FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google Friend Connect

truespeed
Has anyone added this to their sites yet? If so what do you think of it?

Google Friend Connect
apple
1st am hearing about this....I'll have to explore it a bit before I have an opinion
truespeed
just found out last night facebook have launched something similar which will probably usurp google friend connect in its popularity.
snowynight
Google always gives us new features and surprise. From earth to 3d sketch, etc.
winmark
Sounds really interesting ... have to see it in action before i make my mind though ...
shkumbin
I am hearing about this here for the first time, can you tell me more what is it about!?

Cheers,
Shkumbin
truespeed
shkumbin wrote:
I am hearing about this here for the first time, can you tell me more what is it about!?

Cheers,
Shkumbin

winmark wrote:
Sounds really interesting ... have to see it in action before i make my mind though ...

There is a link in the first post,that gives you example sites showing it in action.

Heres the facebook one,it works along the same principals,my money is on facebook to corner this particular market.
friuser
this is also the first time I am hearing about this. I've looked at the sample sites and am not that impresed. I am so leary of google though but I personally would not use facebook connect anyway.
vineeth
Yes, looks like a new feature. I am trying this and will comment asap
Magicman
This is a pretty interesting and powerful feature. It actually does seem to fit in pretty well with the surrounding layout of the sites. I guess only time will tell if it can beat out Facebook's platform since the Google system has quite a few databases to draw accounts from.
pll
snowynight wrote:
Google always gives us new features and surprise. From earth to 3d sketch, etc.

Well, maybe they don't innove enough with the search engine.

Anyways, I'll stick with facebook for the friend connect thing.
Kaseas
IMHO google is taking over the world.
tony
Kaseas wrote:
IMHO google is taking over the world.

Lol yeah! (of course, I have felt this way for a while and still use it :p)
pashmina
I didn't know about this..
Thanks for the link.
BTW this thing rocks
missdixy
Seems like a pretty cool feature, but I definitely don't think it's something I'd want to integrate into my website.
Rhineus
This is my first time hearing of it too but if it's anything from Google I'm not surprised because Google is taking over everything, just like Walmart
Unknown1312
Well, its surely good for some peaple but what about all he spam and information that is going around the world?
There are already a lot of people who like to damage people's PCs and homepages...
dude_xyx
Hmm I didn't know about this Google feature. Sounds interesting so I'm going to check it. Also I guess it would be bad when people start abusing it but noone can stop it ...
deanhills
Unknown1312 wrote:
Well, its surely good for some peaple but what about all he spam and information that is going around the world?
There are already a lot of people who like to damage people's PCs and homepages...

There is spam, but not so bad. My experience is with blogging with Google, as it works along the exact same lines. I would imagine there would be an option with Google, same as with the blogging, to get people to write the alphabet letters that is shown in a picture when they log into commenting on the blog. Which makes it a little safer.

I have not tried it yet, but think it is a good idea. Possibly a better idea would be to do the Google option yourself in your own Website. If you wish to be interactive, and have time to reply to all the comments and e-mails. As nothing worse to have that feature and not being able to service it properly. Then it would be better not to have it at all.