FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is there anyone has ever been to China?

yuxan
If you have,please tell me how do you think about it.

If you haven't,please tell me would you look forward to visit it,and why.
Tphilakone
I never been there . But i want to visit china because i want to visit any country around my country . My country is laos . China is a north of my country
Blissgene
yuxan wrote:
If you have,please tell me how do you think about it.

If you haven't,please tell me would you look forward to visit it,and why.

Are you a Chinese? I am. The top cities on the list generally are Beijing, Shanghai, Xi'an, Guangzhou, etc.
sana618
well i've never been to china, but there are a lot of chinese people in my country, there is a very big shopping mall where we get all d things from china, its called dragon mart. also a lot of chinese resturants, i like to eat n also cook chinese food because some of them are easier to make.
yuxan
Blissgene wrote:

Are you a Chinese? I am. The top cities on the list generally are Beijing, Shanghai, Xi'an, Guangzhou, etc.

哈哈 我也是中国人 你是哪的啊.....

Very Happy
Mennoj1
I never have been to China.
deanhills
I visited Ghangzou last year in June. I would imagine that Ghangzou would be completely different from Beijing or Shanghai, i.e. less developed, which is what I found. The roads were full of pot holes. Trucks in bad state of repair in general. Plenty of exhaust fumes everywhere. Think what made an impression on me was that everyone was using motorscooters to travel. Every now and then I would see mom and dad with child pressed in between on this one motor scooter. Think something else that made an impression was I did not see a single obese person. Everyone was small and tiny. It probably was something I noticed as when I took the China East Airline flight, I could barely fit into the seat and there were many more seats in the plane than what I am used to for the same sized plane using other Airlines. I stayed overnight at a brand-new Novotel at the Ghangzou International Airport and can certainly recommend it.
Chinmoy
china is one place on earth i would really love to visit before i die. with its massive book of histories and dynasties it is atleast a 1month long vacation worthy.
mrcool
i wanted to visit China too....i had client a client in Guangzhou..wish i could go and visit him someday...
Tadtoad
Being to china...hmmm yep, actually i'm here right now Smile in beijing. I've lived here for 6 years studying and now working.

And yes, I do speak chinese(mandarin)/putonghua. It'll be funny if after 6 years I still dont speak the language.

I guess it's cool but after 6 years, things a tourist sees as "special" seems just normal to you.
themarine
Tadtoad wrote:
Being to china...hmmm yep, actually i'm here right now Smile in beijing. I've lived here for 6 years studying and now working.

And yes, I do speak chinese(mandarin)/putonghua. It'll be funny if after 6 years I still dont speak the language.

I guess it's cool but after 6 years, things a tourist sees as "special" seems just normal to you.

I have been in China for 20 years.Why? Because I am just 20 years old.hahahahhahahaha
kalliewalker
I was lucky enough to go to China for 3 weeks this summer. 1 week was at the Olympic games in Beijing. I would highly recommend Beijing. I was also in Shanghai, which was a great city, but it was really westernized, so I like Beijing much better. Anyone looking for an exotic country to go, should go to China. Just be sure to brush up on your Chinese, even with the olympic games going on, we could never find anyone that spoke English. But hey, it was really fun playing schrades and using hand gestures Smile
mejo1900
I was there this summer (not during the olympics) I thought it was cool, but the air was awful...and so was trying to navigate the city (sometimes the cab drivers are confused/ripping you off)
Johnsenesque
I'm Chinese and lived in Hong Kong before moving to Australia. Your experience there will depend, like everywhere else in the world, on how much money you have. I grew up in pretty normal conditions for a Chinese family; not rich, but well off enough to get by. It's cramped, polluted and gritty, but when you can get past that, Hong Kong is filled with small jewels and great places.

I recommend visiting the Peak and taking the walk, fantastic views there, my father always took me on weekends. The botanical gardens, which are free, are great as well.

When traveling to China(and anywhere else for that matter), it's a good idea to stay with friends or acquaintances who know the area as well.

China's national language is Mandarin, (missing out by one vote for the national language to be Cantonese!), but everyone in Hong Kong speaks Cantonese. Since Hong Kong was under British occupation, prepare for driving on the other side of the road.

Unfortunately for me, I went to an international school, since my father desperately wanted me to leave China for greener pastures, so to speak. My English is impeccable, yet my Chinese literacy skills are lacking, much to my embarrassment.
pumpin
Wow! I will like to visit china any time soon. I've always loved their culture and the technological part of their life is another point of interest.