FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

problems in core 2 duo processor.. its cpu usage is too much

tushar_gangwal
i have core 2 duo laptop .. from last 1.4 years .. and till present i used it very nicely..
but from last few days .. i have some problems with it.. its processing speed have decreased and its cpu usage goes to 100% generally.. and my pc got hanged.. how to resolve this problem.. if there is any hardware problem.. please give me your suggestions ..asp...
contact me tushar.gangwal@gmail.com..
thanx
Donutey
You might want to clean out any dust in the heatsink that cools the processor, if the heatsink is clogged the CPU gets too hot and it automatically throttles down to a lower speed so it doesn't damage itself.

There are numerous articles you can find through Google on how to do this, some which might be specific to your laptop.
AftershockVibe
It's more likely that something actually *is* using the processor, just it's not supposed to be! Best off to check this first because it's dead easy to do!

Have a look in task manager's processes tab (Hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and select it from the menu) and see what's using it. If you click the top of the "CPU Usage" column you'll get them in order.
brokenadvice
I am with AftershockVibe. You probably have some sort of software malfunctioning. I would be willing to bet it is spyware, but it could just as well be a innocuous piece of software. If there is is one program that is hogging 99% of the CPU, you could uninstall and reinstall it.