FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which country do you like best

yuxan
Have you travelld in other countries?
Which country impress you so much that you feel memorable?
Please share it with us.
Afaceinthematrix
I like a lot of countries. But there's something that I really like about Canada. I love that country and would like to spend more time there.
sana618
i think mostly all people like their country first and foremost but speaking as a visitor or trallver to another country i've visited a few places and they all are unique in their own way. different cultures and traditions and also the food. but in one way or the other the people seem to be the same or should i say resemble each other not in phycial features but in their character or habits or manners. i think people all the world around are linked in some way.
deanhills
I like a number of countries and it is difficult to pinpoint one. In my most recent experience it has to be Oman as it has one of the friendliest people in the world. Genuine, sincere and natural friendly people. Hospitality is warm with a great sense of humour. Very seldom that you would find someone grouchy or taciturn. They are very family oriented people too and always nice to talk to them in public as you would generally always meet them as a family. I feel welcome all of the time right from Immigration at the Border through to walking in the streets. It is also a very beautiful country with lovely seascapes, impressive mountain ranges. Lots of camping to be had as well as snorkelling and scubadiving year round.
Melacos
I've personally built up some romantic view on Mexico... I've been there three times now, and it just draws me to it. I really hope to be able to go back at some time, and maybe even live there for some time. What makes the big impression, I'm not sure, but the colorfullness of it all is some of it I guess... Something else than Denmark for certain.. .
people888
Been to many countries from east to west. I think people generally are all the same everywhere once you get to know them better. One has to be open and not shy to reach out to the natives of any country to understand and experience the culture, food and beauty of each country visited. They are all very nice to visit except for those wartorn ones.
dickyzin
I like the ancient buildings in Cambodia, such as Ankor Wat and Ankor Tom. I was there around the year 1995 and I loved it. The security of the country then wasn't that good. Two bombs exploded in Batambang only a few days apart during my 1 week stay there. I was a young kid then and I didn't care much about the explosion. I rather found it amusing. I now realized how dangerous it was.
gandalfthegrey
Luxemberg is a very beautiful country.
Triple_7
Other then traveling the US I've only been to 2 other countries, Canada which unfortunately due to heavy snow in Toronto made that trip a little less enjoyable...It was early April and warm down here, they told us to pack for similar weather up there, but it turned cold and Toronto got one of their rare heavy snows instead...one day I plan to go back in better conditions Wink

Most memorable and most likely to make more trips back to was Taiwan. Interesting place, when we left the city and took a week long trip around the entire country, headed into the mountains, I wanted to just stay there. Beautiful place and so peaceful. Did a lot of hiking, never been so relaxed in my life. One hotel was in the clouds...just waking up that morning to crisp clean air and looking over the haze filled mountains. One of those you had to be there moments Cool
Joanne
Sadly, (which may also be embarrassing) I haven''t gone anywhere outside The Philippines.
Though if you'd ask me, there are several countries that I dream of going to.

First of would be New Zealand. Why? It's this crazy thought the always pops up on my mind everytime I hear that country name - snow-topped montains and green fields. Although a friend of mine who lives there said those kind of sceneries are more on the 'provincial' side.

Second would be Munich, thanks to Robert Ludlum. He mentioned that place on his books several times and it just somehow caught my fancy.
Chinmoy
i always thought switzerland was a good plaece to visit..
tingkagol
I love my country, geographically speaking. It's nice to know that I can always head out to the beach with my guitar and some friends, play some Bob Marley tunes and just relax without worrying about travel time. Cool

My only qualm is the heat.

I'm not a fan of its political and general public mindset, however. Politics, well, it's ALWAYS disappointing, but if you ask 10 Filipinos if they want to work abroad (most notably the US), 9 would probably respond with a 'YES'. It's sad really.

Besides my own country, I've only been to China & Hong Kong. I hated Hong Kong. Too flashy and crowded. China was magnificent though... you can't help but breathe its culture- you could literally smell it in the air. There's something strange and magical about that place. I'd go back if I had the money.
Joanne
tingkagol wrote:
Quote:
I'm not a fan of its political and general public mindset, however. Politics, well, it's ALWAYS disappointing, but if you ask 10 Filipinos if they want to work abroad (most notably the US), 9 would probably respond with a 'YES'. It's sad really.

Believe me, Dave, I'm on the side of the 1% who'd say no to working abroad =P
tingkagol
I guess I'm just bummed to be surrounded by people who want to. By the way, where are you from? I'm from Cebu. Smile

On a side note, I want to go somewhere underrated... the eastern outskirts of Russia perhaps. I've always wondered about the massive land mass it occupies.
LostOverThere
Joanne wrote:
and green fields

Only in Summer, in Winter those green fields go brown. I know so because it was one of the only things I complained about when I went there. Razz

Personally though, my "favourite" country would have to be either Luxemberg or Finland, both for their beauty and people.
andysart380
anyone here want to go to Australia.... i would love it....it must be so nice over there....i cant stand the city smogg around here anymore
peyote
a paradise,with virgin sands...
00hamster
Canada, the weather in some parts is great Razz
allandu
I have only travelled to England.. But i think its a great spot, i loved the climate there. Not too hot not too wet(i love rain)
The people were friendly and helped me during my tour, once i had got lost in London but a helpful person helped me back to the bus station on time and i got back to the airport.
So my trip wasnt a failure .P i almost missed the plane going back, curse me and the urge to get some souvenieres.
iwrite2576
I am dreaming of visiting Europe because I want to see Paris.People are very nice as well. I hope I can get there.hahaha!!

-----------------------------------
designer bags
natilovesmike
My home country is Argentina, but I have been in many other countries, including 9 months in Spain (and traveling all over Europe) and I am currently living in USA.
But I have to say Argentina is my favorite one. Probably because I grew up there and I miss it so much right now. I miss the accent of the porteño, the stress of everyday life, struggling to get to the end of the month with little money...it kind of adds meaning to life in a weird way.

But from other places I visited, I think Brazil is an amazing place. People there is always happy no matter how poor they are, you can't be sad in Brazil. London is a cool place too, I really like visiting it, it was my favorite european country.
foxx36
Germany is pretty cool. I`ve been in Austria too but I liked germany better.
deanhills
foxx36 wrote:
Germany is pretty cool. I`ve been in Austria too but I liked germany better.
Why did you like Germany better? I would have thought that the Austrian mountains and hiking trails would be much nicer. The Austrians (relative to me) have a warmer hospitality. Generally are a little more relaxed in their dealings with "tourists" Smile
supernova1987a
Naturally, Nepal is very very beautiful and it impresses a lot of people by its beauty. The mountain ranges, the hills, and the ancient cities and temples are the main attractions. However, the development is very slow and people are not taking much care of the country right now. So, the government and politics won't impress you much.
It is still a great place for trekking. And if every person who reads this goes to the country and help in any development of the nation, the country might change into a better place.
Wink Rolling Eyes
Greatking
i have not travelled that much. which is something i plan to do often. when i am ready which is soon. i would like to travel to the united states of america. perhaps california. then visit france, and spain. i would love to travel all over the world actually but for starters i'd rather travel to america.
standready
sana618 wrote:
i think mostly all people like their country first and foremost

Not me! Anywhere but here would be better.
matam
I like countryside in all over the world because it is fresh!
pll
00hamster wrote:

In some parts.

It's sad because I never really travelled, I went one time at New York City and I never went on another country except canda and USA. I'd like to go to France soon. Paris seems to be a really beautiful city
bsbteng
Canada is my favorite country. Its climate is very pleasant and people are very kindly.
EximiusNero
I've been to England, Germany, and Switzerland. Plan on going to Sweden, Germany, Italy, and Czech Republic next summer. Switzerland, I couldn't really take anything away from. Germany, everyone was real nice there. England was the same as Switzerland so right now I'm between Germany and America, but I still have more of the world to see.
bsbteng
I've been to China, Japan. China, everyone was real nice there. China is the most beauty country.
Dennise
I have visited nearly 30 countries in my lifetime.

If you are looking for great climate, stability, good health care and sincerely friendly people; try Costa Rica.

Costa Rica's climate is great above 5,000 feet and it's a very stable country. It's often referred to as the 'Switzerland of the Americas'.

We got ourselves lost once walking down a main street in their capital city: San Jose. A stranger approached us and offered help in finding our way. Hi was a 'tico' but spoke good English. This man actually walked us to our destination even though it was out of his way. He asked for absolutely nothing for his trouble. We never forgot that.

Costa Rica is careful who they allow into their country long term (as they should). They also have excellent health facilities and health professionals.

Finally, the USA is as short as only 90 minutes away on regular commercial airline flights.

Try it Very Happy
peyote
yuxan wrote:
Please share it with us.

I like my own country, and many others. Also, I like this post, for it helps me distract a little.
md7dani
To live: In scandinavia
To travel: Italy
To get girls: Thailand
inuyasha
Despite frequent earthquakes and tsunami, I like Japan the best. Very Happy Especially in Spring, when Eastern cherries(Sakura) blossom, everywhere looks beautiful. Pink petals fly here and there.
chasbeen
Here is the Summary of Countries I have visited and how much I enjoyed them
England 42 years
Well there's nothing to replace the country you were born in. Like all countries people are basically the same but in England you have history. Such as a "Cockney accent", the 'Daily Mail' newspaper or the red telephone box and a billion other things good and bad that you like or enjoy hateing.
Canada 9 years
Roughly equivalent to "England's Scotland". People live here with as much space between them as they like. It's a little bit more easy going than England in a lot of ways. (Pro's). It's dangerous driving in Winter(Con)
Holland 6 months
Similar to England for the history (The East India Co funded beautiful City of Amsterdam). Better than England for public transport.
Falkland Islands 5 months
Hottest in February. Beautiful scenery in South Atlantic. Too cold and windy (cons)
Dominica 2 months
Beautiful volcanic island. Can live in the forests and eat from bountiful vegetation. Survivor man's paradise. If you love Rum your in heaven.

Other Countries
Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, USA, Ireland, Scotland and Wales
ribozon
I haven't been to any country yet but im wishing to visit japan, korea and china one day. I like their culture and their country.

Hope my dreams will come true some day ^^
rogue_skydragon
I really enjoy Western Europe in general. I studied in London for about four months, and the English culture and people are great. Barcelona, Spain is great. But perhaps the hands down best city/country to visit would be Amsterdam, Netherlands, because the people and culture are just so progressive.
chasbeen
Amsterdam, Netherlands is my favourite.
I lived there for 6 months.
There business language is English and their transport system very high quality.
At least, it was in 96 when I was last there.

Their favorite 2 countries on Earth are Canada and England in that order. So I might apply for citizenship. I will have it by next week.
macky
yuxan wrote:
Please share it with us.

this would always be our own country... Surprised
uzeed
Someone wrote he that
My home country is Argentina, but I have been in many other countries, including 9 months in Spain (and traveling all over Europe) and I am currently living in USA.
But I have to say Argentina is my favorite one. Probably because I grew up there and I miss it so much right now. I miss the accent of the porteño, the stress of everyday life, struggling to get to the end of the month with little money...it kind of adds meaning to life in a weird way.

But from other places I visited, I think Brazil is an amazing place. People there is always happy no matter how poor they are, you can't be sad in Brazil. London is a cool place too, I really like visiting it, it was my favorite european country.

Well i have been in africa and i love my country home.
debjitbiswas
Well India is my first choice.
paulcatano
I have visited Nepal two weeks ago and i think its the best and beautiful country in the world for tourists.
drummer
I am from brazil and I went to United States of America..
It was wonderfulll! Loved to Go!
I went to Miami, Orlando.. Visited Disney!
It was awfull!
mukesh
00hamster wrote:

In canada how many types of weather?

I am Indian here four types of weather
deanhills
Depends where you are in Canada. If you are on the West Coast where British Columbia is against the coast, you get mostly rainy and cold during winter and rainy and warm, sometimes dry in summer. When you go to the interior of British Columbia it is less rainy, but more cold during winter than the coast areas and sometimes warmer and drier during the summer. Where Toronto is in Ontario they have very hot and humid summers, very uncomfortable summers in fact. There is a big difference between spring and summer and also autumn and winter. Winter can have deep snow and really very cold. Quebec can be much worse with very short but hot and humid summers, very long and cold winters.
Hello_World
I haven't travelled much overseas, only to NZ. But I have travelled in Australia a lot, so I would rather comment of what parts I like best. I am just so in love with Tasmania. It is just so beautiful and underrated. Too bad it is so cold. Else I love tropical North Qld. Not so much the Gold Coast where every one goes, but further up, Cairns, Daintree... It's a little scary though, even for a southerner like myself, because of so many dangerous things like jellyfish, crocs, even things like plants and shells are dangerous.... but perfect weather and just so beautiful and amazing...

And you can't really understand Aussies unless you drive from Coober Pedy to Uluru.

NZ is awesome too, just skip Akland.