FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

drawn, inked and colored

dragonflame
any feedback is appreciated

Eiffel
Your anatomy is strong, which is good. At least you're past the hard part.

Some things that need attention:

The coloring is very gradient-styled. This causes a flat look, and takes away from the 3-dimentionality of the character. Adding some more solid shading will bring out the light source and properly define the figure. Check this out for some excellent ideas on coloring and shading. It has some advanced ideas, as well as some beginner basics.

The lines are a tad too thick. I mean, thick lines can work, but only if they don't crowd the anatomy and make the figure look like a big bundle of lines. With a little toning down of the line thickness, you'll have a professional looking piece in no time! ^_^

Keep up the good work, and post again soon!

`Eiffel`
seanooi
yeah, like what eiffel said, your coloring needs improvement, other than that everything looks fine to me, hehe...
nik
Eiffel

wow i loved your works in your site.

dragonflame

very nice only he look's kinda angry
dragonflame
thank you very much for all your comments. Hehe he's supposed to look angry, he's supposed to have 'attitude', heh

I guess it's too obvious which part I need more practice with. I will look at that link right away, I'm a bit lost how to do colors without using gradients (and not using it very well).

The lines were a bit thick, because I was having a hard time cleaning up my pencils and cheated a bit. I need to work on that as well.

Totally appreciate the feedback, it gives me a better sense of direction for improvement.
JaeCee
Proportion-wise, it's lookin' good. And yeah, you already know, but having thinner lines and adding finer details would greatly improve your works.

You should also practice foreshortening. Mastering foreshortening will really make your works stand out from a lot of other works
ali_napso
nice dud!
albusa
Good, still learning at www.dibujando.net a good source on net
budazz
make it black color...it will be make it more strong aura Very Happy
dragonflame
JaeCee wrote:
Proportion-wise, it's lookin' good. And yeah, you already know, but having thinner lines and adding finer details would greatly improve your works.

You should also practice foreshortening. Mastering foreshortening will really make your works stand out from a lot of other works

thanks all. What's fore shortening?
new-ayu
Wow! Very cool!
deanna
my feedback is that font and lettering really sucks...the idea is cool but its terribly hard to read Smile
Blackout Angel
not bad dude, you need to change the text abit, get a better font i would say