FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Locking the posts?

Sunny
I've noticed specially in "free hosting support" and "computer problems" forum then even after problems have been resolved completely , its not locked. and I can't think of any reasons for it. Only thing it does is invite 'unnecessary posts" or from my dictionary = spam.

In fact I noticed few of the members are just literally repeating the solution offered by the members who posted prior to him for some obvious reasons.
tidruG
The reason I don't generally lock something up is because some rare times someone comes up with other solutions... anyway, I see it's starting to get a little nanoying, so we'll start being a little more active while locking topics... I hope the other Mods read this too.
Bondings
The reason why I don't lock is that every time I do it, the person who had a problem comes up with another related problem and has to create another topic. But you're right, it should better be locked while leaving a link to my pm for the topic creator to notify me when he needs it opened again.
n0obie4life
If we were to have all the solutions and common questions on the forum sticki-fied, I think the whole of the first page would be stickies.
orno
yeah, of course, no need to stickify it all, but i think whenever a problem is solved we can and should edit the title to [RESOLVED] <previous title> and then close the thread....