FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Question to Aspiring and Seasoned Writers

mgeek
Do you use special software for writing? If so, could you please post them as a reply?
Wolf1918
I have three applications I use for writing, depending on what I happen to be writing at the time.

If it's just a short note to myself, I use Notepad that comes built into Windows.

If I'm writing a short informal letter I will usually use Wordpad that also comes with Windows.

When I'm working on something longer or more important like a business letter, short story or trying for that novel, I use Microsoft Office.

My 2 cents,
Chad
ocalhoun
I usually use OpenOffice.org 'cause it auto-completes long words you've typed before, and its free, while still having all the features I need.

Whichever program you use, make sure it is one with a thesaurus built in; if you make use of that while you polish up your rough draft, you can improve your writing quite a lot, but use it to give suggestions only: never use it to replace one of your words with one you're not familiar with; the subtle nuances of meaning could be very wrong with the new word, and you wouldn't know it.