FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MP3 with Video or MP4 player

poppat
Hi everyone

I need help.

I want to buy a portable ipod style video player for my kids.

What is best??

Is it the MP3 player with video capability or the MP4 player?

There is one made by Philips that is advertised as an MP3 player by one company and an MP4 player by another company. Is there any real difference?

I know a little about compression, but I am really looking to find the most compatible player for under 100 GBP.

Thanks for any help.

poppat
Blissgene
You should pay attention to the supportive format of either MP3 or MP4. Of course, MP4 is supposed to support more. Top option better to be able to play video of realplay (.rm, .rmvb) and windows (.avi, .wmv) etc. iPod only supports standard formats(.avi, .mp3/.mp4) and quicktime (kind of its own format) and the appearance is always attractive and leading the style.
Diablosblizz
QuickTime on windows systems is just horrible. It doesn't display videos properly, the text compared to the Video is off and it's just a completely horrible program. I wouldn't have it if I didn't have an iPod.

Poppat, it would depend on what your kids like. If they want to watch video on their portable device, then MP4 is the way to go, if they want to just listen to music on the portable device then defiantly go with MP3. Just go to your local computer store and look around, bring your kids (unless it's a present) and see what they like the best.

I hope this helps.
t4tommy
the new 211 handheld is awsome.

you can put in a 16 gig sdhc card and a 32 gig compact flash.. the thing has touch screen. great high res.

plays nintendo and stuff too

loads of other apps on windows mobile devices... plus the benifit of wireless headphones... bluetooth is awesome.
t4tommy
for under $100 you could probably get a used H1920 iPaq and put a 2gb sd card in it.
play movies and mp3's on it.. keep multiple disks,
chevaliers-citadelle
I have a Cowon D2, it's great!!!

look here:

http://labo.generationmp3.com/2007/02/05/test-du-cowon-d2/

Bye!