FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How often you go to an Internet Cafe

How often you go Internet cafe
Once a week
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Once in 3 days
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Once in a month
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
I don't used to go cafe
85%
 85%  [ 51 ]
Total Votes : 60

chatrack
Me its 3 days in a week,

I want to check my mails, look for new music and rarely for
having chating...

How often you use internet cafe.?
_____...________..._______

Track Find CORRECT Location of CHAT FRIEND

http://chatrack.frihost.net/?SignUp=FREE
RiCtee
I don't use Internet Cafes. In fact, never. If I need Internet access out of home I would visit a nearby McDonald's, order a Big Mac, and hook up to the free WiFi. If there's no McDonald's, the city has so many open WiFi anyway.
Blazole
i have never ever been to an internet cafe in my life.
Keran
I've been there a few times (maybe three times tops).
So I don't ever go there, I always use my home computer.
Melacos
I did it in the 90's, but here in DK they've gone down and under since the actual home-based internet revolution happened. It's kinda sad in a way come to think of it - it was such a special feeling going there I remember. Though that might just be because of it's status as a youngster-memoir... Razz
mrcool
i used to go to internet cafe before but now i don't go since we have an internet already at home
Nameless
Never, internet at home, etc. I used to occasionally use the internet at my local library, but that was before I really did anything more than play flash games on teh intartoobs.
apple
Before I had a PC of my own I used the cafes...sometimes I'd be there everyday...lol

I was quite an addict. Now I got 2 PC's at home and a dsl connection....I can't imagine having to go to a cafe again. To touch the keyboard and mouse that hundreds of other people touched! ewwwwww
erlendhg
Well, I would use an internet café only occationally, when I am on holiday in a foreign country or something like that.

I have internet at home and at school, so I don't need any internet cafes. Also, theres nearly no internet cafes in the city where I live.

For me, the internet cafes seems like a phenomenon from the 90's Razz
SpellcasterDX
I've never ever been to an internet cafe in my life. So I can say I never go to them. I have a pc with internet right here at home.
Kaseas
It's awesome for lan parties.
soljarag
I have never been to one.... never had a need to..... maybe if my house was without power for days i would..............
Xaferrow
Since i dont have any net in my home,

i must go to net cafe at least once a week
deanhills
As often as I can, usually over weekends, possibly one or more times a week. I really like Internet Cafes with personality, and there are a number of those in the UAE, and class. Some of them have the character of a club/pub without the rowdiness of a pub. I am presently in an Internet Cafe called dot.com, one that has been arround since late nineties. Part of it is a sheesha bar, which is a special kind of Arabic smoking. It goes with a few LCD TVs, watching football and sport, as well as surfing Internet and playing games with consoles and the rest. All the stations are on wheels, so when you ask for your sheesha pipe, and Internet/games, both are carried to you. Since I am a non-smoker, I prefer the non-smoking section (as much as it can be as some of the dense sheesha smoke eventually makes it way to the non-smoking areas as well). Nice music, some jazz, wonderful menu for all kinds of coffee lattes, hot or cold drinking chocolate, same for tea, snacks, sweets. Lots of ambience, and of course plenty of character.
deanhills
As often as I can, usually over weekends, possibly one or more times a week. I really like Internet Cafes with personality, and there are a number of those in the UAE, and class. Some of them have the character of a club/pub without the rowdiness of a pub. I am presently in an Internet Cafe called dot.com, one that has been arround since late nineties. Part of it is a sheesha bar, which is a special kind of Arabic smoking. It goes with a few LCD TVs, watching football and sport, as well as surfing Internet and playing games with consoles and the rest. All the stations are on wheels, so when you ask for your sheesha pipe, and Internet/games, both are carried to you. Since I am a non-smoker, I prefer the non-smoking section (as much as it can be as some of the dense sheesha smoke eventually makes it way to the non-smoking areas as well). Nice music, some jazz, wonderful menu for all kinds of coffee lattes, hot or cold drinking chocolate, same for tea, snacks, sweets. Lots of ambience, and of course plenty of character.
pll
Never used one. I have my own PC so I don't need those.
pashmina
NEVER!!!

But when I am in my work place, I get a free WiFi connection which is blazing fast connection.
crimson_aria
used to go a lot, now, almost never. only when my connection has tech problems and I badly need to surf the net.
hlavco
I've never gone to an internet cafe. I usually have my own connection, and if I don't I'm too lazy to carry my laptop somewhere else. Our college has a lot of wifi on the classroom side, so if I'm really desperate I'll head over there. But at that point I could just use one of their computers unless there was a specific program I needed to use.
snowynight
Internet cafe is like going out to eat. A rare and randam visit is ok but a frequent one is simply out of the question.
if one likes a crowded place, he can go to a bar.
Arseniy
I never go there only in internet purposes, I can use my mobile phone for that or get to the internet from home computer. But the only trouble I've got - I have no printer. So I have to go around the internet cafes to print something - mainly my poems for competitions. And even for that purpose I often ask my friend to do some print for me.
So because of that I think you can find me there only one time a month.
Nick2008
I never go to an internet cafe. I myself have internet at home and the nearest internet cafe that I know of is at K-Mart... which is like 20 minutes away. Pretty much everyone in my area has internet anyways. I live in an apartment and there is like 7 different access points that are available (All are password protected), I myself installed a wireless router also. Only time that I can ever think of using a internet cafe is if I'm on a road trip somewhere and I need to check my email, I don't have a PDA or blackberry anyways.
lethaltriad
I've never been to one, I think there is only one here in Jamaica and its centrally located but I love the privacy of being online at home.
andredesignz
I don't used to go cafe, thank God for my Computer and internet at home Very Happy Very Happy
Afaceinthematrix
I don't go because I have internet at home and if I'm not at home, I usually have my laptop - it's relatively easy to find wify. The only way I'd use one is if I'm out of the country without the laptop.
adri
There are not much internet cafés in Belgium.... so I actually never go to an internet café, though in the liberary there are some computers. Razz

Greetz

Adri
Insanity
It's fun to go to an Internet cafe if you're going with friends and you can't afford to host a big LAN party.
stel4e
Insanity wrote:
It's fun to go to an Internet cafe if you're going with friends and you can't afford to host a big LAN party.

I agree that Wink

I haven't been to an inet cafe from a looong loong time... almost 2 years ahahah... Before that I was going because of my boyfriend who was playing with friends... Wink Rolling Eyes
Dean_The_Great
I go to internet cafés when I need some cheap internet when I'm out and about, but that happens rarely since I got my phone, from which I can check Email, facebook, etc. But it is handy when you're out in a city/country you don't know and you really need to google something.
driftingfe3s
I never go since my connection at home is pretty good. And there's a library down the block from where I live so if i ever need the internet and I can't use it at home a couple of minutes of walking and I'll be good.
Donutey
I've never gone to a commercial computer lab (though I frequent my school's lab, bigger monitors Very Happy )
ankitdatashn
I do not go to cyber cafe's, I think I have gone to one only twice or thrice there in my whole life uptill now. When there is internet in home there is no need also to go to one. Get decent speed here at home, pretty less downtime(it happens but rarely), and mostly casual surfing so no urge for a cyber cafe. Whenever I had gone the case was the Broadband at the home was not working. But still I think the price at cyber cafe's vary a lot, You in India can find as low as 5 rs per half an hour charge and as high as 30 rs per hour
mgeek
I used to go to the internet cafe. It was like once a week. Now, however, because we already have broadband connection, I no longer find it necessary to go to internet cafes.
standready
NEVER I have at home so why go to a cafe.
lostwolf
once a week.
catscratches
I have a decent Internet connection at home so I have no reason to.
the-guide
I don't and never use the Internet Cafes. Every time I have to use the Internet I always connect from my shop otherwise also from my home.
supernova1987a
oh i have not been to internet cafe for a long time. i have high speed internet at home. so why go to internet cafe. well i do miss those internet cafe i used to go to. they were pretty fast and there were much friendly people.
biljap
I’ve never had need to use Internet café. I have excellent connection at home, and also, that was the case while I was at school, and it is now at work.
I believe I would use Internet café if I go somewhere for a longer time (like a vacation) and I need urgent connection... Otherwise, I don’t need it.
ptfrances
Once a year if my computer is working. If not, much more... Laughing Laughing
j_f_k
RiCtee wrote:
I don't use Internet Cafes. In fact, never. If I need Internet access out of home I would visit a nearby McDonald's, order a Big Mac, and hook up to the free WiFi. If there's no McDonald's, the city has so many open WiFi anyway.

!!!! 'free' at what price your health!!! !!! be cheeky get a healthy sandwich and just use their wifi anyway. the 'bots who work there are much too timid to do anything acout it.
j_f_k
alas on this godforsaken island i'm stuck on there are no free wifi's unless you steal someones - and thankfully most people are getting smarter these days and at least password protect their wifi.

assuming you've got internet at home with reasonable speed the only reason to use a cafe is

1) you're travelling
2) you want to do nefarious things that can't be traced back to you eg hack into the us gov defence website etc
UniqueCastle
More and more people have internet at their home, so I think less and less people go to internet cafe. Personally, I never go to any kind of internet cafe.
eday2010
With the internet readily available everywhere, and cheap, I don't know how the internet cafes stay in business today.
carlospro7
last time I was at an internet cafe must have been about11 years ago. I can't understand how one of those would still stay in business here in the US. I know I've seen them in other countries where the internet is not a commodity, but it's understandable in other places because it's probably more economical. Here it makes more sense to pay for cheap internet subscription.
nolimitcare
i personnaly never entered a internet cafe, however i know many people online who use them all the time, when i need wifi in my little area i just find an unsecured connection and avoid doing anything too personal or important to prevent from password leaks and such, usually good to get in do what i gotta do and get out quick lol, but a cafe would be nice, somewhere warm to take the laptop, cars kinda cold. hehe
Prasad007
No cafe for me. Home internet is great enough for me! Very Happy
hamza1122
I've only been to the Netcafe near my school once or twice but my friends are kind of addicted to the games there and they sometimes jig school just to go play in Netface for a couple of hours,

Pretty sad i reckon...but the games are pretty fun.
psycosquirrel
I never go to internet cafes. My school has a wifi cloud floating all around it, and I managed to extend the cloud at work and home so that I get no drops in wifi between the 3 places. (I live 2 minutes from work, and 5 minutes from school)
spring567
About once a week . I use computer at home or in office mostly .
PennyLane
I've never ever been to an internet cafe... At home I have a wonderful connection, school's got connections even on the toilets, and when I really need interenet while I'm in town I go to McDonald's or Foodmakers... They have free WiFi connections, and an internet cafe costs like a euro an hour....
chartcentral
I used to go to internet cafés quite often when I didn't have my own computer yet. Maybe around 2-3 times per week. But now, I no longer do, except for that one time last year where I had to go online and I was at the mall, so I rented a computer station at an internet café there. Smile
tdossi
In the Internet cafe it is too unsafe. Particularly passwords. They can be seen by everybody. I do not know how one can prevent this. Confused
Utopia GFR
Well, I don't go to Internet Cafés since I own a laptop with an Internet Connection.

But I do visit that place when I am travelling (prices are usually cheap and I mainly use those terminals for checking out my email and browsing quickly).

If I did not have a computer, I guess I would go to Cybercafés because it's kindda useful to be connected to the World Wide Web and it's even necessary if you work in a communications field Smile
Moshkin_Khan
Only once while I was on holiday and had to contact people.
But other than that, I've never seen the need to use an internet cafe.
deanhills
When I was in the UK two weeks ago, I had some interesting experiences with "Internet Cafes", which aren't really Internet Cafes in the true sense of the word at Heathrow and Gatwick Airports, as well as in Guernsey. At the Airport, you find automatic Internet Stations. You put money into a slot, and then get 15 minutes for 1 pound sterling. It was a bit of an irritation though, as you cannot copy, cut or paste, and while I was posting, it was a challenge as something was wrong with the Frihost Database, and it kept on timing out. At home I could copy what timed out, and either paste it, or loose points if it got published while it was timing out. But with the slot-internet machines, you got one chance only.

The most interesting slot machine was in Guernsey however. I was there in the freezing cold, as probably to save money, there was no heating inside the slot-internet room. It was set up for feeding with Guernsey dollars, which are paper dollars. There were no mice, you had to use a roller ball, and the keyboard was built in the table, quite a different feel to it, going cloncky like in those very old typewriters at the beginning of the previous century. The space bar, is a key, not a bar, so some getting used to figure out all the keys, but a challenge anyway and fun as a consequence. Especially since on that Sunday there were no Internet Cafes open, except for this one freezing automatic cafe. I was determined to post, as I felt an obligation to my advertiser, so had a long walk uphill in gale force freezing wind, and then this interesting session on the internet slot machine. The next day we woke up to more than a foot of snow everywhere. The "big snow" event that brought the UK to a complete standstill!
achowles
I used to go to one. But for LAN gaming, not the internet. I didn't used to have much interest in the net, not until I got my own broadband connection at least.
Tuvitor
A long time ago, back in the days when all I had at home was a 33.6 kbps dialup modem, I found solace (and bandwidth) at a now-defunct internet cafe in Downtown Portland called Internet Arena.

*sighs wistfully*
shkumbin
Thank Gog I have a computer since I was in high-school so I ever had to go and pay in an internet-caffee!

Cheers,
Shkumbin
tdossi
Yes if one has own PC with broadband Internet, there is also no more reason to go to an Internet cafe. Except one is on vacation. Then there one wants to look at his emails and play plays. There one depends on the Internet cafe.
joostvane
I use my home internet. I have been to an internet cafe like 4 times before in my life, for meetings.
ProfessorY91
As expected, and as indicated by the polls, internet at home is much more convenient that ruining your caffeine fix of the day by propping open your laptop to look posh. Razz
sw0277
I have never been to an internet cafe. I'm not even sure where one is if I wanted to go. I do have friends that go quite often though.
Jamatu
I used to use it a few times a week back at school, these days it's not needed with the amount of small devices with wifi built in.
jabce85
never for me, there aren't many around here..
deanhills
ProfessorY91 wrote:
As expected, and as indicated by the polls, internet at home is much more convenient that ruining your caffeine fix of the day by propping open your laptop to look posh. Razz

When you pop open your laptop, that is not an Internet Cafe. An Internet Cafe is where there are desktop computers that have already been set up. In fact, it is usually less than posh. Usually laptops are used in coffee shops with access to wireless internet. I have not got a laptop computer, but can imagine that for some people it is rather nice to have their coffee while they are looking at the Internet as well. In some Internet Cafes you can have coffee too, but not all of them. I go to them as I find the computers are set up differently, and interestingly, especially when you travel in different countries. I am quite fascinated by some of the computer setups, computers themselves, and also the people who frequent the Internet Cafes.
kerryworkman
I actually have never been to an internet cafe like alot of people here. I have always either had an internet connection or a friend that had an internet connection I could use. I am just too much of a cheap skate, even if I didn't have easy access to the internet I would find some other means to connect rather then pay some one else to use their connection.
mycologicalintent
Never been, I just wish I had some in my area. Then again, I like my living room..
Insanity
I go to internet cafes mainly to game only. I don't find there to be another good reason to leave the comfort of your house just to use the computer when you already own a computer and you have internet at home. Unless your only connection to the internet is through an internet cafe, you might as well stay home. Also, if your computer/connection sucks and you require faster speeds for whatever you happen to be doing.

Going with friends to internet cafes is a pretty fun thing to do. It's like a LAN party without the complications of setting everyone's laptop or desktop at someone else's home. It usually comes with state of the art computers that can run all the games at top notch quality too.
Josso
Almost never, unless I'm on holiday but usually hotels and other places provide free internet access anyway.
Vladalf
I have home internet, I have gone to an internet cafe only once. That day some aquaintances wanted to feel like at a lanfest and I had to go with them to play something I profoundly hate, counter-strike, for an hour or so. Jobs can make you go to cafe's aswell, another aquaintance of mine works on ships and need the cafes when he's on the shore.
Vladalf
Arty
I don't think there's any around where I live.

I just use my home internet anyway.
Ghost900
I never go to an Internet Cafe, I do all my internet stuff from home and so find no need to go to a cafe, also I don't have a laptop so wouldn't work for me anyway. Very Happy
guru09
I used to go to that Borders book store to pick up a Computer Dummies book and surf the net and stuff. If you have internet at home, then theres really no point of driving to those places. Now if your out somewhere and you need internet, try to a find a library or someplace. If you have a PSP or DS then you can try to grab a signal and connect using it.
AleSSiiOo
No i don't go to an internet cafe somtimes when i'm on vacation but only for important things
seannie
I never liked going to internet cafes because I have my own connection at home. But some of my friends still go there despite having connections at home, which puzzles me.
lantyne
every sunday to be exact . i need to check my e-mail. download some songs . app . etc . but i often used almost 12 hours on-line hahaha
mwsupra
I never go. When you have a wifi connection and a coffee maker at home, you're set the same...
agulto
i dont go to internet cafes but before i used to go there everyday its because of network gaming not really to get online since i have internet at home
deanhills
I was in one of my favourite ones again this last weekend. The keyboard was completely worn out and they pasted alphabet letters on the keys, but all of it worked well. I was just fascinated how the computer was made up of many old parts, though the Internet was really in good working order, not too fast, but not slow at all. The Cafe was completely full of Internet Stations, not a spare space to be found, and the chairs are all old and beaten up ones, different models, different designs. Atmosphere however was really great, a nice hum and enjoyed my session there. Laughing
Crazy_Canuck
Not often. Only when travelling and I can't find any other way to get online.
chatrack
Hi,
By now i dont used to go to any cafe for the past 3 months. I have bb at office and a dialup in mobile.
darkeagle
Everyday...
Because I own an internet cafe Smile
desonium
I have never been in an internet cafe Embarassed
I have internet at my home and that's enough for me. Cool
piyushbhardwaj
i very rarely go to cyber cafe as i enjoy internet on wifi.
our college provide us with ifi facility.
when i am off campus i do go to cyber cafe.
hamza1122
lol. funny this topic because i just went to netcaf (internet cafe) today but not for wifi reasons or anything just to play some games with my friends.
spring567
three month a time . I don't think it is safe enough to use computer in the internet cafe.
ankitdatashn
2 months ago I used internet cafe about once in fortnight, it was more of compulsion then of choice coz at work private network was available at a very high price.
tuenti_login
mmmm... some years ago xd
czarulit
i don't need it. i have internet at home, so there's no reason to overpay...
polly-gone
I never, ever, ever go to Internet cafes. They are WAAAY overpriced and if I need any Internet outside of my super-fast home connection, I just find some major fast food restaurant or office building or something, whip out my iPod, and use whatever free Wifi that I can get. I've never been to an internet cafe and I don't even plan to.

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
Radar
Haven't ever. Libraries yes, because that's free Internet use. I think I just try and avoid paying for things wherever possible Smile

Wouldn't surprise me if I do end up doing it though. I would if I was overseas in all likelihood.
Easyway_Lover
I only go to Internet Cafes when all my friends decide to go which is usually once in the holidays and around once every term... So I go to the Internet Cafe approximately only 8 times a year.
ShareVok
Never, only perhaps on hollidays, but I more often enjoy the Land and his Nature! ^^
mgeek
I used to be a regular in an internet cafe near our place. Now that we have DSL at home, I dont go to the internet cafe anymore.
fantoos
I am having net connection at my home so there is no need to go to cafe.
chatrack
I am going to be a regular visitor to them as my 1 year subscription is comming to expire
sum12nv
i go around 5 days a week but i've not been going recently.
Twotone
I did once or twice when i was on dialup but now have fast internet at home and also mobile internet modem for my laptop, so no need
jocaboca
RiCtee wrote:

exacly, i dont like internet caffe as its not a very safe place for ur personal data.
anakin_skyrunner
I usually go to Internet cafes when I'm abroad and I have to check mails or so... I mostly use my mobile when I'm on the go.
guissmo
I take the cafe near our school whenever I'm in school. Otherwise, I'm at home. Very Happy
biljap
I never go to Internet cafe. I think I would always find a different way to use Internet if I can’t use it with my own computer. Internet cafe would be my last option because I don’t want to think about leaving personal traces on computers that are used by a lot of people.
Well, maybe I would use it while on vacation... But still, vacation is supposed to be your time to relax and run away from computer Cool , so...
Donutey
Well... if you count using a computer lab at university, then usually about every day of the week, it's more convenient that lugging my big ol' laptop around.
soljarag
i have never been to an internet cafe... I always see them in movies and TV shows... but I have not seen them anywhere here....

The closest thing i have been to is the library..

Now that cell phones can getemails and get on the internet, I'm sure fewer people will go to them..
deanhills
Just remembered this old thread with my stay in Muscat, Oman during the festive season. I deliberately didn't bring my laptop with me as I was going to visit some of the Internet Cafes in the area. Always an interesting place to be people wise. I first started with my friends in Ruwi who have probably one of the cleanest Internet Cafes with some of the oldest equipment refurbished in the most unique of ways. A big mixture of different generation monitors, the old-fashioned ones as well as ancillary equipment, but all the parts are there and in great shape. Internet speed a bit slow however. Last night, my first night in Muscat, my friends' Internet Cafe was closed for Xmas eve, and I found another Internet Cafe after quite a long search. Discovered that there are many less Cafes around than there had been a few years before. However, they still are there. The one last night was not the cleanest I'd seen, but speed was OK and equipment more or less functioning well. The mouse USB was fixed in the front with part of the lead hanging over the keyboard. Chair on its last legs.

Tonight I hit pay dirt. Best ever Internet Cafe of them all, right at the Ruwi Bus Stop. First of all, it had a "home" feeling, as all of the LCD's are Samsung, slightly larger than mine at home. Equipment are very much uniform and state of the art, and chairs in great shape. When I first saw all of this, thought I would be charged a hefty fee, but it is still less than the dirty Internet Cafe of last night. Speed is what I'm used to and great. Don't know how long it's going to last however, as the cafe is almost empty. Which for me is great of course!
andro_king
I don't use internet cafe.
I have my own internet connection in my home.
When i am out i access using my mobile phone. Wink
deanhills
andro_king wrote:
When i am out i access using my mobile phone. Wink
Right, most people do, or use wireless in real coffee shops. Think I"ll try the latter next time I'm around.
Nick2008
I also do not go to Internet Cafes, in fact many of them have shut down in my area. Usually I have access to the internet at home or WiFi at various establishments like Starbucks. The closest thing to a internet cafe that I have used is the internet access at the library. It's completely free and quite fast in my area.
deanhills
I'm quite happy at the new Internet Cafe I found last night. Hours suit me as well until midnight. Although next time I'll bring my Notebook as well, as last night had a completely sleepless night and was craving to get on the Internet. There's Wireless at the Hotel I'm staying at, although apparently not the greatest, but at least there is access.
mgeek
There was a time when I would go to the Internet Cafe at least once a month. But right now, with WI-Fi becoming a feature that is similar to a home appliance, I have not been to any internet cafe.
rjraaz
I did not go any internet cafe since last 5 years. Usually I us internet connection at my college or at my home.

It is now cheaper to have internet at home than cyber cafes.