FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Emoticon-Poll

TomS
Hi there.
Lately on another forum the question came up, what emoticon is more popular. Smile or (:
Looking at some results, it seemes, like it depends on what gender you are. So I made a poll, where you have to tell your gender, too. Therefore the poll is on an external server.

Please vote: http://smileypoll.rshost.de/eng.php
Nameless
Given that English is read left to right and up to down, and an emoticon can't easily be typed up to down, typing the up of it to the left ie. :) would seem to be the logical way to do it.
snowboardalliance
Nameless wrote:
Given that English is read left to right and up to down, and an emoticon can't easily be typed up to down, typing the up of it to the left ie. Smile would seem to be the logical way to do it.

Agreed.
Gonzalo
I will be always in love with the ^_^ or simply the ¬¬´

I´ve come to hate the times today when all ascii code is replaced by an actual image. I miss the old days when we spent hours making a composed text based lookalike picture.
Xaferrow
Nameless wrote:
Given that English is read left to right and up to down, and an emoticon can't easily be typed up to down, typing the up of it to the left ie. Smile would seem to be the logical way to do it.

yeah
SpellcasterDX
I prefer this one Smile. The normal one, in other words. haha. But yes I have noticed that a lot of girls prefer the (:
missdixy
I've never known anyone, boy or girl, who uses (:
Zombie
I always use this one =)
TomS
SpellcasterDX wrote:
I prefer this one Smile. The normal one, in other words. haha. But yes I have noticed that a lot of girls prefer the (:

Same here. That's why I added the gender-question in the first place.
And you see the result speaks for itself. Although I thought even more girls would choose the (:-emoticon. But it's about the same, now.

I heard about, that women use the other side of the brain more. (men right and women left, or the other way round?). Maybe that could be a reason, why we have so many girls, that like the (: thingy more?
_AVG_
I'm a boy and I think this one is the best ... it's the coolest Cool
spring567
Vielen Dank.

90.91% of the male voters prefer the Smile Smiley.
9.09% of the male voters prefer the (: Smiley.

44.44% of the female voters prefer the Smile emoticon.
55.56% of the female voters prefer the (: emoticon.

64 people have voted by now.

I don't think it needs voting , most of people know emoticon Smile is a smile ,but only a few people know the emoticon (: is a smile . So most people like Smile as they often use it .
ProfessorY91
Quote:
Given that English is read left to right and up to down, and an emoticon can't easily be typed up to down, typing the up of it to the left ie. would seem to be the logical way to do it.

I'll probably get decked for this comment but the hell with it:

Doesn't this prove the point that females are backwards-oriented Razz ?
RubySlasher
I prefer using C: so I went with (: although I used to use :) before forums started implementing those annoying auto-smilies.
Girls totally use ^_^ now, anyways, because they're not sideways like boys are.
Rhineus
spring567 wrote:
I don't think it needs voting , most of people know emoticon Smile is a smile ,but only a few people know the emoticon (: is a smile . So most people like Smile as they often use it .

I agree, I did not even know that (: was a smile... I always used Smile, it is what I am used to. Just my two cents Smile
TomS
Wow. Maybe I should have added countries, too?
I hardly know people, that use ^_^or -_- or *o* ... Only some programer guys on a certian programer-forum...
And I know not a single girl, that uses those non-turned-smileys...

You don't think a poll is needed, because you only know this one Smile. You're like the vatican when Galilei found out, that the earth is a globe. "ah no, it isn't a globe. We need no further investigation. Stop telling every one, it's a globe". Not exactly the same, because now we know, that only the earth being a globe is right, and in this case, both ways are possible.
And even if you think, "what a stupid poll, there's only one smiley" than please vote for your smiley, though.
Thanks
apple
I have never seen (: before

I however use Rolling Eyes more than any other one.... Rolling Eyes
jmlworld
I always use Very Happy (COLON followed by D), by the way, I have never seen the smiley "(:", like apple said
TomS
Once is always the first time Wink
Kaseas
Smile
Kaseas
Smile
Raivaka
I prefer to use the. (: Mainly because I use MSN, and I hate the Smile smiley on there. I also like to use the ^^ or n.n