FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do i make and check the email from my site

Parkour_Jarrod
okay I'm being hosted (obviously) and it says i have 1/unlimited email's made, how do i make the email addresses, and how do i check them ect ect ect?
Arseniy
You should create the email addresses through your cpanel and check them or via web interface or via your mail program.
You can find an icon called "Email Accounts" in your cpanel. So there you'll need to enter some data and your email will be ready Smile
Parkour_Jarrod
where/how do i get a web interface or mail program?
Arseniy
You can find a web interface right in your cpanel (if you're on server 1). If you're on server 2 - sorry, there's no web interface in DirectAdmin.
What about mail program - you can use standart microsoft outlook with settings of your mail server.
Parkour_Jarrod
cool, but uh, im server 3 ><
Arseniy
Server 3 and server 2 are now the same things Smile
So you'll need to use microsoft outlook or outlook express or if you use opera then you've automatically got plugged in mail client or you can download and install mozilla thunderbird.
SpellcasterDX
I'm sorry but can't you simply use SquirrelMail or Uebimiau or Roundcube to check and send emails?
Parkour_Jarrod
uhm, i dont even know what those are :/ im newby to computers and im learning ><
truespeed
If you have created an email address in your direct admin or c-panel depending on what server your on,you can login to webmail from there,there should be squirrel mail plus another i can't remember the name of.
Diablosblizz
It's possible to get your email, simply just go to:

http://yourdomain.frih.org/webmail/

This will bring you to an online Webmail, just like hotmail. Type in your user account name (so the one you login to with DirectAdmin) and then your password. If you created a different account, just login like this:

useraccount@yourdomain.frih.org

And then type in your password. I hope this helps, and if not just reply back.
Parkour_Jarrod
that worked thanks
Arnie
SpellcasterDX wrote:
I'm sorry but can't you simply use SquirrelMail or Uebimiau or Roundcube to check and send emails?
Only Uebimiau (/webmail) at the moment. The other two have been malfunctioning since server 2 accounts were transferred to server 3.
Diablosblizz
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
that worked thanks

Your welcome, enjoy!
Ghost Rider103
You normally can use the three web mail clients, but like someone else said since server 2 went down, only Uebimiau is actually working.

It works fine for me. I used to sue Squirrel Mail, but now have to use Uebimiau and I don't mind it at all.