FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Forgive Mumbai attackers





handfleisch
Forgive Mumbai attackers, victims' relative says - CNN.com

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/12/04/mumbai.relative.forgive/index.html

Quote:
# "We must show that love is possible," says mother, wife of Mumbai attack victims
# "We must send them our love [and] forgiveness," Kia Scherr says
# Attack survivors describe final moments of Alan, Naomi Scherr in restaurant
# Founder of group that led trip: I identified bodies after attacks were over

(CNN) -- A Virginia woman whose husband and daughter were gunned down in last week's terror attacks in India says the attackers should be forgiven.
"We must send them our love [and] forgiveness," Kia Scherr said of the gunmen in the Mumbai, India, attacks.

"We must send them our love, forgiveness and compassion," Kia Scherr told reporters Tuesday of the Mumbai attackers, nine of whom were killed by Indian forces. "As Jesus Christ said long ago, they know not what they do.

"They are in ignorance, and they are completely shrouded and clouded by fear, and we must show that love is possible and love overpowers fear. So that's my choice."


She must be an incredible person to be able to forgive so quickly and completely.
liljp617
Pretty sure they know completely what they do. They have broad goals and they have specific, detailed goals. They plan and plot against forces/countries/civilians for years before carrying out attacks like this. They are not ignorant, they're fully aware of what their motives and goals are just as any army/force is.


Anyway, that's big of her, but I think the forgiveness is based on irrationality in this case (I guess it doesn't really matter).
handfleisch
liljp617 wrote:
Pretty sure they know completely what they do. They have broad goals and they have specific, detailed goals. They plan and plot against forces/countries/civilians for years before carrying out attacks like this. They are not ignorant, they're fully aware of what their motives and goals are just as any army/force is.


Anyway, that's big of her, but I think the forgiveness is based on irrationality in this case (I guess it doesn't really matter).


In terms of the biblical reference, I think she meant they don't know what they do in terms of alienating themselves from the love of God. And isn't all forgiveness irrational, not in its intent but in its source?

In terms of what you say about the attackers, have you been able to learn from news reports what their motives and goals were? Because the last I heard everyone was mystified about what the previously unknown group was trying to accomplish.
atul2242
Nobody seems to be telling what the terrorists wanted....
sketteksalfa
of course we still need to show love to the attackers and we should get their sympathy and understand the message they would like to bring. however we must also enforce the law and punishment due for them.
mrcool
we can easily say forgive the attackers but it is not easy to forget what happened to those victim especially our loved ones... hundreds of innocent people died here...
harismushtaq
There are so many such stories every few days with dozens of innicent people being killed. Still there are no evidences briought in front of the public so every one know what was the reason, why that happened and who was responsible. This all appears to be part of a world wide consipiracy hidden behind religion, weapons, economical problems etc but the same motive. Wonder what these people want to do.
deanhills
This is perhaps the best thing she could do for herself as I guess when we offer forgiveness to those who hurt us it is rarely about the other person but more about ourselves. Sort of a release and relief of a big weight of negative energy in our system. Quite healthy they say but not doable by everyone. I'm not very good with that. I would rather hunt down those guys and kill them cm by cm. An eye for an eye!
liljp617
handfleisch wrote:
liljp617 wrote:
Pretty sure they know completely what they do. They have broad goals and they have specific, detailed goals. They plan and plot against forces/countries/civilians for years before carrying out attacks like this. They are not ignorant, they're fully aware of what their motives and goals are just as any army/force is.


Anyway, that's big of her, but I think the forgiveness is based on irrationality in this case (I guess it doesn't really matter).


In terms of the biblical reference, I think she meant they don't know what they do in terms of alienating themselves from the love of God. And isn't all forgiveness irrational, not in its intent but in its source?

In terms of what you say about the attackers, have you been able to learn from news reports what their motives and goals were? Because the last I heard everyone was mystified about what the previously unknown group was trying to accomplish.


Terror?
Bikerman
I have to agree with Deanhills on this one. Forgiveness is a bit strong - I prefer the idea of 'letting it go'. The benefit is the same - it stops you from being chewed-up by grief, revenge and hurt. It is a difficult thing to do, and I am not a person to preach on this (since I have neither suffered this sort of loss, nor am I religious), but I can see the sense in the idea from a purely rational perspective. If you continue to hate, then you are allowing the subject of your hatred to influence your life forever. That is surely giving them a power which they do not deserve or warrant.
Cddhesh
I would like to salute that women first who says language of love and forgiveness against those who killed her beloved once.
With respect to terrorist, till they are in India , no need for them or their family to get worried of them, They are safe in jail and are treated like guest, provided all kinds of facility to them.
Afsal guru, Who attacked parliament is still in police custody, he has not being hanged till now.He is enjoying his life in jail.
As per that women, Terrorists are under love ,affection and great care in India.So really no need to worry about them, In fact i myself planning to become terrorists make one or two blasts such that no one will get harmed and be in custody and spend remaining life nicely.
ganesh
Love and forgiving are OK in a local context when one person wrongs another one.

However, I can't believe that some person who is misguided enough to wreak havoc upon thousands of people, nay, a whole city, deserves any love or compassion. The terrorist needs to be made aware of and also experience the pain and suffering that he has caused to so many people himself. Then only will he realize the wrongs that he has done.

Jihadis and other such people 'fighting' for a cause will only be encouraged to do further wrong things if they are shown love, compassion and forgiven for their terrorist activities. What is the opinion of fellow Frihosters on this issue?
prithvi
It doesn't make sense..........we repeat time and again that terrorists are not humans and don't have any religion.

The moment someone kills or destroys a creation of God, that person is going against the will of God.
So a terrorist's mind rather belongs to the devil.

Then why should anyone forgive them?

That's being hypocritical.
Bikerman
prithvi wrote:
It doesn't make sense..........we repeat time and again that terrorists are not humans and don't have any religion.
You can repeat it as many times as you like - it is still nonsense.
Of course they are human - who do you think you are? That is offensive nonsense.
I didn't know that YOU had the right to define what was and was not a religion. Who made you Pope of the world?
prithvi
Bikerman wrote:
prithvi wrote:
It doesn't make sense..........we repeat time and again that terrorists are not humans and don't have any religion.
You can repeat it as many times as you like - it is still nonsense.
Of course they are human - who do you think you are? That is offensive nonsense.
I didn't know that YOU had the right to define what was and was not a religion. Who made you Pope of the world?


Terrorists are born as humans, but at the time of committing the gruesome acts, they have been severely brainwashed by their 'peers'...........to the extent that they can kill their own family to achieve the objective. So, in a way, their thinking, their mentality is no longer human.

They will never understand any 'forgiveness' and will only misinterpret it as society's weakness.

If they have a religion, that religion is terrorism..........they only follow what objective they have set out for.

By just saying that by forgiving them, we might be able to swallow our grief, aren't we being a bit selfish here and not concerned about the betterment of our society?
Bikerman
prithvi wrote:
Terrorists are born as humans, but at the time of committing the gruesome acts, they have been severely brainwashed by their 'peers'...........to the extent that they can kill their own family to achieve the objective. So, in a way, their thinking, their mentality is no longer human.
You are deeply ignorant and I find it personally offensive. Fortunately I don't choose to classify your ignorance as inhuman, or I would be as bad as you.
prithvi
Since forgiveness is so much important, I guess we shouldn't have armies or police or the judiciary any longer..............in order to pave the way for forgiveness.


Let a murderer commit murder, let a thief commit theft...............let us not arrest anyone since its better to 'forgive' them.

C'mon! Wake up! Are you living in a fairy tale world?

If this is being offensive, then what is defensive?
Bikerman
prithvi wrote:
Since forgiveness is so much important, I guess we shouldn't have armies or police or the judiciary any longer..............in order to pave the way for forgiveness.
Ridiculous non-sequitur
Quote:
Let a murderer commit murder, let a thief commit theft...............let us not arrest anyone since its better to 'forgive' them.
Offensive non-sequitur
a) I didn't say that forgiveness was so important. Why don't you read, instead of assuming.
b) My objection to you is your willingness, even eagerness, to assume some rather egocentric 'high ground'. You clearly feel qualified and competent to pronounce on what is human and what is religion, whereas the truth is that you are quite clearly unqualified and incompetent to pronounce on either.
prithvi
Bikerman wrote:
prithvi wrote:
Since forgiveness is so much important, I guess we shouldn't have armies or police or the judiciary any longer..............in order to pave the way for forgiveness.
Ridiculous non-sequitur
Quote:
Let a murderer commit murder, let a thief commit theft...............let us not arrest anyone since its better to 'forgive' them.
Offensive non-sequitur
a) I didn't say that forgiveness was so important. Why don't you read, instead of assuming.
b) My objection to you is your willingness, even eagerness, to assume some rather egocentric 'high ground'. You clearly feel qualified and competent to pronounce on what is human and what is religion, whereas the truth is that you are quite clearly unqualified and incompetent to pronounce on either.


I don't know what you have interpreted from my earlier comments........

To put it briefly, I said that the terrorists are rather inhuman to have committed such a heinous act, and that they follow no religion other than terrorism, so that none of us should say they were of any particular religious community.

If you think that I was going overboard with my comments, how much higher learning and qualification does it need to understand that those acts were rather inhuman?

And by the way, I am not the only one to have voiced the above feelings so far. And if we have to argue on how qualified we are on making our comments, we might as well do away with this 'discussion' thread.
Bikerman
You said nothing of the sort, and lying will not change it.
You said, specifically
Quote:
we repeat time and again that terrorists are not humans and don't have any religion.

That is NOT saying their actions are 'rather inhuman' (even if that had any meaning, which it doesn't).
Clearly they follow a religion - Islam. You might like to believe that they follow it badly or incorrectly, but you have no authority to pronounce on the matter. In fact, in Islam NOBODY has the authority to call another Muslim irreligious.
prithvi
Bikerman wrote:
You said nothing of the sort, and lying will not change it.
You said, specifically
Quote:
we repeat time and again that terrorists are not humans and don't have any religion.

That is NOT saying their actions are 'rather inhuman' (even if that had any meaning, which it doesn't).
Clearly they follow a religion - Islam. You might like to believe that they follow it badly or incorrectly, but you have no authority to pronounce on the matter. In fact, in Islam NOBODY has the authority to call another Muslim irreligious.


hmm, I said 'terrorists are not humans'................ well yes, physically they are still human (doesn't matter, does it?).............but their thinking, acts, objectives are all inhuman.

'Terrorists have no religion'............... What the terrorists are doing are going against Islam, isn't it? So does it make sense in saying that they are followers of Islam.
Well, officially they are Islamic...........but otherwise, they are adopting strong non-Islamic ways.
They might be offering namaz everyday, but right after that, for all we know, they might be beheading some hapless victim..................
so how does it matter who they are praying to? Are they following the path of God? Or have they made 'terrorism' their own religion
Bikerman
You still don't get it.
a) You have no competence to pronounce on what actions are 'human'. Any action committed by a human is a human action - from an act of love, to the holocaust. Calling such actions 'inhuman' is simply stupid.
b) You have no competence to pronounce on what a good Muslim should do. You have an opinion, that is all. Therefore when you say these terrorists have no religion you are setting yourself up as some arbiter of Islam. The fact is that their actions can be justified by several passages in the Quran, just as the actions of Christian terrorists can be justified by several passages in the Old Testament. That doesn't make them right. In my opinion it makes them criminals and unethical people. That is not the same as saying they are not human, or not religious. Even Bin-Laden doesn't take it upon himself to declare other Muslims 'non religious'. His worst criticism is that they are 'bad muslims'.
prithvi
Bikerman wrote:
You still don't get it.
a) You have no competence to pronounce on what actions are 'human'. Any action committed by a human is a human action - from an act of love, to the holocaust. Calling such actions 'inhuman' is simply stupid.


Regardless of the terminology I have used to describe that, the fact still remains that such acts can not and should not be forgiven.

Bikerman wrote:

........
b) You have no competence to pronounce on what a good Muslim should do. You have an opinion, that is all. Therefore when you say these terrorists have no religion you are setting yourself up as some arbiter of Islam. The fact is that their actions can be justified by several passages in the Quran, just as the actions of Christian terrorists can be justified by several passages in the Old Testament. That doesn't make them right. In my opinion it makes them criminals and unethical people. That is not the same as saying they are not human, or not religious.


I was given to believe that many of the 'justifications' by the Holy Books are not actually there, and in fact, its often said that hardcore extremists have altered the definition of the Holy texts to justify their deeds and prove to their followers that such justifications are actually there.

Bikerman wrote:
..... Even Bin-Laden doesn't take it upon himself to declare other Muslims 'non religious'. His worst criticism is that they are 'bad muslims'.

In fact, Bin Laden along with many hardcore extremists do quote that any person who does not follow Islam but some other religion, are 'infidels' or 'kaafirs'.
Bikerman
prithvi wrote:
Regardless of the terminology I have used to describe that, the fact still remains that such acts can not and should not be forgiven.
According to you, that is. In fact I never said they should be - but I don't take it upon myself to criticise those who do forgive. The terminology you use is rather important - in fact it is the only way in which it is possible to judge your meaning. YOUR meaning is rather clear and rather stupid.
Quote:
I was given to believe that many of the 'justifications' by the Holy Books are not actually there, and in fact, its often said that hardcore extremists have altered the definition of the Holy texts to justify their deeds and prove to their followers that such justifications are actually there.
Well why don't you read for yourself rather than relying on weasel words like 'it is often said' and 'I was led to believe'. Those are the words often used by bigots and fools to justify all sorts of nonsense.
Quote:
In fact, Bin Laden along with many hardcore extremists do quote that any person who does not follow Islam but some other religion, are 'infidels' or 'kaafirs'.
Yes he does, but he DOESN'T say that Muslims who disagree with his Jihadi interpretation of Islam are not Muslims - he simply says they are bad muslims, just as some Christians who think that murdering abortion doctors is required by the bible think that Christians who are opposed are 'bad' Christians. To say they are 'not religious' is both untrue and rather silly.

Think about this (and I really mean this - THINK ABOUT IT). Most atrocities that we see in history start with one group of people defining another group of people as 'non-human' or 'sub-human'. Any-time I hear someone using this language it makes my hair stand on end and my hackles rise. You should be ashamed to even think, never mind post, in these terms. This sort of language makes you little better than the worst terrorist. Once you define people as 'non-human' then....well it should be obvious to anyone with any intelligence what follows....
Chinmoy
o enemies of humanity, brainwashed idiots, victims of illiteracy, have some shame and have some sense. These people are god! Look how they forgive you!have some shame.
prithvi
Chinmoy wrote:
o enemies of humanity, brainwashed idiots, victims of illiteracy, have some shame and have some sense. These people are god! Look how they forgive you!have some shame.


No, please don't.............in fact, attack us more frequently till we finally make some sense in differentiating between what to forgive and what not to.
OpposableThumbs
sketteksalfa wrote:
of course we still need to show love to the attackers and we should get their sympathy and understand the message they would like to bring. however we must also enforce the law and punishment due for them.


I'm pretty much with this opinion.
Bikerman
OpposableThumbs wrote:
sketteksalfa wrote:
of course we still need to show love to the attackers and we should get their sympathy and understand the message they would like to bring. however we must also enforce the law and punishment due for them.


I'm pretty much with this opinion.

No, we don't need to show love to them at all. What they did was reprehensible and they should be punished. We should try to understand WHY they did it, if for no other reason than trying to prevent it happening again.
As I said earlier - I am not advocating forgiveness. Those individuals who can forgive - well I say good for them. Those who cannot - well I completely understand that, but my point is that to eat yourself up with hate for the attackers is not the way. There are many examples of people who focus on an atrocity that has happened to them - the one that springs to my mind is the mother of one of the victims of the Moors murderers here in the UK. The woman has spent her entire life hating Hindley and Bradey. Now, whilst that is understandable, I think she has wasted her life. The entire focus of her life was hatred and, now that the murderers are dead, what does she have left?

I certainly do not believe that society as a whole should forgive and forget this type of atrocity. Those responsible should be punished. To use terms like 'inhuman' & 'coward', however, is both factually incorrect and very dangerous. The moment that people buy into a view that people (even terrorists) are not human is the moment that they debase themselves and leave the way open to wider atrocity.
prithvi
As suggested by many of the common public in Mumbai and other Indian cities, the lone surviving attacker Qasab currently in police custody, should be given the harshest punishment possible.

India has so far been very forgiving to all prior incidents like these, which is why it has been branded as a 'soft country'. No wonder the terrorists get the wrong message and continue to target us with more preparedness.
What the terrorists need is a good, strong message so that they will think twice before dedicating their life for Jehadi missions.

During the 1971 war, the Indian Army had released over 90,000 Pakistani POW soldiers in a gesture of goodwill and forgiveness. And this is how Pakistan has repaid India.
liljp617
prithvi wrote:
What the terrorists need is a good, strong message so that they will think twice before dedicating their life for Jehadi missions.


I think the past few years have showed this doesn't work all that well.
prithvi
liljp617 wrote:
prithvi wrote:
What the terrorists need is a good, strong message so that they will think twice before dedicating their life for Jehadi missions.


I think the past few years have showed this doesn't work all that well.


As far as India is concerned, we have never done anything so far.........and always been lenient.
So being forgiving doesn't seem to work either.

Now they've just become too bold to do it in the open.

We need to deal with it the way we dealt with the Punjab terrorism in the '80s and completely destroyed it.

The main difference here is that this is of a larger scale.
mrcool
you can easily say forgive mumbai attackers but what about to those families who were the victims? can they forgive? i don't think so...
hunnyhiteshseth
handfleisch wrote:
Because the last I heard everyone was mystified about what the previously unknown group was trying to accomplish.


No, it was previously unknown group just for Western media. That is LeT (Lashkar-e-Taiba) formed in 1989 with support of Pakistan's intelligence agency ISI. It is responsible for many attacks in Kashmir in 1990s and lately in other Indian states also. It says its goal is to establish Muslim rule over whole world.
liljp617
prithvi wrote:
liljp617 wrote:
prithvi wrote:
What the terrorists need is a good, strong message so that they will think twice before dedicating their life for Jehadi missions.


I think the past few years have showed this doesn't work all that well.


As far as India is concerned, we have never done anything so far.........and always been lenient.
So being forgiving doesn't seem to work either.

Now they've just become too bold to do it in the open.

We need to deal with it the way we dealt with the Punjab terrorism in the '80s and completely destroyed it.

The main difference here is that this is of a larger scale.


I'm not talking about India. I'm talking about others (the US for instance) attempting to send strong messages to the groups/organizations responsible for actions like this.
hunnyhiteshseth
Hey guys here is contradiciton. India's policy of forgiving terrorist and giving them a chance to improve doesnt work(which we have seen).

US' policy of getting a *beep* out of terrorist doesnt work.(which US has seen)
So what should we do with them??
shindig
atul2242 wrote:
Nobody seems to be telling what the terrorists wanted....


Terrorists want to incite terror to publicise their cause and compell their audience to act on it... by pure definition it's pretty chalk and cheese.
deanhills
prithvi wrote:
We need to deal with it the way we dealt with the Punjab terrorism in the '80s and completely destroyed it.


Be careful what you wish for. We are no longer in the eighties. India has moved a million years ahead with regard to its military capabilities, and so has Pakistan. Pakistan had a much more stable Government in the eighties, right now it is hanging by a thread, in a virtual reporting relationship to its military. You cannot compare the eighties with today. Terrorism has also come a long way since that time too.
deanhills
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Hey guys here is cantradiciton. India's policy of forgiving terrorist and giving them a chance to improve doesnt work(which we have seen).

US' policy of getting a *beep* out of terrorist doesnt work.(which US has seen)
So what should we do with them??


Perhaps it should be assistance to the United States in Afghanistan, with sorting out the terrorists where they really are. Instead of losing strength and power by entering into a war with Pakistan, that is not going to solve the problem of terrorism at all. The two countries will just be destroyed, indirectly by the terrorists who created the problem in the first place for that specific purpose.

We have already had one lesson when the US went into Iraq, thinking it was hunting weapons of mass destruction, but it turned into an enormous blunder. Its intelligence at that time was much less than it is today. Support for the cause in Afghanistan would be an attack on terrorism. Perhaps that is where the focus should be for both Pakistan and India as well as looking after its own security in a much more vigilant way in cooperation with those who have intelligence of the terrorists.
prithvi
deanhills wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Hey guys here is cantradiciton. India's policy of forgiving terrorist and giving them a chance to improve doesnt work(which we have seen).

US' policy of getting a *beep* out of terrorist doesnt work.(which US has seen)
So what should we do with them??


Perhaps it should be assistance to the United States in Afghanistan, with sorting out the terrorists where they really are. Instead of losing strength and power by entering into a war with Pakistan, that is not going to solve the problem of terrorism at all. The two countries will just be destroyed, indirectly by the terrorists who created the problem in the first place for that specific purpose.

We have already had one lesson when the US went into Iraq, thinking it was hunting weapons of mass destruction, but it turned into an enormous blunder. Its intelligence at that time was much less than it is today. Support for the cause in Afghanistan would be an attack on terrorism. Perhaps that is where the focus should be for both Pakistan and India as well as looking after its own security in a much more vigilant way in cooperation with those who have intelligence of the terrorists.


I am sure no one here would like the idea of having a war with Pakistan.
What we do need is strict action against the terrorist camps in Pakistan, that are currently engaged in promoting terrorist activities throughout the world.
The terrorist camps along with the ISI are hand to hand with the Taliban.
These terrorists are not based at a single location, rather they have several wings all over the world.
Destroying the terrorist camps in Pakistan is as important as destroying the Taliban extremists, there are no two ways about it.
Whilst the military is sent to Afghanistan, there is a safe passage of Taliban leaders to Pakistan. So unless the core region is concentrated upon, it will never come to an end.
LumberJack
handfleisch wrote:
Forgive Mumbai attackers, victims' relative says - CNN.com

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/12/04/mumbai.relative.forgive/index.html

Quote:
# "We must show that love is possible," says mother, wife of Mumbai attack victims
# "We must send them our love [and] forgiveness," Kia Scherr says
# Attack survivors describe final moments of Alan, Naomi Scherr in restaurant
# Founder of group that led trip: I identified bodies after attacks were over

(CNN) -- A Virginia woman whose husband and daughter were gunned down in last week's terror attacks in India says the attackers should be forgiven.
"We must send them our love [and] forgiveness," Kia Scherr said of the gunmen in the Mumbai, India, attacks.

"We must send them our love, forgiveness and compassion," Kia Scherr told reporters Tuesday of the Mumbai attackers, nine of whom were killed by Indian forces. "As Jesus Christ said long ago, they know not what they do.

"They are in ignorance, and they are completely shrouded and clouded by fear, and we must show that love is possible and love overpowers fear. So that's my choice."


She must be an incredible person to be able to forgive so quickly and completely.


She is an incredible person to be able to do so. I would not fault someone who could not forgive someone for such an act.

Acts such as this, proliferate more violence and death. It is up to someone to stop the cycle. She seems to have decided that it will stop with her. Unfortunately, it will not with others. Every action has a reaction. Unfortunately, not all the reactions will be as forgiving as this one.
hunnyhiteshseth
deanhills wrote:

Perhaps it should be assistance to the United States in Afghanistan, with sorting out the terrorists where they really are. Instead of losing strength and power by entering into a war with Pakistan, that is not going to solve the problem of terrorism at all.


I beg to differ there. Moving more troops to Afganistan will just force terrorists to change their base from Afganistan to some other country. We have seen how when US attacked Afganistan Taliban disappeared from there but appeared in tribal areas of Pakistan forcing US to bomb those places also. What we need is parallel action on all hideouts of terrorists so that they dont keep on hoping from one place to other.


Quote:

The two countries will just be destroyed, indirectly by the terrorists who created the problem in the first place for that specific purpose.


Nah, I dont believe that both countries can be destroyed. Firstly, no war is likely. Secondly most probable is 'surgical strikes' on specific hideouts of terrorists based on precise intelligence. Thirdly, even if that escalates into a full war only one country can be destroyed or rather captured not both.(and we know which one Laughing Laughing )
vineeth
Read the following news also...
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/15/20081225200812250225081731635eb98/Terrorists-sexually-Humiliated-guests-before-killing-them

Forgiving terrorists is a good and noble idea when we look at it for the first time. But we need to be warned by our previous experiences and future precautions.

Yes, being an Indian, I would say that we will release him, the nabbed terrorist on humanitarian and peace message grounds but what is the guarantee that he will be accepted by his mother nation? What is the guarantee that he realized that he is wrong and killing a fellow being never brings religion and instead it simply destroys religion?

When he says that he was wrong when he killed his fellow beings and he is sorry for it, lets talk about forgiving him. Before that, No. And when he accepted his mistake, let him be here in India itself and let him practice his religion with absolute freedom... thus reassure India's heritage..

"Truth is one. Different people calls it by different names".
sondosia
While I admire this woman's courage...I just don't think that's the right view to take.

We all like to believe that all evil in the world can be cured by love and money. But it can't. Some people are born with something horrible inside them, and that will never go away. Some leaders incite their people to do horrible things, and that won't change because of love or money.

It's not exactly pleasant to realize that, but...I really think it's true.
LumberJack
sondosia wrote:
While I admire this woman's courage...I just don't think that's the right view to take.

We all like to believe that all evil in the world can be cured by love and money. But it can't. Some people are born with something horrible inside them, and that will never go away. Some leaders incite their people to do horrible things, and that won't change because of love or money.

It's not exactly pleasant to realize that, but...I really think it's true.


The world is a slave to the indifference of mankind. Political, economic and social indifference. I am not saying we should all be tree-huggers, or hippies. We must all fear evil, but we must fear the indifference of good men even more. That is what allows evil to take control.
deanhills
LumberJack wrote:
The world is a slave to the indifference of mankind. Political, economic and social indifference. I am not saying we should all be tree-huggers, or hippies. We must all fear evil, but we must fear the indifference of good men even more. That is what allows evil to take control.


Well said Lumberjack! Really like it. Can good men be indifferent though? I always thought indifference came from overly emphasis on one's own self to the exclusion of everyone else. Total selfishness and self-absorption?
Related topics
Rain Disaster in Mumbai (India)
comparison between hurricane katrina and Mumbai flood
My first 3d Face
Mumbai police
Seven Serial Blasts Rock Mumbai, Over 300 Feared Dead
Forgive us evil.
[A Small Update about Me] I'M SORRY!!!
What whould u do when ur gf lied to u?
Mumbai's New Police Commissioner
Mumbai Indians
India Terror Attack - Rocks the metro "Mumbai"
Mumbai terror attackers had sexually humilated tourists
Conditions at Guantanamo not as bad as most assume.
OSCAR night of INDIA
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Discuss World News

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.