FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

none

bestmobilestuff
none
RubySlasher
Yeah, guys don't have codes of honor, so it doesn't really matter. Also, he probably already thinks you've messed with her, which is why he's reluctant as well.

TrueFact
Yeah, we, the men, don't have a written code of honor but sure we have it :p

Anyways, if she says they are just friends and she assured it many times, then it is your friend's problem not yours if the girl kicked him. Maybe he's just messing up with her or maybe she's his sex body. Sorry for that.

The only thing you didn't say or mention, was your friend's reply when you apologized to him. That will put an end to your misery.
rightclickscott
This really isn't a dilemma of chivalry. Your friend wants a girl who's clearly not interested in him, and she's much more interested in you. Take a shot with her, and if your friend really can't take that kind of hint, then he's just being plain immature.
deanhills
Your own advice of talking to your friend is obviously the best course of action. Rather sooner than later and preferably before you phone the girl to make a date with her. If the friend finds out about this after you have dated her and before you had a chance to sort it out with him, perhaps that will be much worse for the friendship. Hope she is worth it though, as of course it will come at a price! Your friend may be OK with it for the sake of the friendship, but I am sure if the roles had been reserved, that there would have been at least a tiny twinge of resentment?
ptfrances
This is a really dificult situation I guess...
I hope you could find the right solution and clear your mind as much as possible

Wink
andysart380
code of honor doesn't apply unless hes already tappin it, you did what you needed to do its all about who she picks she obviously wasnt interested in him, she came to you for your number so its nothing to worry about... if he gets mad he'll just get over it soon enough.
shindig
She's interested in you, not him. Even taking you out of the picture it doesn't sound like he ever had a chance with her.

So you haven't done anything wrong. Just be straight with him. You made sure there wasn't anything between them first, but you're attracted to each other and that's why you asked her out.

He might be bit miffed at first ...but he'll just have to take a cup of concrete. There are other fish in the sea.
Flarkis
It's good that you asked her out. Sadly your friend is just out of luck. This girl clearly has no attraction to him, which is nobodys fault. I suggest you talk to your friend and tell him about how you like this girl and how she likes you and maybe apologize and see how he takes it. If he follows the "guy code of honor" he will take his defeat like a man and be happy for you. You played all the right moves, you didn't flirt with the girl every chance you had, you asked her and your friend about them liking each other, etc. If your friend takes it badly, he either had strong feelings for her, or as said above, hes just immature.