching a movie half the time. I would have preferred more focus given to mission development and difficulty. Though I purchased it with a gift card, so it wasn't as bad that it was disappointing...
spinout
i managed to finish the bankjob!!!!!

that was quiote a task!! cops everywhere, big time.

Prepare youreself with the biggest automatic gun - and all the ammo you can buy!!
then it is just to constant trigger the gun and shoot cops cop cops and more cops!!!

The hardest part was when we came up the subway and to get a car!!! there was no cars around - just one I found and there was also the cops - i survived but it was so close...
Zaimati
GTA4 I waiting this game for my PS3 Smile) I think this is very nice game..
spinout
Now I just finished the subway motorbike mission. That was fun!
I did the trailertrash mission - no that was silly!...

I also finished the motel mission - that is a lot of shooting - but the grenadelauncher saved me... Yep shot it in the hallway - no the motel is still standing ... Confused

5000 for a grenade - but what the heck - fun stuff.!
on3love
could someone help me i cant play after patching to 1.2
i have many mods installed
posibly conflict T_T.....
fladry
Do GTA IV need extra graphics card in your computer?
tw34kfr34k
I played all the GTA games,from the very first one on Playstation and enjoyed them all
but i didnt like GTA4 at all.
On PC i could only play on medium graphics while my computer should be more then good enough to play the game on the highest settings.
The gameplay isnt wat is used to be, lots less things to do, all you can do basically is the missions ...
Also my logitech rumblepad 2 doesnt work with it,while its the most sold controller for PC in the world,and it does work on all the previous GTA games on pc
Then again my brother has it on PS3, it does look really good on there, but the gameplay still sucks.
I enjoyed Saints Row 2 a lot more, hope GTA5 makes up for their mistakes.
Jamatu
I've only played the game for about 8 hours in total. I often look at game review and GTAIV topped just about all of them. I can't for the life of me see why though. Perhaps someon can point out to me what makes it so ultra special O.o
umeshtangnu
Just Installed will post the experience soon
mafialive
I love this game it is by far the best GTA that I have today. It has one of the best story lines and it really gets good after you get into it. I love the fact that you can pretty much do anything you want in the city and that you can drive around the city. I also like the motorcycle expansion pack they just made because it fixes the errors of the motorcycle in the normal game and it also has a great story line.
ijsklontje
Yeah this game realy rocks u need a very good pc able to run this game.
My first pc i had many problems to this game but with new one i rock Razz
DANTHEMAN69
GTA IV on ps3 is kool liked the gameplay, graphics and the funny scenes best GTA so far
Smiddie
I think GTA San Andreas was more fun. In GTA IV you only can do a few thing. In GTA SA you could do a lot more things. I have the game but I like Saints Row 2 more
pesar
I really think this thread is a duplicate, there is a GTA 4 thread already.
anaela
i liked gta4, but it was much shorter than the other gta games. the best thing to me about gta4 is the online gaming, thats it
kghai3
any clue when the new one is coming? i played vice city and san andreas and liked it pretty much...
but it got a lil boring after some time Sad
joe_042293
Like any game I've ever played, I did eventually stop playing GTA IV, but I have to say it was one of the best games I've ever played. The attention to detail is just immense, and I disagree with those saying it gets boring quickly: it took a long time for me to put this down.
Nutteloos
The few times I've played it at a friend's place I keep mixing up the shoulder buttons. Trying to apply the handbrake in an emergency situation often ends up in me smashing the side window... then crashing into a building.
spinout
Getting booring - well I kind of lay it down for a while - I've come 60% of the game . Hm, but the online still is quite fun.
pscompanies
It took Rockstar most of a year to port Grand Theft Auto IV to the PC, and while they claim this was because they wanted polish and quality with their PC release, it appears the result has been less than satisfactory. Players all over the internet are furious over numerous bugs in the release, ranging from nonfunctional internet registration and graphics glitches to completely inoperative installations. One of the game's largest retailers, Steam, has reportedly gone so far as to start handing out refunds to hordes of unsatisfied (and no doubt uncomfortably noisy) customers.
pscompanies
The surprisingly error-riddled and buggy release of GTA IV has led to Valve offering refunds to some consumers who bought the game via the Steam service and who are experiencing certain issues with the game. The list of errors being frequently encountered by users of the game are surprising given the stature and quality typical of the franchise. Check the full list below for the error instances in question:

RMN20 - Windows Vista: Need to have Service Pack 1 or higher to proceed.
RMN30 - Windows XP 64 / Server 2003: Need to have Service Pack 2 or higher to proceed.
RMN40 - Windows XP: Need to have Service Pack 3 or higher to proceed.
DD3D50 - D3D Error - DirectX 9 video card required
TEXP110 - D3D Error - Failed to create texture - Please restart the game
DWIN20 - D3D Error - Failed to query memory. Please re-start the game.
DD3D10 - D3D Error - Please re-boot your system
DD3D10 - D3D Error - Please re-boot your system
DD3D30 - D3D Error - Please re-boot your system
DWIN30 - D3D Error - Please re-boot your system
DD3D20 - D3D Error - Please re-install the game and/or re-install DirectX
DWIN10 - D3D Error - Please restart the game
DD3D60 - D3D Error - Shader Model 3.0 or higher is required
DD3D70 - D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
GPUP10 - D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
TEXP20 - D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
TEXP30 - D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
TEXP80 - D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
DD3D40 - D3D Error - Unable to retrieve device capabilities. Please install latest video card driver and/or re-install DirectX
TEXP10 - D3D Error - Unable to retrieve device capabilities. Please install latest video card driver and/or re-install DirectX
DD3D80 - D3D reset failed - Please restart the game.
STRB10 - Failed to delete file - Please re-boot your system
RMN10 - Failed to read file - Please re-boot your system
STRM10 - Failed to read file - Please re-boot your system
STRM20 - Failed to read file - Please re-boot your system
BNDL10 - Failed to write file Please re-boot your system
STBF10 - Failed to write file Please re-boot your system
VOIC10 - Fatal voice chat error - Please restart the game
RESC10 - Out of video memory - Please re-boot your system
BA10 - Out of virtual memory - Please re-boot your system
EA10 - Out of virtual memory - Please re-boot your system
TEXP60 - Unable to create color render target - Please re-install DirectX and/or install the latest video card driver.
TEXP70 - Unable to create depth render target - Please re-install DirectX and/or install the latest video card driver.
AE10 - Insufficient Memory to Start Game - Please close some applications and restart the game
PC10 - Unable to retrieve D3D Device - Please reboot your machine or reinstall your display driver
TF10 - Unable to write to disk - Please restart the game
WS20 - InitWinSock failed - Please re-boot your system and/or re-install the game
WS30 - InitWinSock failed - Please re-boot your system and/or re-install the game
pll
I like the game in general it's great !! The story is not bad, but could be better.

GTA IV is one of my favourite games. The only thing that I don't like is that sometimes the camera angles are bad. I really enjoyed a lot of Grand Theft Auto titles but this one was the best (for the moment) Cool .

Let's hope the next one will beat GTA IV.
angrykid
gta 4 is to me quite good but i dont rate it 10/10 lost and damned killed gta all together because the story is boring on it and you can use cheats
Asis
this game is made so good that i can't bealive it!!!
SpellcasterDX
I played it at a friend's house since I don't have a PS3 or 360 (or a gaming PC) and it seems pretty fun. I played the PS3 version and the graphics are beautiful. The controls were a little weird though. Different from the PS2 controls. But pretty cool nonetheless.
khanf1350
i have it for 360 I beat it both endings
khanf1350
I want to play my friend he has gta4 on his computer can I play live with him? ( I have xbox 360 )
spinout
I just found out u can do bad guy hunting when stealing a cop car!!!!!
spinout
Im playin multiplayer and the freemode - yep silly but fun!!!
misha9090
I dont like this game. It's for kids i think
ponda
I like the storyline, it was just kind of slow after a while. I do think the whole "consecuences based on your actions" thing was cool.
Xaferrow
GTA IV for PC is bad. So much of buggy bugs Sad

i have met the system requirement, but that damn bugs was soo disturbing >.>

1. Late rendering, this make the characters in game, 'fly', because the environment is invicible!

3. Car's wheels didnt touch the groud!, seems like kind of hovercraft
3. if your soundcard is soundmax, you'll heard a lot of 'buzzy' sounds

so, i uninstalled this crap
David_Pardy
It runs a bit slow, but my PC more than exceeds the requirements so I have it running pretty well at 1280x800 (custom resolution).

I've never had any bugs or problems.

I guess it's down to not having a broken Windows installation and having decent hardware.
ssweat
Although graphic intense, this game is great. I kind of find the controls hard to get used to, especially when driving. I run the game at somewhat high resolution but can not max it out. My specs are ..
AMD athlon dual core 7750 black box O/C'd to 3.11 ghz, 3 gigs ram running on a nvidia gt9800 512mb graphics card. From what I can see when the graphics are turned up high the game look is quite extraordinary from the lower setting. I have loved and own every game in the series. Rockstar knows how to make great games. Very Happy
Xaferrow
mine is
Pentium D 2.66 Ghz
Ram 512 + 512 = 1 Gigz
VGA -> Zotac GeForce 8400GS 512 MB

Sad many bugz!!!!
David_Pardy
Geforce 8400 = fail. Gaming with anything less than a *600 series Geforce is asking for trouble.

You should also get another 1gb of RAM. If you're playing games on Windows XP, 2gb RAM is the minimum you should have, especially with modern games.

So, upgrade your card to at LEAST a 9600GT, and added at least 1GB and you'll probably find all your problems going away.

When doing nVidia driver upgrades, uninstall the old driver, reboot, run Driver Sweeper to clear the rest of the files out, then install the new drivers after installing the new card.

I'm running a Zotac 9800GTX+ AMP! which is the factory overclocked one and it runs like a dream, or at least, it runs as well as you'd expect with a game with such advanced graphics and physics requirements.
Xaferrow
David_Pardy wrote:
Geforce 8400 = fail. Gaming with anything less than a *600 series Geforce is asking for trouble.

You should also get another 1gb of RAM. If you're playing games on Windows XP, 2gb RAM is the minimum you should have, especially with modern games.

So, upgrade your card to at LEAST a 9600GT, and added at least 1GB and you'll probably find all your problems going away.

When doing nVidia driver upgrades, uninstall the old driver, reboot, run Driver Sweeper to clear the rest of the files out, then install the new drivers after installing the new card.

I'm running a Zotac 9800GTX+ AMP! which is the factory overclocked one and it runs like a dream, or at least, it runs as well as you'd expect with a game with such advanced graphics and physics requirements.

Seems like costy Sad
Yeah, but on some site. , they said, the minimal ram is 1gb, 2gb is recommended.

can 8400 being overclocked so it works as good as 8600?
David_Pardy
Good question, but unfortunately - no. With video cards, there's a lot more to them than clock speed.

I have a second hand 8600GT sitting here collecting dust, I only used it for just under 6 months before I upgraded again. I can let it go for AU$50 + postage if you want me to send it your way. What are prices for cards like in Indonesia?
awazdohamko2004
i installed the game and applied the cracked some thing like paul.dll ... the game is running but there is some thing very strange about the game .. the screen is like the camera man has smoked weeds and then shooted the game .... and has any one seen the minimum system requirement in the read me file .. have a look its realy funny
andysart380
THIS GAME SUCKS

the cars move too slow
the shit you have to do is stupid...dating and shit.. its like playing a 3rd person version of sims thug life or something....horrible...ruined the gta rep.
David_Pardy
Awazdo - Guess what? That's what happens if you pirate the game Razz. They programmed it that way.

I agree - there's too much hanging out with mates and dating girls. I think they put that in to try and stretch the main storyline out as far as possible.

They probably spent so much time designing the city and the engine that the storyline was just thrown together Smile.

I don't agree that the cars are too slow though.
daantjuhh1993
i'm daniel and i have some problems with GTA 4,

i'm starting it up but then i get some chinese word wat i don't understand( it is a dutch install) i click on the button and he goes to say it in dutch then i get to have a surename and password all of that. but then i go to play it, it goes black (that's why it starts to play) and then he said that i missed a file and then i have to go and delete GTA 4 and install it again so i did that but he say it again and again

i'm sorry but my english it not so good Razz

bye

danil
tofproba
my pc is very bad ...... so my graphic card 80C ...... and my pc restart ..... hehehehehehe ...... next week I will buy graphic card nvidia 9600GT 512MB ....
sum12nv
i play on ps3 wth my LCD TV graphics are 100000000000000000000000000000 times better than GTA SA or GTA III!!! AWesome. but the story line is kinda the same in all gta.
achowles
So what version of the game is it supposed to be? Only, the way you're describing it, it sounds kind of like a torrented copy. But maybe that's just down to the language barrier here.

If it's a legitimate copy I'd take it back to where you bought it from and explain your problems with it. I haven't heard of anyone having problems like that. Alternatively you could try the GTA 4 forum (assuming Rockstar have one).
DeViL-WaR
I'm play on my x360
tukun2009manit
hearurscream wrote:
I know I may be in the minority, but I didn't like GTA at all. I should have rented it before I bought it for $60. The game play is fun for a while but just ends up getting dull.

awesome game have fun
fullmetalalki
just an awesome game but i've had problems loading it on my xbox. bad cd i guess but it looks like a great game
eday2010
I'm looking forward to playing the two new episodes for the game, The Lost and Damned, and The Ballad of Gay Tony.
anasash
Hi guyz!
GTA IV is a game with utmost graphics and real effects. It has included some cool real effects in the game. the handling control of the car has also increased n can now make out some somersaults with it. Shootin' effect has improved much compared to the older games of GTA............
ssweat
although hyou need a pretty good rig to run this game at full graphic capability. I love it but can only run it at about 3/4 its potential on my system which is still great graphics and playable. Rockstar I believe is the gaming leader these days.
genckalemsor
zyd666 wrote:

Grand Theft Auto IV is a sandbox-style action-adventure video game developed by Rockstar North. It is the ninth title in the Grand Theft Auto series and the first in its fourth generation. The game was preceded by Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Grand Theft Auto IV was released for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Australia, Europe and North America on 29 April 2008,[16] and in Japan on 30 October 2008. A Windows version of the game was released in North America on 2 December 2008 and in Europe on the 3 December.Two episodic packs are being developed exclusively for the Xbox 360, the first of which is entitled The Lost and Damned and scheduled to be released on 17 February 2009.

The game is set in a redesigned rendition of Liberty City, a fictional city based heavily on modern day New York City. It follows Niko Bellic, a war veteran from Eastern Europe, who comes to the United States in search of the American Dream, but quickly becomes entangled in a seedy underworld of gangs, crime, and corruption. Like other games in the series, GTA IV is composed of elements from driving games and third-person shooters, and features "open-world" gameplay that gives players more control over their playing experience. GTA IV is the first console game in the series to feature an online multiplayer mode, which contains fifteen different game types.

A major commercial and critical success, Grand Theft Auto IV broke industry records with sales of around 3.6 million units on its first day of release and grossing more than $500 million in revenue in the first week, from an estimated 6 million units sold worldwide.] As of 16 August 2008, the game has sold over 10 million copies. Grand Theft Auto IV received overwhelmingly positive reviews, becoming one of the highest-rated games of all-time on the aggregated review websites MobyGames and TopTenReviews.

I love this game but system req. is very hight. I cant play Sad(((
xis_masters
This game is fantastic. On the PS3 it is spectacular!
spinout
I got it on the ps3 BUT the framerate is much better on the x360...
still I think it got better efter the first patch... the framerate...

Hm, yes a great game! I wish of a hot coffe mod also on this version Laughing
greeneyedtaxi
i played gta iv for the first time last night.

mind-blowing. that's all i can say.

i played it on the 360, but since i used to play on the pc and ps2, it was hard for me. but it's still an amazing experience.

and all i did was drive around.
nil1511
As GTA is My favourite i also want to play GTA IV but
it is too big to download
bensrevenge
ive got gta 4 for the ps3 i think it is great i especcielly like the online with the voice and party options and the many diffrent game modes i cant wait for the extra episodes to come to ps3 at the end of march then i might buy the pc version aswell
spinout
has onyone tested the expansions for the ps3??
l4nd3r05
i'm starting it up but then i get some chinese word wat i don't understand( it is a dutch install) i click on the button and he goes to say it in dutch then i get to have a surename and password all of that. but then i go to play it, it goes black (that's why it starts to play) and then he said that i missed a file and then i have to go and delete GTA 4 and install it again so i did that but he say it again and again