FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

seting up mysql on dw cs4

titus1972
I am trying to set up live view in dw cs4 for more efficient testing when i make changes to my web site the site is php , (joomla) but i am having problems getting the program to display the site in live view and in real time. I followed the instructions as per adobe tech support but no luck. They say an the issue is with frihost protocols. Does anyone know of a work around or fix that my help when trying to connect to frihost severs and live view in dw.
AftershockVibe
On the frihost server I used (haven't checked the new one) the MySQL port is not accessible from the outside world. i.e. There is no way to connect your development machine to the Frihost database directly.

That said, you probably don't actually want to do this! You're much better creating your own MySQL database server on your development machine and using that to test things. That way, if you make a massive mess no-one else has to know and you can easily restore a copy of the real database if you mess up too badly! Wink
rvec
I think there's a way to make it accessable from the outside somewhere in your admin panel. Not sure where, but if you look around in the mysql part of the admin panel I think you'll find something.